TMUF Desn't start up! NEED HELP!

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

rhp07
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

TMUF Desn't start up! NEED HELP!

Post by rhp07 » 23 Mar 2010 09:56

Hello, i have installed TMUF on my laptop pc (Pentimum Centrino Duo, 2GB RAM, Nvidia 8400M)[Windows SEVEN] and it worked perfect (Nice game, nice GFX, nice Physics).

It worked perfect for 6 months.. after that i had many things to do and i haven't played TMUF more until 3 months later...
then it happened.. after that 3 months TMUF stopped working.. Only the "Launcher" works, but when I click "Play".. "TmForever.exe" loads into memory (I can find it in the task manager) and stucks after loading +- 5Megas and it stays there.. it doesn't close.. but nothing happens too.

I have tryed many things.. I have reinstalled the game.. uninstalled it completely and reintalled again.. but the same.
Then I tryed to install TMNF... and it stucks too and doesnt start!..

I think it can be something whith Starforce.. but I have heard that Starforce has been disabled in the "Forever Series"

Maybe it has something to see whith some windows services.. the past month I have disabled some unused services that I don't use.. (but that where some of the services I have installed and no app was using it.. maybe I have disabled a TMUF service by mistake.. )
Somebody can say me what services are needed to run TMUF correctly??

DX is installed correctly and I have the latest Nvidia drivers installed. Somebody can help!? Thx

P.D: There is no log file generated, neighter an error message! So I can't track where's the problem.

FocusTechSupport
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: All TrackMania games

Re: TMUF Desn't start up! NEED HELP!

Post by FocusTechSupport » 23 Mar 2010 11:54

A computer diagnosis is necessary:

1. Click Windows Start button or press Windows and R keys.
2. Type MSINFO32 in the Search bar (bottom left) or in the Open box and press Enter key.
3. Click File then Export.
4. Enter a file name and click Save button.
5. Save the text file somewhere convenient like the Desktop (you have to be able to find it).

Send the report to support@tm-united.com

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 24 Mar 2010 05:05

Starforce is nonexistent in TMF... damn shame too, they just let the cheaters go crazy.

Does the game window not show at all? Or is it stuck blank, or at 'please waiting'?

I can't think of any required services for TMF (games don't typically install their own), besides the basic services that are necessary for normal system use. What did you use as the basis for determining whether a service should be disabled? Blackviper's guide is the de-facto source for this type of info, but is far from complete in terms of what the services are actually required for. Really, there's no reason to disable any services (besides for security, like the messenger, remote desktop, and remote registry services) -- it's not a tweak, it doesn't save that much memory, and it only causes problems for inexperienced users who'll end up having to figure out which disabled service is keeping their software from working.

Chances are, if you thought some tweak guides could help get some performance boost, who knows what setting you could have changed that's making TMF inoperable. Simply -- there's no such thing as a performance tweak! Leave things you don't understand well enough alone, and these problems tend not to pop up.

rhp07
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by rhp07 » 25 Mar 2010 05:40

Hi, i'm not sure if it has to see something whith the services.. but it's the only thing that I've touched in the 3 months of nousing trackmania. I haven't disabled many services.. only services like "httpd service" from "Apache" and some more.. so I guess maybe i've disabled some by mistake.. I don't think so.. but when it's not the case.. why is Trackmania not working anymore??? DX Updates? Or a Windows SEVEN update that has changed some things needed to run TMUF..?
I have simply done nothng than installing some software or games and it stoped working.