Delayed steering with wheel in TM2, but not with keyboard

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

tetris42
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: Canyon, Valley

Delayed steering with wheel in TM2, but not with keyboard

Post by tetris42 » 13 Aug 2014 08:54

I'm having a problem with Trackmania2: Valley. I recently bought a steering wheel (Logitech G27) and while it's been great in other games, something is obviously off in TM2.

The short version is, no matter how high I set the sensitivity to, dead zone off, turning circle minimal, and me turning the wheel lightning-fast, there's always a delay to the car turning left and right, as opposed to being able to turn as rapidly as possible . Even using the word "delay" is slightly misleading, because the steering seems to respond quickly, but getting it to go left/right 100% NEVER happens as fast as I'm turning it with the wheel. Now because it works fine with the keyboard, the first reaction from people might be that I'm simply turning the wheel too slowly, because the speed will never match the digital on/off that a keyboard does, but I swear I've been like The Flash trying to minimize the turning the time.

Again, I've tried other games (Test Drive Unlimited 2, FUEL) and they don't seem to have this problem, it seems unique to Trackmania. Any advice people have as to what settings I should try would be appreciated.

Things I've tried:
-setting sensitivity to 10
-dead zone off
-lowering the "range" for the wheel (so it will hit 100% L/R faster)

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Re: Delayed steering with wheel in TM2, but not with keyboar

Post by Alinoa » 13 Aug 2014 09:18

For all Trackmania² titles (Canyon, Valley and Stadium), I invite to use the maniaplanet forums for sharing your questions:
http://forum.maniaplanet.com/
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin

tetris42
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: Canyon, Valley

Re: Delayed steering with wheel in TM2, but not with keyboar

Post by tetris42 » 13 Aug 2014 10:09

Oh okay, my mistake.