Multiple installs possible?

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Jeff71
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Multiple installs possible?

Post by Jeff71 » 13 Apr 2012 12:03

Hello,

Bought a digital copy of TMUF and wondering if i can install on my dekstop as well as my laptop. Not looking to play both machines online at the same time. I tried installing onto my laptop last night. But i keep getting an error saying the key is invalid.

Thanks,
Jeff

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Re: Multiple installs possible?

Post by Ant » 13 Apr 2012 14:06

You could install it onto as many machines as you like I guess, but the key can only be used once for one player account. I'm not sure whether logging into the game on other machines using this account would let you play united or not though - I'd suggest to install it first onto your main gaming pc whichever that may be.

Jeff71
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Jeff71 » 13 Apr 2012 14:43

Thanks Ant. I did install it on my main machine first. But when trying to run it on the laptop it wants the key before it go's any farther. So it looks like i just live with it or buy another key.

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 16 Apr 2012 15:36

Jeff71 wrote:Thanks Ant. I did install it on my main machine first. But when trying to run it on the laptop it wants the key before it go's any farther. So it looks like i just live with it or buy another key.
Instead of configuring the 2nd install frow start, you can also just copy My documents\Trackmania\ folder from your 1st computer to My Documents\ on the 2nd one.

Note: be carefull to close (nicely) the game on one computer before starting it with the same tmf account on the other, else it can happen that you have to wait several minutes/hours before being able to connect again.