Search is useless...so asking here

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

PeddleToMetal
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: Trackmania United FE

Search is useless...so asking here

Post by PeddleToMetal » 14 Jul 2009 12:31

I'm interested in purchasing TM United, but I need the answer to one question.

I try to search for ant here and constantly tells me 'to many results'

Can you validate a track you made in the demo?
I have already done the 'make sure you got to all check points'

But no matter what I do, when I click 'Validate' its states "Must state start position"
How do I do this? I have put what I assume is a start position (A checkpoint with an arrow in it)

I also hope the bought version doesn't constantly crash on Windows XP Professional (Geforce 8800GT TOP with current drivers)

--

Drake1009
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Re: Search is useless...so asking here

Post by Drake1009 » 14 Jul 2009 16:18

There are special start and ending points, ones with green and red arrows in them, these are start and ending points. I'm not quite sure what the multilap checkpoints look like in the editor.

As for the crashing, I've never experienced any crashing on my XP desktop, neither the one with a 6800gt or the one with a 9800gtx in them. It could however be caused by too much heat maybe? Trackmania really seems to go hard on the processor. My old computer had some heat issues with the stock cooler, would run demanding games without getting too uncomfortable, but for some reason 5 minutes of playing Trackmania on a warm day was enough to set my overheating alert going. Some desktops get unstable when getting warm. Just my 5 eurocent

PeddleToMetal
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: Trackmania United FE

Post by PeddleToMetal » 14 Jul 2009 22:43

I have only seen track pieces with a 'green' arrow but not a red one, will look again.. maybe the DEMO isn't meant to let you 'validate'?

As for crashing, its only once in a while and always the blue screen and a system reboot, and only when selecting something from a menu.

Thanks

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by lille79 » 14 Jul 2009 23:47

Do you mean Trackmania Nations Forever? Dont know anything about a Demo of Trackmania...
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.