X360 Controller for PC --> problem with triggers

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

pac
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

X360 Controller for PC --> problem with triggers

Post by pac » 20 Nov 2010 14:31

Hy guys !

I recently bought a xbox360 controller for PC (wireless) Everything works fine by now (i suck on driving right now^^), ok nearly everything cause i got a big problem with the trigger in the back of the controller. Trackmania regognizes the triggers as 1 axis i guess and thats the problem. When i set the triggers to "acceleration analog" i'm not able to drift anymore (by pushing the 2 triggers the same time) and, and thats the biggstes prob i have:
Example: i have the brake on the triggers and the acceraltion on A. So when i push the trigger (while holding A) i do drift ye, but when i release the trigger i not acceralating anymore. I need to release the A button and push it again.

I think a possible solution would be to convert the controller anyhow so that trackmania thinks it is a button....

Can anyone help pls :?:

gabriel_wdsilva
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: X360 Controller for PC --> problem with triggers

Post by gabriel_wdsilva » 27 Nov 2010 20:52

THE SAME thing here, when you use brake control (at the air), it don't work...
If you configure an button like A, for brake, it will stop accelerate the car...

I created this thread, I didn't know if there was much people using XBOXController on TM

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: all
Manialink(s): racemaniac

Post by Racemaniac » 28 Nov 2010 11:22

isn't there some setting for the controller to either make these triggers seperate axis, or make them behave as buttons?
if they're a single axis, and there's no way to change it, then you indeed cannot use those triggers, since drifting will be impossible...
as much as the trackmanias may rule, carmageddon 1 & 2 are still the best games ever :D

gabriel_wdsilva
cyclist
cyclist

Post by gabriel_wdsilva » 28 Nov 2010 13:33

Huh....
I don't know, all other race games works perfect...
The problem I think, the Trackmania was made for the keyboard, so the trigger don't response as well

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Racemaniac » 28 Nov 2010 15:49

gabriel_wdsilva wrote:Huh....
The problem I think, the Trackmania was made for the keyboard, so the trigger don't response as well
that's not the problem, it's your controller setting.
if both the triggers are just a single axis, then it's impossible to give a signal of throttle and break being hit at the same time. The axis will then probably go to its center, which is the signal of none of both being pushed....
For a lot of racegames that's not really a problem, but if like in trackmania you need to be able to push both, then you're out of luck. I don't own such a gamepad, but look on the internet if there are options to change the settings of those buttons, that would solve it, but there's nothing trackmania can do about that, since the way you're describing it now, the gamepad can't tell the game that both triggers are being pushed...
as much as the trackmanias may rule, carmageddon 1 & 2 are still the best games ever :D

gabriel_wdsilva
cyclist
cyclist

Post by gabriel_wdsilva » 04 Dec 2010 14:29

Racemaniac wrote:
if both the triggers are just a single axis, then it's impossible to give a signal of throttle and break being hit at the same time. The axis will then probably go to its center, which is the signal of none of both being pushed....
For a lot of racegames that's not really a problem, but if like in trackmania you need to be able to push both, then you're out of luck. I don't own such a gamepad, but look on the internet if there are options to change the settings of those buttons, that would solve it, but there's nothing trackmania can do about that, since the way you're describing it now, the gamepad can't tell the game that both triggers are being pushed...
Huh...
Which is the best program for this?

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Racemaniac » 04 Dec 2010 23:38

gabriel_wdsilva wrote:
Racemaniac wrote:
Huh...
Which is the best program for this?
i don't have such a gamepad, so i wouldn't know....