Trackmania freezing at "Please Wait..." screen

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Akingboy
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: Nations

Trackmania freezing at "Please Wait..." screen

Post by Akingboy » 24 Dec 2007 12:51

First when I installed TM:N it ran fine. Second time I played it froze at the first "Please wait..." screen. Third time I played (yesterday) it worked fine all day. Today it is freezing again. My friend has this problem also but he gets freezing all the time. He never gets into the game.

Yes there is similar topics and pretty many but NONE of them has the answer. I have searched.
Me and my friend (and many many other people I think) are getting tired of this! We can't play the game because of this freezing.

It seems that it sometimes goes away and then comes back. Some other people have this, not just me.
I'm pretty sure its not about firewall because my firewall just allows every single program without asking and others have allowed firewalls too.
I'm not sure but it might be geforce problem. I and my friend have geforces (me 7600GS he has 8800GS + Newest official drivers) and I remember someone else having geforce grafics card.
This doesn't only happen in Nations it happens in the other TM's too
Reinstalling the game or updating grafic card drivers didn't help.

Here some other posts I found but NONE of them had answer. I tried everything in those were. (First 2 pages)
We who have that problem would like to know how to fix this!

I have:
Intel Pentium 4 - 2.4ghz
Nvidia Geforce 7600GS
1GB ram
(+ old shitty motherboard and processor)
Windows XP

Updated drivers!
DirectX is working properly!

My friend has a brand new and great computer that runs newest games with highest grafics.

I will get new awesome computer later today (present) and will try on it if this happens then.

"Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !"
-Great! And that is...?

Moonfighter
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

Re: Trackmania freezing at "Please Wait..." screen

Post by Moonfighter » 25 Dec 2007 13:45

I have the same problem with trackmania United. Worked fine after I installed it but one day forwards started to freeze every time. Pisses me off, it was a good game.

zZGurraZz
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by zZGurraZz » 25 Dec 2007 22:59

You can add:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10241&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I just did a full format C on my computer and the game still doesn't run! It just get stuck at "Please Wait" screen. And it isn't a nvidia problem only, my friend has the same problem and he got a ATI HD2400, while I'm running on a 7800GTX.

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 26 Dec 2007 04:53

Having the latest drivers just might be your problem....do you have Open GL? I actually do not, nor do I have the current drivers on my PC for my card...I just have what came with it out of the box. And, so far, though I can't crank the graphics up very far, I have experienced no problems with it whatsoever.
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

Moonfighter
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Moonfighter » 28 Dec 2007 19:27

Are we going to get promised solutions or even replies from anybody who can help? I'm considering returning the game to store.

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: all
Manialink(s): racemaniac

Post by Racemaniac » 29 Dec 2007 09:25

it's very hard to say with sucj intermittent errors....
well, as said, maybe try a slightly older driver, maybe it's issues with the most recent driver(s).
you can also wait a bit untill the forever patch, it should be a big update, it may also solve this...
it's just hard to say with such errors, they're all but common, and there's rarely a clear cause...
as much as the trackmanias may rule, carmageddon 1 & 2 are still the best games ever :D

Moonfighter
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Moonfighter » 29 Dec 2007 17:57

I've noticed that when it freezes to please wait it doesn't give the notice that its checking internet connection and something about Peer to Peer things. The problem might be about internet and stuff, I don't know the fancy terms.

sham
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMS

Post by sham » 18 Apr 2008 21:28

:lovetm ... when it's not making me wait for infinite time :roflol:

Windows XP Pro SP2
Pentium D 3.4Ghz
2Gigs RAM
NVidia GeForce 7300 GS (512 MB)
DirectX 9.0c (March 2008)

TMS used to work fine on this machine but suddenly it started giving me the lovely "Please Wait..." freeze. I have been searching and searching but have also found no solution. Also tried TMNations and recently TMNationsForever, but still no luck. :cry:

Tried many things to solve this problem, one thing i haven't done is rollback the Graphics Card drivers. I guess it could have stopped working after a driver update, I wouldn't really remember though. So I may have to give that a try, though it won't be a permanent solution as I don't really want to use backdated drivers.

