Public Clan Rankings Plugin - RELEASED

This forum is dedicated to the Aseco/Rasp 2 server records and control script by Flo and Assembler Maniac. Announcements and issues can be discussed in this forum.

Moderators: Flo, f*ckfish, Assembler Maniac, TM-Patrol

Hach-Que
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF
Manialink(s): hach-que

Public Clan Rankings Plugin - RELEASED

Post by Hach-Que » 29 Sep 2008 10:00

Clan Rankings Plugin

This plugin displays the top 10 scoring clans on the left side of the player's screen as well as submits the scoring back to the database. Best of all, it uses a public database, so all the clan scores are shared across servers.

Please see the license file before using this plugin. There are two exceptions to the license that is not mentioned; you may remove the Roket Enterprises button which the plugin draws, and you may modify the plugin to rearrange where the data is displayed.

~ Screenshot ~

~ Features ~
  • Shows top 10 clans on the left hand side of the screen.
  • Clan list is updated each time the player visits through a checkpoint (this is not possible at the end of the race due to the dedicated server callback restrictions).
  • /cregister function allows clans to register themselves on the public DB.
  • Automatically notifies the server administrator when a new version is available (the clan ranking plugin won't send or retrieve records until it is updated either).
  • Database of clan rankings can be changed via XML (not much point though as you need to write your own server backend for it, and this feature is useless for private clan servers)
  • Toggle sending scores to main clan database via XML configuration.
  • Toggle showing top 10 scores via XML configuration.
~ Planned Features ~
  • Shows the position of the clan the player belongs to if the clan is not in the top 10.
  • Player-in-clan ranking possibly?
  • Bonus points scored for achieving a server record > 500.
  • Toggle Roket Productions button via XML.
  • If a clan owns the server, it is shown with an author medal in the top 10 ranking.
~ Download ~
http://www.roket-enterprises.com/trackm ... king10.zip :pil
Last edited by Hach-Que on 22 May 2009 07:59, edited 4 times in total.

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Re: Public Clan Rankings Plugin

Post by nocturne » 29 Sep 2008 18:54

Alright, so it tracks attaining track medals, and awards points for such, which are calculated into a clan total? Using server records or finish positions wouldn't be a good method at all, though, as they require too different a skill level on different servers...

Overall, it sounds like a great idea -- I'm just worried it'll end up as corrupted as other public db solutions (*cough*DM*cough*). Making it a 'per-server' system, relying on a few simple mysql tables to store info, might end up being the most secure and stable solution -- plus it won't require you to run the back end.

Hach-Que
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Hach-Que » 29 Sep 2008 21:30

At the moment, it gets the differences between the players time and other players that are not in the same clan's time and that becomes the score, although we have realised that this doesn't work to well for short or small tracks (where time difference is in milliseconds, and players don't achieve much score) or really long or difficult tracks (where time difference is in minutes, and players receive massive score).

So I really need someway of determining whether or not a track is short/medium/long and then working out whether or not I should multiply the score by 10 (short), leave it as is (medium), or divide by 10 (long), however I'm just not sure how to go about this.

Another problem I'm also having is PHP and UTF-8, and it's really starting to get annoying. You might have to wait more than a day until this comes out now because it's no longer working for me :(

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 29 Sep 2008 22:29

I think for your utf8 problem, htmlspecialchars() might help...

About the point calculation... I don't know how reliable that method will be. You're going to end up with a huge db, where simply queries are going to take a heck of a long time. A points based system would be nice -- I guess based on track medals (at end of track, award points based on whether the registered player gets a gold, silver, or bronze time). Even better, would be a simple facsimile of the original TMN team ranking -- just store up the player points, and come up with an equation to balance out total team points with avg team player points. It'd be a very simple and effective solution, which would be easy to implement on a large scale.

Hach-Que
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Hach-Que » 29 Sep 2008 22:37

Okay, I've got it working again. Once we get the scoring methodology straightened out, it should be ready for public release. :pil

Hach-Que
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Hach-Que » 29 Sep 2008 22:38

nocturne wrote:I think for your utf8 problem, htmlspecialchars() might help...

About the point calculation... I don't know how reliable that method will be. You're going to end up with a huge db, where simply queries are going to take a heck of a long time. A points based system would be nice -- I guess based on track medals (at end of track, award points based on whether the registered player gets a gold, silver, or bronze time). Even better, would be a simple facsimile of the original TMN team ranking -- just store up the player points, and come up with an equation to balance out total team points with avg team player points. It'd be a very simple and effective solution, which would be easy to implement on a large scale.
Not really, you have 1 query for selecting all of the clan's information (including existing LP), and 1 query for each clan that needs to be updated.

jeffroselier
road tourist
road tourist

Re: Public Clan Rankings Plugin - RELEASED

Post by jeffroselier » 01 Oct 2008 05:31

Is what this plugin is compatible with xaseco 1.04?

Thank you

Hach-Que
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Hach-Que » 02 Oct 2008 05:04

I don't know if it is compatible with XASECO; I've designed to to work with ASECO, but you can try.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 02 Oct 2008 18:34

Hach-Que wrote:I don't know if it is compatible with XASECO; I've designed to to work with ASECO, but you can try.
A/R2 plugins are never compatible with XAseco (and vice versa), unless specifically designed for both. AFAIK, Fufi's Widgets and AutoQueue are the only two such plugins.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 04 Oct 2008 22:15

Xaseco is built off of aseco .6, so it's not altogether too hard to port a plugin back to it. You just need to replace all the private strings with globals in each function, and alter the plugin format to fit aseco .6; and it should work (excuse the bad programming grammar... I don't know what this stuff means -- I just cut-and-paste).

Hach-Que
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Hach-Que » 05 Oct 2008 08:43

Ah, the life which contains retarded parents.

"Apparently" my parents didn't realize that other people would be connecting to an online, multiplayer dedicated server, and hence, I am no longer allowed to run a TM server. This also means that I can't test or develop this plugin further.

Sorry guys, don't blame me; blame my parents. :evil:

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 05 Oct 2008 10:15

If you want i would like to continue this project and make it available to other projects.

Yes i am a busy man with 4 kind of projects but love,like to help all of us.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

Greco
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by Greco » 31 May 2010 05:48

good plugin

oliverde8
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMU
Manialink(s): oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 » 31 May 2010 15:30

It would be nice if it would fetch team informations through TM-Teams?
ImageImage
Manialink : oliverde8color>
Servers : STATS <> United | VeryShort | Made In Turkey