Can't Upgrade TMNF account

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

chiw
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMF, TMUF

Can't Upgrade TMNF account

Post by chiw » 14 Oct 2014 16:39

Hello,

A couple of years ago I used to play Trackmania United, but I deleted the game. I wanted to play that game again, so I installed it on my computer. The game said I could update it, and I did it, and it said I had Trackmania United Forever installed. When I try to make a new account, and fill in my registration key, it says that it failed to create my account, because I'm already subscribed. So I was wondering if I could make a new account with the same key, or that I could get a new key.

I read on this forum that I had to contact the Ubisoft upport, so I tried to. But when I wanted to submit a question, the site said: We are encountering a technical issue with the page you are trying to view.

Because that didn't work, I thought about Trackmania Nations Forever, and downloaded that game (since I also used to play that game). But I forgot about the new freezone update that let's you play 5 maps in a row before automatically being put in spectator mode. I saw in the game that you could buy a account upgrade, if you fill in your Trackmania United key (which allows you to play on both freezone and non-freezone servers, and let's you have TMNF and TMUf in 1, right?)so I did that.

But when I do that, the game says that the registration key already belongs to a Trackmania United account. The problem is, I forgot my user name and password from my old Trackmania United account, and the Ubisoft support doesn't work. I made a TMNF account, and it would be great if I could use my registration key on that account to upgrade it (and to play TMUF aswell) instead of using my old TMU account (which I forgot the name and password anyways).

I know I'm not supposed to post it here, but on the Ubisoft site I can't ask a question, and on the Trackmania Forever site there is no contact page, so I don't know where else I could post it.

Bye.

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Re: Can't Upgrade TMNF account

Post by Alinoa » 16 Oct 2014 09:53

I advise you to contact again the Ubisoft support by clicking on the Ask a question link in the FAQ. They may encounter temporary issues when you tried to contact them.
If you still encounter an issue for joining them, please post a message here.
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin

chiw
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMF, TMUF

Re: Can't Upgrade TMNF account

Post by chiw » 24 Oct 2014 16:48

Alinoa wrote:I advise you to contact again the Ubisoft support by clicking on the Ask a question link in the FAQ. They may encounter temporary issues when you tried to contact them.
If you still encounter an issue for joining them, please post a message here.
Like you said, I tried to contact them again, and it worked. Today I got a e-mail back from them (in Spanish, I don't know why) and they gave me my old login and password from my TMU account. But I asked them if I could make a new account, and use my registration key on that account (or get a new key),or if I could use my key on a TMNF account that I made which I gave them the login of (which is what I prefer).

I also asked them some more questions in my ticket, but the only thing they said was something in Spanish + my login and password. Ofcourse I can send them another question/ticket, but if they don't understand me, it's useless.

Edit: I already tried to disconnect my TMU account, so I can connect my profile to another account, but that doesn't work.