cloned user?

This forum is dedicated to the Aseco/Rasp 2 server records and control script by Flo and Assembler Maniac. Announcements and issues can be discussed in this forum.

Moderators: Flo, f*ckfish, Assembler Maniac, TM-Patrol

rez667
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: nations, united

cloned user?

Post by rez667 » 11 Jun 2008 06:20

I was in my server today with my buddies.. and someone logged in and it said XXXX |Admin| from blah(it was his exact user info).. has joined.. But the real player was already playin in there, I know this b/c i was in team speak with him.. The fake guy proceeded to Ban a few of my admins.. Now.. i know its easy t o unban them.. but is there anyway to prevent it.. or did i not add a security feature.. pls help. and he hasnt givin his info to anyone.

thx

rez

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU

Re: cloned user?

Post by Assembler Maniac » 11 Jun 2008 12:35

rez667 wrote:I was in my server today with my buddies.. and someone logged in and it said XXXX |Admin| from blah(it was his exact user info).. has joined.. But the real player was already playin in there, I know this b/c i was in team speak with him.. The fake guy proceeded to Ban a few of my admins.. Now.. i know its easy t o unban them.. but is there anyway to prevent it.. or did i not add a security feature.. pls help. and he hasnt givin his info to anyone.
If a player logs in with the same login, there's no real way to detect it, they get whatever rights belong to that user login. A login is supposed to be unique and protected, can't see how someone did what you're describing.

Can you clip the log where they connected to the game so I can see what it says? (send in pm)

rez667
cyclist
cyclist

Post by rez667 » 11 Jun 2008 16:59

yeah.. ill have to find the log and Ill send it to you asap.. thx m8

rez

ps. if an account is logged in and playing.. you cant log into the same account and go online.. I tried this to tet my server b4.. and it wouldnt let me.. ill get you that info though..

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr

Post by Knutselmaaster » 11 Jun 2008 18:20

Dang, they found a new way to boost (login with the same login will give all ladder points to that login, logically)

rez667
cyclist
cyclist

Post by rez667 » 11 Jun 2008 18:34

you mean they can do it to anyone they want to? if that was the case.. why did they ban a few of my admins..? i dunno.. why cant ppl just play righ.. and have fun ffs.. always gotta be cheaters, and dik bags..:-/

rez

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 12 Jun 2008 04:49

Either there's an exploit, or you're misunderstanding what occurred. Posting some log info might help shed some light...

rez667
cyclist
cyclist

Post by rez667 » 16 Jun 2008 05:27

I looked through the logs.. both server and aseco.. and cant find anything.. it happened again to another one of my clan m8s.. i'm just gonna disable banning i guess.. thx for the attempt to help.. im baffled..:-/

rez

rez667
cyclist
cyclist

Post by rez667 » 16 Jun 2008 18:08

I sent a clip of the most recent one to assembler maniac.. hopefully he can help.. and i'll, or he'll let everyone know wtf happened.. I did find some wierd lookin stuff. but im clueless.. when it comes to this sorta ****...

rez