Trackmania no longer starts

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Jagou
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: Trackmania

Trackmania no longer starts

Post by Jagou » 06 Jan 2008 21:45

I installed the game from the disc and ran it and ignored the update button... Played the game for a little while. Decided to hook up a j-stick and grab the update.

After downloading and installing the update, the game now asks me for a key. I have never had a key and don't, never had, a manual, as far as I know. I do have the orginal box, jewel case and of course the CD itself.

If anyone knows of something I can try to get this resolved please let me know.

Thanks. :)

Jagou
highway camper
highway camper

Re: Trackmania no longer starts

Post by Jagou » 06 Jan 2008 23:00

reinstalled, still the same. I can run the storebought game no problem but if I update it wants a key. Seems odd.

I found a thread here that says that the key is on the manual. I don't believe I ever had a manual. The same post refers to a Trackmania original....my version does not say "original" until AFTER the update.

I have a red box but it's date is 2004 not 2003. Not sure if that matters but I'd like to establish if there was a manual/key in the version I own and if I can't locate the manual what can I do ?

Jagou
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Jagou » 07 Jan 2008 22:38

Are there no official people from Nadeo here ? Moderator ? Anyone ?

I feel like I have a legitimate question and getting no answers at all.

Very specifically, were there or are there versions of Trackmania, that did NOT come with a "key" ?

I believe that there certainly are, my copy has no manual and does NOT ask for a key unless I run the update.

What's the deal ?

Drake1009
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Drake1009 » 08 Jan 2008 17:13

Just wondering where you bought the game? Might help figure out which publisher released the game.

It ought to have come with at least one key, the key to create an online account with. The key it asks for is likely the trackmania disc key which was required on some versions. Also starforce would allow you to input a key if it couldn't validate the CD for some reason. If you have multiple CD drives, try putting the disc in the other drive to see if that works better with the protection.