How to change password of Server-login?

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Scordo
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU

How to change password of Server-login?

Post by Scordo » 25 May 2009 15:01

Hello,

I have a server running. For security reasons I want to change the password of the server-login. When I try to login with the server login using TMNF or TMUF the game is telling me:

Invalid Packmask

Is there any other way to change the password of the server-account? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Debuggers don't remove bugs, they only show them in slow motion

>> Help me and contribute to: TMSPS <<

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Re: How to change password of Server-login?

Post by =THC=Flash » 25 May 2009 16:33

Maybe this post belongs to the Technical Support section? :roll:

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 25 May 2009 17:06

Invalid Packmask

tells not about the serverlogin password.

packmask should be:
Defines the packmask of the server. Can be 'United', 'Nations', 'Sunrise', 'Original', or any of the environment names. (Only challenges matching the packmask will be allowed on the server, so that player connecting to it know what to expect.) Only available when the server is stopped. Only available to Admin.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by lille79 » 26 May 2009 08:21

Well, I think I have a more precise answer to your question. If you have made a server-login via the Player-page, you should be able to change the password from there :)

Just login to your player page -> Dedicated servers -> TMUF-key -> press edit beside the server you want to change password -> type in new password -> update
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: all
Manialink(s): racemaniac

Post by Racemaniac » 26 May 2009 08:22

lol willa, he's saying he's trying to login with a server login into the game, and then you'll get that error indeed, since those accounts are only for serving, not for loading them in the game.

how to change the password, i assume you just do it with the site where you made the account. either it has an opton to change the password, and then use it, and if it doesn't, just delete the account and remake it with the right password?
as much as the trackmanias may rule, carmageddon 1 & 2 are still the best games ever :D

Scordo
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Scordo » 26 May 2009 23:58

lille79 wrote:Well, I think I have a more precise answer to your question. If you have made a server-login via the Player-page, you should be able to change the password from there :)

Just login to your player page -> Dedicated servers -> TMUF-key -> press edit beside the server you want to change password -> type in new password -> update
Thank you!
Debuggers don't remove bugs, they only show them in slow motion

>> Help me and contribute to: TMSPS <<