TMNF freezing when saving track

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

multikake
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

TMNF freezing when saving track

Post by multikake » 07 Dec 2008 11:21

So, my problem is that almost every time when I try to save a track I created TMNF will freeze on the "Track saved" message. I can move my mouse a few seconds but then the whole computer stops responding to anything and only solution is to reset it. This is very annoying as I can't create any tracks. I have tried fiddling with settings and using safe mode but it won't make a difference.

Everything else works perfectly and there's no problems in any other game

Specs (though I highly doubt the problem is with these):
AMD Athlon x2 3800+@2,6ghz
nVidia GeForce 7800GTX
4x512mb ddr400 ram
550w PSU

ShadowTet19
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Re: TMNF freezing when saving track

Post by ShadowTet19 » 07 Dec 2008 17:10

Have you tried simply uninstalling and reinstalling?
The ability to quote is a servicable substitute for wit - Somerset Maugham

multikake
highway camper
highway camper

Post by multikake » 07 Dec 2008 18:11

Oh yes I had, just forgot to say it in the first post...

zzzyzygy
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by zzzyzygy » 07 Dec 2008 20:48

I am having the same problem. It happens if I click any two buttons in quick succession at the bottom of the track validation screen or any of the sequence of buttons that appear when saving a track in the editor. I can recreate the problem at will. If I take my time between button clicks it doesn't happen.

It has been occurring more frequently over time. Which makes me wonder if there has been a buggy patch (I never know what Steam has done to my games) or if there is a problem associated with having a greater number of cache files somewhere.

The problem is severe because Windows loses its mind whenever a full-screen application locks up, so you can't get to the task manager and a system shutdown is the only way out. It's particularly annoying because I run a dedicated TM server on the same PC which gets shutdown without warning by the restart. Running TM in a window allows access to the task manager so the application can be terminated, but that is only an inconvenient work around.

multikake
highway camper
highway camper

Post by multikake » 08 Dec 2008 14:57

Thanks for the info zzzyzygy, but waiting didn't help for my problem :? also I have occurred no problems for anything else than when saving the track. I couldn't get TMNF to freeze when pressing buttons in track validation screen. I waited for about a minute between the two clicks in the saving thing but it really didn't make any difference :(. How long have you been waiting to be able save without a problem?

zzzyzygy
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by zzzyzygy » 09 Dec 2008 01:09

Oh, I have to be pretty amped up and clicking like a madman. :gobananas: If I wait just a second or two, there is no problem.

multikake
highway camper
highway camper

Post by multikake » 09 Dec 2008 12:31

Yeah :) but now I noticed that when I wait a bit longer time, the track will save almost perfectly. It only misses the picture which you can see when choosing track etc. So, I can work round the problem by using windowed mode and then waiting a bit when saving. :wink: Hopefully Nadeo will fix the bug in following patches.