Serial number entered has not been found on the server...

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

bishman82
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Serial number entered has not been found on the server...

Post by bishman82 » 03 Jan 2008 15:49

Hi, i downloaded TMU ages ago from Gamersgate.com, they have their own downloader software just like 'Steam' and 'EA downloader'. Played the game for months before my hard drive started crashing so i got a new one. Decided to log in to my gamersgate account today, downloaded TMU and copy/pasted the serial from the downloader to the activation window when you try to start the game up but i get this:

ERROR
Activation denied by server. The serial number entered has not been found in the server's database. Make sure the serial number is not mistyped etc....

There are 2 different numbers one is like XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXX and the other one like XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX

Any ideas? I'm installing on the same machine as it was originally installed on, do i have to request a new key or something? How do i reactivate?

Thanks

bishman82
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Re: Serial number entered has not been found on the server...

Post by bishman82 » 03 Jan 2008 16:28

Just tried activating manually and it takes me to a website asking for my hardware code and my serial number so now i have 3 different codes, all different lengths :roll: , I put in the 'hardware code' in the correct box, i'm not sure which one of the other 2 is the 'serial number' or which one is the 'activation code' so i try the first one:
Attention! The Serial Number entered has not been found in the server's database. Make sure the Serial Number is not mistyped and try again.
Ok then, i'll try the other one, this time i get:
Attention! The number of activations allowed by this Serial Number has been exceeded. It cannot be used for activation any longer.
Hmmm, i don't remember activating it more than once, maybe it's because i've not 'deactivated' my 'activated' key, so i try and fill out the deactivation form...
The Hardware Code specified is not intended for deactivation of the application. This code is to be used for activation. Obtain a new code following the instructions of the deactivation procedure and try again.

But i thought this was where i'm supposed to deactivate my code???

Then it was followed by this:
Obtain a Deactivation Code to be able to activate the product using the same Serial Number without loss of one activation possibility of this Serial Number. In general, the Deactivation Code is intended for transfer of the product license to another person or computer. In order to obtain the code, you will need a Serial Number for the product and a Hardware Code generated during its deactivation. If you have any questions, please, contact the product technical support.
So now i have all these windows open with serial numbers, activation codes, hardware codes, instructions telling me i need a deactivation code before i can activate my activation code, but i can't see where i'm supposed to get that...

Is all this stuff really necessary? I play all sorts of other online games and they lock the serial number to your username and thats it. I can imagine people with less patience than me just uninstalling and not buying any more products from these guys :(

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TM,TMS,TMUF,TMDS,TMT
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 03 Jan 2008 17:35

Well, if you don't like the system just don't buy from that publisher I guess. There are other publishers with much better deals. I've never even heard of this one before, really...

bishman82
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by bishman82 » 03 Jan 2008 23:12

I wouldn't of used them if i knew this was gonna happen! I guess i shouldn't have been impatient buying a download and should of waited for a boxed version to be delivered.

I'm just annoyed that i have to chase up the download site (who still must be on holiday :wink: ) And send them emails asking them very nicely for permission to play my own games.

Drake1009
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Drake1009 » 05 Jan 2008 08:47

I would try contacting their support as the system you are having problem seems to be part of the activation by GamersGate. Might get some help that way?

bishman82
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by bishman82 » 05 Jan 2008 21:22

Yeah that was the first thing i did but they haven't replied.

veepee78
pedestrian
pedestrian

Serial number entered has not been found on the server... :e

Post by veepee78 » 19 Jan 2008 15:44

Hi, exactly same problem. Mailed support for new activation key, but there's no answer. This kind of protection sucks big time, I'm starting to feel that I want my money back... :evil:

Though game is great, it would be nice to be able to play it.
FinMania