[Version 4.0.3.4] remoteCP 4 - TMF only

This is the dedicated forum for RemoteCP4: the web based dedicated server control script.

Moderators: hal|Sascha, TM-Patrol

dragu
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMN

Re: [Version 4.0.3.4] remoteCP 4 - TMF only

Post by dragu » 06 Feb 2010 16:06

After having downloaded the latest version of Remote Control Panel 4 from your website sascha, i was having trouble getting it to run smoothly and were
once again having to run thru to find the errors. The first one being that it's in zip which completly screws up rights for any linux system.
Secondly being in the /xml/servers.xml file where the portion about connection to the game server where hacked off.
After having gone over the error logs I finally figured out that it were missing the <account>SuperAdmin</account> portion of the connection settings,
what was in there though was <password>SuperAdmin</password>.

It's a nice tool you have made but to search for the errors after all updates is getting rather tiresome.

Edit: Also , the adress given in the readme.txt file in the zip does not work. It gives a lovely php error where it states there are no such file.

hal|Sascha
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS, TMO

Post by hal|Sascha » 08 Feb 2010 09:20

The first one being that it's in zip which completly screws up rights for any linux system.
Hum... why? My debian perfectly undestands unpacking ZIP files, you can also unpack RCP on your windows und upload it with your prefered FTP tool :), but what filetype would you prefer?
Secondly being in the /xml/servers.xml file where the portion about connection to the game server where hacked off.
After having gone over the error logs I finally figured out that it were missing the <account>SuperAdmin</account> portion of the connection settings,
what was in there though was <password>SuperAdmin</password>.
The <account> option has been remove since version 4.0.3.2, the SuperAdmin-account is now hardcoded deep inside the RCP code and there is no need to change this. If this caused problems for you, please post all the related error messages :)
Edit: Also , the adress given in the readme.txt file in the zip does not work. It gives a lovely php error where it states there are no such file.
Thx, I'll fix this.
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Mainboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
RAM: 2 GB
Graphics: ATI Radeon X1950XTX
Audio: Soundblaster Audigy 4
Internet: ADSL 6Mbit

Ferril
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TM-F

Post by Ferril » 28 Feb 2011 13:22

[wrong forum]
Proud ex-clan leder of Original Wheels of Norway (OWN)
http://www.own.no/

DrZeejs
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by DrZeejs » 24 Sep 2012 23:20

i can not see the instyalation info in the page given, it is empty, please help, i need the remoteCP on my server :)