still no solution for graphic bug?

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

elm0r
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

still no solution for graphic bug?

Post by elm0r » 03 May 2016 18:39

Hello everyone,

so basically I have an issue that was discussed a couple of years ago, at least that's the result of my research so far. unfortunately I couldn't find any solutions to this.

problem is: I downloaded TMUF and installed it with my code I still have from years back. the game looks like **** though. apparently it is because it only detects 40MB of dedicated video memory. I have 2GB though.

I found the possibility of editing dedicated video memory in BIOS - no such option given to me.

I also came accross some people getting it to work after changing the nadeo.ini and updating the game with a certain patch - doesn't work for me either. after installing the game, the patch tells me it doesn't "need to be installed".

also changing the maximum memory option under the boot section of msconfig didn't help.

is there a solution to this that anyone is aware of?

my specs are:
Intel Core i5-5200u
8GB DDR3 L
GeForce 940M, 2GB
Win8.1

judging from my old system I ran it on: TMUF should be no problem what so ever to run.

any help would be much appreciated! :)

edit: I installed TMNF as well, this time via Steam. It has the same issue: detects the correct video card but only with 40MB memory.

kemot0055
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMO

Re: still no solution for graphic bug?

Post by kemot0055 » 07 May 2016 15:33

you tried to run game under nvidia card than to intel card?

elm0r
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: still no solution for graphic bug?

Post by elm0r » 09 May 2016 14:12

well the game detects the NVidia Card, which would be the one I want to play it with. and I assume it uses the on which it displays as detected? but it only detects 40MB of video memory instead of the actual 2GB. via NVidia control panel I also told the application to use NVidia Card, not Intel.