Custom Stickers

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Pr1m3
pedestrian
pedestrian

Custom Stickers

Post by Pr1m3 » 04 Feb 2006 16:52

Hi there, I'm trying to make some custom stickers, any idea how to get them to show in the list? When I look at the preset ones in the folders they all have a .tga for the sticker and a .dds... Any ideas? thanks :D

Crusard

Post by Crusard » 04 Feb 2006 16:56

The Icon.dds file is the icon shown on the toolbar. Photoshop can save dds's with a certain plugin. As for the sticker.tga, that's the sticker itself. You need to make a tga with transparency (alpha channel) for the sticker to look right.
I could make you some stickers from any image if you want. Just let me know. :)

Pr1m3
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Pr1m3 » 04 Feb 2006 17:02

I saved a Cobra render from BF2 in the folder, i'll recheck to make sure alpha channel is on, thanks :)
Any idea where I can get the plugin? Or which one?

Pr1m3
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Pr1m3 » 04 Feb 2006 17:20

Ok, I have the files saved the exact same way as the preset ones are but it still doesnt show up...

Crusard

Post by Crusard » 04 Feb 2006 21:53

Well, just to make sure, check if the path is correct. The two files should be something like

TrackMania Nations\GameData\Painter\Stickers\BF2Cobra\Sticker.tga
TrackMania Nations\GameData\Painter\Stickers\BF2Cobra\Icon.tga

Both files need to be there in order for it to work.
You can get the DDS plugin from the nVidia site (http://developer.nvidia.com/object/nv_t ... tools.html)

If all still doesn't work, then there must be something wrong with the files themselves. Make sure you save them in the correct format with the correct properties.

Crusard

Post by Crusard » 04 Feb 2006 21:59

PM sent :D
That should work...

Pr1m3
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Pr1m3 » 05 Feb 2006 15:36

Thanks

narpas_sword
highway camper
highway camper

Post by narpas_sword » 07 Feb 2006 05:48

Hey, would it be possible to get a couple of stickers made?

also is it possible to make brushes?

Mikemc
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMO, TMDS

Post by Mikemc » 07 Feb 2006 13:39

The program I use for .dds is "dxtbmp". I also found a Windows patch-thing that allows previews in Windows.

- Mike

Crusard

Post by Crusard » 07 Feb 2006 17:21

Yes I've plugins for Ifranview (I use it to view all sorts of images quickly) and photoshop (nvidia plugin).
I've been having problems with transparency, though, and I can't get Brushes to work...

Swift
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Swift » 08 Feb 2006 09:25

can anyone make some for me i'll send the pictures in tga. form or maybe jpg and you can convert them sence jpg is a lot smaller

NGcs
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: All

Post by NGcs » 08 Feb 2006 14:51

Swift wrote:can anyone make some for me i'll send the pictures in tga. form or maybe jpg and you can convert them sence jpg is a lot smaller
i can make stickers
NGcs,
TM Hungary
TM Carpark

Crusard

Post by Crusard » 08 Feb 2006 16:00

Again, I'll gladly make any stickers you need. Just give me the files (preferably in good format such as tga) and any especifications or modifications I should make. If you don't have images, just tell me what you want your sticker to be and I'll find my way to make it :)

greenphotos
highway camper
highway camper

Post by greenphotos » 09 Feb 2006 12:54

Hi - I'm new here, and new to the game but I really think I will be getting into it a lot more...

We are going to be having a tournament at work, and I really would like the logo on my car. The photos is here:
Logo JPG: Here

Could someone convert it so I can add it onto my car - pleeeeease :( - I wish I could do it, I know quite a lot about Photoshop, but don't have the plug in or any experience with this game.

THANK YOU :D :D :D :D :D

Mark Green
:mrgreen:

Crusard

Post by Crusard » 09 Feb 2006 15:30

lol, you have the same name as a character in Warner's ER series...
Anyway, here's your sticker: http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/rebel ... Global.zip

Just unzip it to your "\TrackMania Nations\GameData\Painter\Stickers" directory.
I kept it the original, but if you want you can add any effect like shadow and such in photoshop and then save the file again. 8)