game freezes launching and in the launcher

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

fordry
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMN

game freezes launching and in the launcher

Post by fordry » 01 Sep 2010 04:47

I have tmuf with steam and I also downloaded and installed tmnf standalone to troubleshoot this issue and both are doing the exact same thing. I start the game and it freezes just before it goes into full screen mode, just showing the outline of the window of the game. This is before it shows any cinematics or the login screen or anything. Also, the launcher freezes when i click advanced in the configure screen on both versions.

I have Windows 7 ultimate x64, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling tmuf, I uninstalled and then manually deleted all the folders, including the hidden ones, associated with the game and went through the registry and manually deleted tmuf's entries (the "trackmania" ones anyway) then reinstalled. I completely uninstalled steam and reinstalled it before i tried tmnf. I updated my graphics drivers. All other 3d apps work including tmn eswc and other steam games. I even uninstalled my antivirus (avast) trying to troubleshoot this, that didn't change anything. Tried a clean boot of windows (no non microsoft services and all startup items disabled) and that didn't work either.

Anyone have any ideas for what is wrong?

kttjj1
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Re: game freezes launching and in the launcher

Post by kttjj1 » 14 Nov 2013 09:34

i have the same problem cant find the solution aswell ... did you find any solution yet ?