Trackmania United Forever Star Edition Problems

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

bamspeed
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF:SE

Trackmania United Forever Star Edition Problems

Post by bamspeed » 04 Jun 2011 03:01

Hello,

So I bought Trackmania United Forever Star Edition on Steam a few weeks ago and played a few online games with my friend successfully, but there's something wrong here, I can't create a Stunt or Laps server but every other mode works. I've searched the FAQ's and a bunch of threads but couldn't find anyone with a similar problem. Basically I go to Play Online -> Create -> Stunts/Laps -> Launch, choose a random playlist and every single time it goes to the ladder ranking screen as if nothing happened.

I notice after each time I play the game and go to verify the integrity of the game cache it fails and has to reacquire a file. All of my drivers are up to date, I've removed the game from Steam and the profile settings in my Documents folder, re-installed and re-configured everything and the same thing happens.

Someone please help, I really want to like this game but have never had this happen to me in a game before and it's giving me a huge headache.

Thanks and I'll try my best to get this fixed with your help :1

Edit - So I asked my friend to try to host a Stunt or Laps game also and the same thing happened. We're both on Windows 7 x64 but on totally different hardware.

Alter-Fox
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMO TMS

Re: Trackmania United Forever Star Edition Problems

Post by Alter-Fox » 13 Jun 2011 22:20

I'm pretty sure your problem is the random tracklist.

Stunts and laps servers only work with certain tracks (stunts tracks for stunts servers, laps servers need tracks that use a multilap block instead of a start/finish). Since these track types aren't very common you'll need to make your own playlists for each game type. Laps tracks are often called 'endurance' -- for a laps server you can try and load any nations track with the 'endurance' type (as in A05-Endurance -- not sure if that's an actual name but you get the picture) except for the black ones, those are just really long but most of them don't actually use the lap block. You can also try CoastE.

For a stunts server, there is an entire campaign of nadeo stunts tracks that you can use.

To find the nadeo campaigns to use those tracks on your server (assuming you're using the in-game server), you just need to go to the main challenges folder (which has a folder for your tracks and one for all downloaded tracks) and then go up one more level -- from there enter the folder called 'campaigns'.

This is not a problem with your game or your computer at all, it's just that the nature of those game modes require them to be played on specific types of tracks -- and those types can sometimes be hard to find.

I would suggest describing your problem better in the thread title. I saw this at work and couldn't answer it there, when I got home I almost couldn't find it again. If the title was something like 'Can't start servers with Laps and Stunts modes' that would make it much easier for the people trying to answer your question to actually find it and answer it :wink: . Just some friendly advice.
Friend and ally to cats of all stripes, whether I like it or not. :)
Check out my original music @ https://vertigofox.bandcamp.com or look for Vertigo Fox on soundcloud and in other places.

bamspeed
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF:SE

Re: Trackmania United Forever Star Edition Problems

Post by bamspeed » 16 Jun 2011 05:08

Hey, thanks for answering! That would have been a better title, I agree, I just wasn't sure if the game was corrupted or if it was a "feature" that wasn't intuitively implemented! I saw a few posts about the Steam version of another title not working properly and the

That sounds like a lot of unnecessary work, this was my first time actually playing the game and me and my friend just wanted to have some quick fun. The dialog box closing without an error or warning is very misleading, like I said I've never seen such a silly implementation, most other games sort through usable maps at least via file names and/or certain flags within the map files themselves.

I'll sift through the courses then and give this game another shot, thank you, Alter-Fox :) Like your music, btw, was listening to some tracks while replying! Again, much appreciated for the assistance!