ASECO 2.2.2 and stuff

This forum is dedicated to the Aseco/Rasp 2 server records and control script by Flo and Assembler Maniac. Announcements and issues can be discussed in this forum.

Moderators: Flo, f*ckfish, Assembler Maniac, TM-Patrol

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Re: ASECO 2.2.2 and stuff

Post by nocturne » 02 Mar 2010 17:18

SilentStorm wrote:While talking about Memory Usage of Aseco... Mine keeps shutting down every few days due to more than 32MiB of Memory used. I have to start it again which leaves it running just fine until it crashes again due to too much memory used. Any Ideas?

OS is Debian 4 btw and PHP is 5.2.0
Just out of curiosity, have you tried increasing the PHP mem limit? I typically set mine to 96mb, and even then experience crashes.

As far as mem usage goes, I've had the nagging thought that Aseco isn't clearing all the player data upon a player's disconnection... All the code seems to be perfectly fine, but certain manialink/widget displays carry over after a disconnect and reconnection (such as oliverde8's menu staying open to the previous tab).

oliverde8
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMU
Manialink(s): oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 » 02 Mar 2010 18:20

nocturne wrote: As far as mem usage goes, I've had the nagging thought that Aseco isn't clearing all the player data upon a player's disconnection... All the code seems to be perfectly fine, but certain manialink/widget displays carry over after a disconnect and reconnection (such as oliverde8's menu staying open to the previous tab).
I am sure I am deleting player informations in my Menu. I wasn't for quite a time but the latest version should be doing it. I will recheck and post on the Menus topic
ImageImage
Manialink : oliverde8color>
Servers : STATS <> United | VeryShort | Made In Turkey

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 05 Mar 2010 00:56

Well, I investigated a bit further... opened up a few windows, extended the challenge widget, and opened the menu; quit the server, then rejoined. I could of sworn the challenge widget exhibited the same behavior, but it seems only the Menu plugin...

But alas, it's my own fault... I'm still using v1.62, and I see the issue was fixed in v1.64. I had just assumed the removeplayerdata function handled all that, and didn't quite feel up to hacking up the menu again to just how I ike it. :lol:

oliverde8
solid chaser
solid chaser
Manialink(s): oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 » 05 Mar 2010 06:20

the removeplayerdata function of 1.62 is not good It doesen't work. You should be able to use the one of 1.64 I think. I had my server crashed so I couldn't check it out. I am still reinstalling it
ImageImage
Manialink : oliverde8color>
Servers : STATS <> United | VeryShort | Made In Turkey

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 05 Mar 2010 19:52

Still nags me, though... shouldn't the player object be unset upon disconnect, thus flushing the playerdata anyways?

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Assembler Maniac » 06 Mar 2010 05:34

nocturne wrote:Still nags me, though... shouldn't the player object be unset upon disconnect, thus flushing the playerdata anyways?
It is, but if the module hangs on to any part of that data, it'll remain un-released.

Greco
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by Greco » 24 Apr 2010 20:28

on release 2.2.2 problem on dedimania.

Function getjukebox on plugin dedimania {need work}
missing dedimania.xml -> on config {i use xaseco same file}

But good release keep working :thumbsup:

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 05 May 2010 18:06

About the public DB story.

At the moment i have got some of the files of the old public DB as shown on the sourceforge page....

Why i got these files you might ask?

Well as an relief for the database of dedimania i thought lets make the public db of aseco relive again.

The only problem im having problems with are with the quotedstring in the plugin.

Thats why im asking some people to bug test it with me or that want to help.

PM me or send an email if you want to help.

For AM:

Do you still have the aseco_server.php file as i cant find it on the web. Or know of any solutions.

With kind regards.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Assembler Maniac » 05 May 2010 18:12

w1lla wrote:About the public DB story.

At the moment i have got some of the files of the old public DB as shown on the sourceforge page....

Why i got these files you might ask?

Well as an relief for the database of dedimania i thought lets make the public db of aseco relive again.

The only problem im having problems with are with the quotedstring in the plugin.

Thats why im asking some people to bug test it with me or that want to help.

PM me or send an email if you want to help.

For AM:

Do you still have the aseco_server.php file as i cant find it on the web. Or know of any solutions.

With kind regards.
There never was an "aseco_server.php" file. The public database functions were completely contained within the database itself. I might be able to dig up a version of the function defs if you want, and maybe the files for granting access too.

Basically the MySQL database has to be publicly accessible. You grant a user access to the functions/procedures, then the aseco php files connect to the DB and do all the database stuff through db functions.

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 05 May 2010 18:16

I got the files from here:

....site deleted by AM.....(see PM for details)

only problem i think is what to put in pubdb.xml.

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 05 May 2010 19:08

Keep in mind the original purpose of the public db... It's intended as a global records system to take the place of the localdb (same purpose DM has for FAST), whereas Dedimania in Aseco/Xaseco is intended primarily as a leaderboard. They are meant to be interoperable, not interchangeable.

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Assembler Maniac » 05 May 2010 19:24

nocturne wrote:Keep in mind the original purpose of the public db... It's intended as a global records system to take the place of the localdb (same purpose DM has for FAST), whereas Dedimania in Aseco/Xaseco is intended primarily as a leaderboard. They are meant to be interoperable, not interchangeable.
Actually the public DB was designed to function WITH the local database. It wasn't supposed to be a complete replacement for the local database.

Local DB is pretty much required for ASECO now anyway, it's too crippled without it.

Fisch.666
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMUF, TMNF

Post by Fisch.666 » 05 May 2010 21:50

Hi!
Assembler Maniac wrote:
SilentStorm wrote: The Error from the Logs is:

Fatal error: Cannot pass parameter 1 by reference in /home/tmn/asecotmf_222/plugins/plugin.admin.php on line 89
[02/02,23:03:34] Beginning to shutdown Aseco due to an error ...
Ok, that's kinda strange.

What OS?
What version of PHP are you using?
I had the same problem running aseco 2.2.2 (2.3.0) on a debian 64bit systen with php 5.2.6.
This problem is fixed after replacing the showAdminToPlayer function with the function from nocturne.

:3

Greco
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by Greco » 12 May 2010 13:27

Bug when someone write a wrong command for example my login is test12 if i wrote /admin kick or /admin kick test11 its a wrong command name and we have the sendservermessage >> Admin kicked player " " ...... This message must sended only if the command params or login is correct.This bug works on all aseco versions

Fix it :thumbsup:

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 12 May 2010 19:03

This was mentioned in another thread recently. Again, I don't think of it really as a bug... just a different way of thinking. Besides, the playerlist check was in the original Aseco v.61 -- so not including it in v2.x just seems intentional (for usage to clear out 'bugged' disconnects and 'ghost' players I suppose, instead of a redundant 'kickghost' command like Xaseco).

Also, it can be fun to mess around with, using a nickname instead of the login..

/admin kick -nocturne=-!