Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1466
- Joined: 23 May 2007 07:20
- Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
- Location: Venray
are you using mcafee?!
source:The error message 12152 comes from the Windows Internet (WinINet) application programming interface (API) and describes HTTP protocol status:
The server response could not be parsed.
The 12152 error is a non-specific error message which indicates a connectivity issue preventing McAfee products from being able to download.
Occasionally, this type of error can be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the program.
However, most of the time this problem is caused by
• the network connection instability
• server and/or database maintenance
• internal Windows issues
• firewalls, routers, pop-up blockers, ……
It is not so easy to hit the right nail on the head. Nevertheless, there are some tips how to improve the quality of your internet connection:
1. On the computer that is receiving the 12152 error, test your internet connection outside the McAfee environment.
2. Disable your firewall temporarily to see if that is what is causing the problem.
3. Flush the local DNS cache in your computer. To do this simply enter:
ipconfig /flushdns in a command prompt.
You will see the following confirmation:
Windows IP Configuration
Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache
Flushing DNS cache is an easy fix to many of connectivity problems.
4. Refresh your Windows user profile. Create a new account and, subsequently, a new user profile. You will then copy your old user profile in its entirety to the new account. While this may sound like an operation that will simply replicate the problem over to the new account, it does indeed revive the user profile on occasion.
5. The modem driver or modem firmware version may have impact on your connection reliability. Try to upgrade them and/or check their compatibility with McAfee products. Respectively disable software promising speed up your existing internet connections, if you use any.
Code: Select all
tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!