Help, TMNF/TMUF runs much worse than TMN/TMU!

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

zanic
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Re: Help, TMNF/TMUF runs much worse than TMN/TMU!

Post by zanic » 01 May 2008 01:33

Is there a webpage or manual of "TM Nations Forever" config settings? I've done a "bench" with the "current" graphic setting and only got 19 fps. I want to tweak the settings more but I don't know what some of the setting mean or do.

lucia910
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: United

Post by lucia910 » 02 May 2008 12:32

bambinoh wrote:
Canistel wrote:At my pc it runs much worser than TMN,

Not lagging online or something like that. I have 60 fps online. But the BIGGEST problem is, if i want to write a message it is going to hang. Offline in the editor is it very slow, if i press escape everything freeze for about 10 seconds. I have updated my videocard drivers, thats not the problem. It's only with the menu's in the editor and online play... If i am online and i press escape it's also freezing. And its not te specifications, on low 640*480 is it still giving problems. Who can help me to fix this?

In TMN there is no problem at all
I have the same problem on almost every menu :s. The races themselves go fine, but whenever I have to skip the replay to restart, it takes long and everything temporarely freezes. Same happens with some ingame menu's online :(.

It's very annoying and makes the game almost un-playable :P. Has a solution been found yet?

I have a Windows Vista system, Home edition. 3Gig RAM, Nvidea 8400GS 256MB, 2.2Ghz dual-core
I have the same pc and i have the same problem. It coul be the windows vista?? I played very well to TMU...

thanks

CraxX
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS

Post by CraxX » 03 May 2008 09:16

Okey my friend has a big problem ,too.

TMNF laggs like hell. You can set the settings to minimal or even worst then that but it laggs. Even the menu (with the earth) is slowed down. If you press a button like ``solo-mode´´ it needs nearly 2 sec to ``activate´´ the button.

The PC he has got was my one before and i had no problems with TMU and TMN. I could play with highest settings and it works perfectly. So we installed TMU and TMN on his PC again. And....it works. You can set to maximum and play with anti-analysing --> no problem.

Bizarrely he hadnt this problem 2 weeks ago (at the release of TMNF). He could play it with great graphic and it was no problem. but then from one day to the other it didnt work. I thought that he maybe deinstalled something cuz he isnt that practiced with PC :P and so i set the system in the status it was 3 weeks ago with the help of a recovery point (omg hope you know what i mean...my english is crappy). But --> same problem. We also deinstalled TMNF and reinstalled it again --> same problem.

I dont know what else i should do...please HELP ME!!! ^^

Ahhh k forgot the system information:

~GeForce 6600GT (AGP)

~Intel D 2.8 Ghz

~1 GBRam

~Windows XP (prof i think)

~MSI-board

coolmike.ankit
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by coolmike.ankit » 03 May 2008 09:29

my game doesnt start at all it says 3dx.dll missing!!!!
man ive like downloaded it 4 times in a row still even updated my drivers !!!! i hav a geforce 6200 LE 512 mb card 2 gb ram
XP .....
heeeeeeeeelllllllllllllppppppppppp
i need it !!!!!!! :pil
As H@ Rd

Leak
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU

Post by Leak » 03 May 2008 10:32

coolmike.ankit wrote:my game doesnt start at all it says 3dx.dll missing!!!!
man ive like downloaded it 4 times in a row still even updated my drivers !!!! i hav a geforce 6200 LE 512 mb card 2 gb ram
XP .....
heeeeeeeeelllllllllllllppppppppppp
i need it !!!!!!! :pil
You do know that your post makes you look like a total dork, right? :roll:

Anyway, install the latest DirectX release and it should work.

np: Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts IV (Ghosts I-IV)
"I'm not anti-anything, I'm anti-everything, it fits better." - Sole

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450, 2x ATI Radeon 4850 512MB, Creative Soundbastler X-Fi Platinum, 2GB RAM, XBox 360 Controller

fatohhhh
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TmUF

Post by fatohhhh » 04 May 2008 13:59

I downloaded Trackmania Nations Forever , Install this! and when i want save my settings he write@@@ cannot write config settings <null>@@@ what i'm need to do i can't play!When i login in game he exit from game!!!!

bambinoh
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by bambinoh » 05 May 2008 16:13

CraxX wrote:Okey my friend has a big problem ,too.

TMNF laggs like hell. You can set the settings to minimal or even worst then that but it laggs. Even the menu (with the earth) is slowed down. If you press a button like ``solo-mode´´ it needs nearly 2 sec to ``activate´´ the button.

The PC he has got was my one before and i had no problems with TMU and TMN. I could play with highest settings and it works perfectly. So we installed TMU and TMN on his PC again. And....it works. You can set to maximum and play with anti-analysing --> no problem.

Bizarrely he hadnt this problem 2 weeks ago (at the release of TMNF). He could play it with great graphic and it was no problem. but then from one day to the other it didnt work. I thought that he maybe deinstalled something cuz he isnt that practiced with PC :P and so i set the system in the status it was 3 weeks ago with the help of a recovery point (omg hope you know what i mean...my english is crappy). But --> same problem. We also deinstalled TMNF and reinstalled it again --> same problem.

