Report Bugs, make feature request

This is the dedicated forum for RemoteCP4: the web based dedicated server control script.

Moderators: hal|Sascha, TM-Patrol

hal|Sascha
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS, TMO

Report Bugs, make feature request

Post by hal|Sascha » 17 Jul 2008 06:24

You will find a bugtracking software here: http://bugtrac.hal-ko.de

Don't wonder because most of the actual stuff is in german, feel free to write in english. It's just hard to tell someone to write in english if he know youre speaking german ^^

You can also add feature request and other improvements :)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Mainboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
RAM: 2 GB
Graphics: ATI Radeon X1950XTX
Audio: Soundblaster Audigy 4
Internet: ADSL 6Mbit

gdiza
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Re: Report Bugs, make feature request

Post by gdiza » 17 Jul 2008 06:32

I wouldn't mind having a 'voice chat' feature.
VOIP.

Typing sucks sometimes, expecially when ppl retire or whatever, then the banter goes and you have to wait till the end of the lap or time to reply.

Of cause, I see the pro's and con's in this request, but still think it's a cool feature to have, and to have the ability (server side) to turn it off.
• Proudly from ZA • Plz join and play on our local server: -= SGS TM:NATIONS FOREVER Server =- 196.4.79.73:2350 •

Cpt.KBK
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF

Post by Cpt.KBK » 21 Jul 2008 09:26

gdiza wrote:I wouldn't mind having a 'voice chat' feature.
VOIP.

Typing sucks sometimes, expecially when ppl retire or whatever, then the banter goes and you have to wait till the end of the lap or time to reply.

Of cause, I see the pro's and con's in this request, but still think it's a cool feature to have, and to have the ability (server side) to turn it off.
It's not possible to run a VoIP server using PHP, or Trackmania's server software. You just can't do it. If you want to use VoIP, look into Ventrilo or Teamspeak server/client software.

corto-72
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by corto-72 » 08 Sep 2008 11:14

Hi Sascha,

I've been playing with v4.0.2.4 and have a couple of comments for you...

The new menu style below the podium: first I think that having a background (like v4.0.2.2 if I remember correctly) is better, on some map it is not easy to see the white text. Also it would be better to lower it slightly since it lies right on top of the Eye icon (when somebody is in spec mode on you...)

For the map info and details (top right corner) it would be nice to lower it a bit, since if you hover the mouse to close to the top you get the pop up window showing the sound/stereoscopy.etc setup...

Also, the checkpoint delta time (rel to the best time) seems to work in an erratic manner: when somebody connects, it stop showing until the next race. Here I am not completely sure if this correct or something else is happening, but this is currently the closest correlation I've been able to make...

Otherwise great job!

Cheers,
Corto.

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 08 Sep 2008 13:32

There should be something like RemoteCP for Relay servers.

I know Fast has that function and im working at the moment for a (X)Aseco release function for it but i also miss one for Remotecp. Might be a good idea. As Fast shows how many slots the internet connection may use for relays.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 11 Sep 2008 00:28

Don't know if it's a bug or just me...

The website plugin wouldn't output the player and challenge lists in the xml... but I just removed the "if ($this->challenges)" and "if ($this->players)" loops, and it works fine. :ftw:

hal|Sascha
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS, TMO

Post by hal|Sascha » 11 Sep 2008 12:04

you have to enable the display of players/challenges. Url should look like this:

http://domain.com/ajax.php?plugin=Website&autologin=1&serverid=1&players=1&challenges=1
@willa: I currently experimenting with the relay stuff, but the newest players plugin should show you the connect relay servers at the top.
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Mainboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
RAM: 2 GB
Graphics: ATI Radeon X1950XTX
Audio: Soundblaster Audigy 4
Internet: ADSL 6Mbit

lozica
cyclist
cyclist

Post by lozica » 28 Oct 2008 18:29

In my 17" analog monitor...very very smal

:cry: :cry:
sorry for bad english

k4nm4n
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by k4nm4n » 02 Nov 2008 17:42

lozica wrote:In my 17" analog monitor...very very smal

:cry: :cry:
I have the same problem. :(

k4nm4n
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by k4nm4n » 09 Nov 2008 17:26

On Rcp 4.0.2.7 Auto Save Replays isn't working on Dedicated server for TMNF/TMU-F (2008-10-07) .

breach
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMUF/TMNF

Request: Import tol

Post by breach » 16 Nov 2008 17:17

I would like a tool for importing from other Asecosystems. I my self have been running four servers with Mistrals Aseco Mod. I have been using RCP for a while but did´nt try RCP live just until recently and i must say it works really well and it is the only system that i feel i would leave M.A.MOD. for.
But the problem is that there are loads of records, tons and tons of players/connetions in the old databse, i would like to see a tool for importing the Mistral database into RCPLive database.

acrox999
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: Nations Forever, DS

Post by acrox999 » 17 Dec 2008 13:22

Hi, I need help with the latest RemoteCP. I can't log in. Why? I've edit the admins.xml but still the same. Please help me. :(
Join TrackMania Unity now! Be one of us!
For Malaysian, join the first Malaysia dedicated server ever!!! Join Malaysia Forever server now!

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 28 Dec 2008 05:57

Running 4.0.2.7... Most of my issues are with color parsing. Non-colored nicknames have the first letter lopped off, and it doesn't quite handle any type of special punctuation right... ie.: > < ? $$...

In the Browser plugin, also get this error line once per file listed... (but shows the files alright after the errors).

[PHP Warning] array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The second argument should be either an array or an object on line 384 in file /var/www/gameservers/home/www/stats.gamesnirvana.com/htdocs/remotecp4/plugins/Browse/index.php
[PHP Warning] array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The second argument should be either an array or an object on line 385 in file /var/www/gameservers/home/www/stats.gamesnirvana.com/htdocs/remotecp4/plugins/Browse/index.php
Also, about the .htaccess file... not all webhosts support them, so it might be worth mentioning that all that really needs to be done is a few simple chmods to deny read access in those situations.

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 31 Dec 2008 07:19

Should of mentioned that the color parsing is only a problem in the chat output... works fine anywhere else.

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 05 Jan 2009 12:57

not sure if somebody requested it here already.

for sure i told you already :)
  • - adding a whole directory of tracks in one click
    - upload a whole directory
guess there was something else but i forgot it right now
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>