Hacked?

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

kuthu
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Hacked?

Post by kuthu » 01 May 2008 22:17

After installing TMNF, using my junk email and my junk password and having some fun with it, about 2 hours later, I was told by my brother that my junk e-mail was hacked (My junk e-mail used the same junk password).

I logged in to my junk email over at hotmail and saw that it was indeed hacked, all of my mail messages were deleted, and I saw that it had sent emails out to the 5~ people that were automatically added to my contacts. Not a huge deal, but I feel a bit violated.

The e-mails were something about buying shoes.

I'm not blaming TMNF, but it's an odd coincidence. So I was wondering if anyone else had this happen to them? I tried searching the forums, to no avail. I played the old TMN all the time with no problem like this. I have confirmed I do not have a keylogger, or any other 3rd party software on my computer running without me knowing. Especially since all of my other accounts, for e-mail and games are perfectly fine.

So, anyone? Or am I just this unlucky.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, that the time stamp on the e-mails were AFTER I signed up for TMNF, if this is all just one huge coincidence, I'm terribly sorry for bringing this up.

jedimario
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF

Re: Hacked?

Post by jedimario » 02 May 2008 03:56

I've never had any problems of the sort, I've had TMNF since it came out. Sounds like a coincidence.

AstroGlider
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMF, TMU, TMS, TMI?

Re: Hacked?

Post by AstroGlider » 02 May 2008 04:14

Says something about password security.. Here's some required reading for many people:

http://www.microsoft.com/protect/yourse ... reate.mspx