I dont know what else i should do...please HELP ME!!! ^^

Ahhh k forgot the system information:

~GeForce 6600GT (AGP)

~Intel D 2.8 Ghz

~1 GBRam

~Windows XP (prof i think)

~MSI-board
Yep I got that to. Still no solution offered :/. Can we send in a mail to customer support or something?

poape
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: tmn, tmnf

Post by poape » 17 May 2008 17:37

lucia910 wrote:
bambinoh wrote:

Not lagging online or something like that. I have 60 fps online. But the BIGGEST problem is, if i want to write a message it is going to hang. Offline in the editor is it very slow, if i press escape everything freeze for about 10 seconds. I have updated my videocard drivers, thats not the problem. It's only with the menu's in the editor and online play... If i am online and i press escape it's also freezing. And its not te specifications, on low 640*480 is it still giving problems. Who can help me to fix this?

I have the same problem on almost every menu :s. The races themselves go fine, but whenever I have to skip the replay to restart, it takes long and everything temporarely freezes. Same happens with some ingame menu's online :(.

It's very annoying and makes the game almost un-playable :P. Has a solution been found yet?

I have a Windows Vista system, Home edition. 3Gig RAM, Nvidea 8400GS 256MB, 2.2Ghz dual-core
I have the same pc and i have the same problem. It coul be the windows vista?? I played very well to TMU...

thanks
hi, have exactly the same prob on my laptop. game is fine but if you want to write a text the game freezes for 10 secs...

my specs:

dual core2 2.0Ghz
3Gb ram
Nvidia 8600m gs 512mb
vista home premium

its a freaking problem that's making me mad :?

lucia910
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: United

Post by lucia910 » 26 May 2008 09:41

I have the solution:

Do ctrl + alt + supr and in process, find "qpservice.exe" and click on "end process".

Now my game goes perfectly. including the menus. :lol:

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)

Post by Mac Matrix » 04 Jun 2008 15:42

I don't have that process running.

The way Trackmania Forever handles CPU time is to say the least very awkward. . . and annoying. I'm still attempting to figure out why my computer lags. The CPU is an AMD Althon x64 3500+ @ 2.2Ghz, but overclocked to 2.4 Ghz when I play the game, and on any large server online I get randomly something between 10 seconds to two minutes of 'hanging' at the loading screen.

I've never once loaded the game quick enough on any Rounds server to catch the start of the Warmup lap. And sometimes I miss it entirely and get a weird bug where the game won't register me passing through CPs for the first round.

My laptop has the same issue but it's a dual-core T5500 so it's not too bad.

And please do not preach to me about other processes. My PC runs at most 28 processes - system processes that I can't end, my antivirus, firewall, media player classic and TMForever.

So what's the deal with the CPU lag?

____

Also this may sound strange but my laptop is incredibly spazzy when it comes to playing the game. I once watched the in-game fps counter and the little graph kept randomly spiking between 30 fps and 10 fps. TMN runs at a constant 45 fps with the same game settings, with no spikes.

I have a theory that TMF's CPU useage is a lot more sensitive to other processes than TMN and TMU. Because if I set the game process to High the game stops doing this weird fps spiking / spamming.

I recorded it on my phone, I'll post it as soon as I find a decoder for AMR video codec format. ><
System Specs

AMD Phenon 9950 @ 2.85 Ghz
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 mobo
250GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GTX275 Super Overclock Edition
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Mac Matrix: Author of the TMN Neon Craze

glaucobacchi
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: tmuf

Post by glaucobacchi » 23 Jun 2008 18:20

There is a fix patch out for TMUF which may help.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16357

thebigguyconnor
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMN TMU TMNF TMUF
Manialink(s): uns

Post by thebigguyconnor » 26 Jun 2008 00:44

bambinoh wrote:

ABSOLUTELY MAN!!!!! I have the Exact same problem - and the funny thing is - I think it has something to do with the nVidea card - I have the exact same card - and I like it but there's like this huge lag whenever you're clicking on menus and stuff. I made a topic with regards to this: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16646 please visit it and reply. Has somebody contacted nVidea about this problem? Please help!!!!!

thebigguyconnor
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMN TMU TMNF TMUF
Manialink(s): uns

Post by thebigguyconnor » 26 Jun 2008 02:07

lucia910 wrote:I have the solution:

Do ctrl + alt + supr and in process, find "qpservice.exe" and click on "end process".

Now my game goes perfectly. including the menus. :lol:
Beautiful! That's for HP people - because qpservice.exe is HP Quickplay's service. Brilliant!!! They were conflicting with eachother. I guess you can't have it all.

dexsk
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF/TMUF

Post by dexsk » 27 Jun 2008 09:17

Hi people, would like to know why TMUF lags on following config, guess you have brutal HW reqs for that game to look nice and run fast.
Athlon x2 4000+ overclock to 2310MHz
2GB DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz
Radeon HD3870 512MB DDR4
Res 1024x768x32bit
Anisotropic 4x
FSAA Off
Postprocess FX
Fps is around 15-20 on bench, real playing is even slower.

;o) will be glad for a quick answer

Dex.

Canistel
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: Nations / Forever

Post by Canistel » 27 Jun 2008 17:59

Do you have the G15 of logitech?