TMS used to work without any problems on the old 2Ghz comp which had a GeForce 4 Ti 4600, that was some years ago.

TMNations works good on a Vista laptop which has a NVidia (don't remember what type) with 128MB.

I was thinking of buying the latest TM as well, but i guess that plan is out the window. :shock:
Trackmania freezing at "Please Wait..." screen -- NOT Solved!
Windows XP Pro SP2, Pentium D 3.4Ghz, 2Gigs RAM, NVidia GeForce 7300 GS (512 MB), DirectX 9.0c (March 2008)
HELP!!?#

zZGurraZz
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by zZGurraZz » 18 Apr 2008 22:22

Quite strange though, I got TMNF working again by reinstalling it(didn't work for the original). It managed to start one time but the second time it just froze once again at the "Please Wait" screen. The reinstall fix worked two times, but not anymore..

No way I will ever dare to buy Nadeo products since this problem has been around for ages with no fix.

sham
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMS

Post by sham » 19 Apr 2008 15:13

NVidia GeForce 7300 GS --- Just tried drivers from November 2006 and May 2007, even tried the latest Beta drivers, no success. One thing has changed, i am now unable to launch the game from the TM Launcher lol. Not a big problem, i wouldn't even mind it if the game would just work.

I also updated the .net framework to 3.5, i'm sure you can all guess how much that helped the issue. Maybe taking it back to 1.1 will help, but i won't be doing that. No i don't even know why i think changing the .net framework would help, i just don't know what else to do.

I'm in the mood of giving up, for now at least.

*Update* -- Decided to uninstall TMNF and remove all registry entries to do with Nadeo/TM, and then reinstall TMNF. Still no luck.
Trackmania freezing at "Please Wait..." screen -- NOT Solved!
Windows XP Pro SP2, Pentium D 3.4Ghz, 2Gigs RAM, NVidia GeForce 7300 GS (512 MB), DirectX 9.0c (March 2008)
HELP!!?#

Felix Kaiser
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMU, TMF, TMN

Post by Felix Kaiser » 15 Jun 2008 10:52

I found a partial solution to this that works for me. It only lets you play offline, though. See viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16442 .

stenyg
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF

Post by stenyg » 15 Jun 2008 19:42

When i started reading this thread i had the same problem.

And now i found a walk-around for it that also enables Internet Play.

As people wrote it might have something to do with Internet.

So i removed TMNF from my computers firewall (F-secure internet security 2008) list as known programs.

The next time i started. i pressed the play
When the dialoge for internet play popped up, i Accepted internetaccess for one time only.

Now im out driving on the net again:)

Linkert
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TmN TmNF

Post by Linkert » 11 Aug 2008 17:25

Cpu: Intel Pentium 4, 2.4 ghz.
Ram: 1 gb.
Gfx card: Ati Radeon x1600, 256 mb, fully updated drivers.

It freezes after a few seconds after getting to the "create new acc or login with existing menu". After it freezes i have to reboot via the deathswich on the computer.
WTH?!

I have tried following:
* Crappyest graphicssettings in window mode 640x480.
* Tuned off all unneccesary processes and firewalls.

This is pissing me off.. I love trackmania as i have spent many, many hours on the non-forever tm nations.

It's like a woman with the perfect body but fugly face, it sucks!

Boju
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by Boju » 16 Aug 2008 01:40

hey dudes. Sorry for the incovenience's you guys are experiencing, i feel your pain.

I had a similar experience sometime ago and in my case, it was the firewall so it was removed completely(since ive got a decent enough router, i feel i dont really needed one installed anyway) and still to this day im playing trackmania without a problem.

It didnt mater which revisions of drivers i had, trackmania ran fine. But PC specs as of this moment;

p4 3ghz
2gigz ram
XP pro 32bit with all updates
7600gs AGP and audigy2 with latest drivers

Have you guys tried ridding of the firewall alltogether?

Remember when you first load up trackmania, the very first thing the game will do is try connect to the internet.

good luck.

somebody800
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by somebody800 » 06 Nov 2010 13:18

I have the same problem. I also have the latest drivers, tried shutting firewall down, re-installed it 4 times, rebooting my PC... Still no good anwser! Help us desperate players out!