Admin rights on server

This is the dedicated forum for RemoteCP4: the web based dedicated server control script.

Moderators: hal|Sascha, TM-Patrol

Fragomatic
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Admin rights on server

Post by Fragomatic » 30 May 2009 21:49

Me and a mate have been trying to give our self admins right's on remoteCP dedicated server
that we ranted

but then we go and give our self's all the rights it doesent work in game

what we do :
we go maintance / add admin / active is winged / took grupe admin / usernem ****** / password ****** / TM-Acount Fragomatic that is my login for the game / lang eng / style on Default / Remove TMcode not winged / Admin on server is winged

now of what i know it should work ingame for me but when i try admin command ingame like /admin help or /admin helpall
it gives me that i dont have the rights

what to do to make it work ?

corto-72
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: Admin rights on server

Post by corto-72 » 30 May 2009 23:11

Do you authenticate yourself first using the /su command in-game? (/su password)

PS: you only need to authenticate once per gaming session obviously, and the password is the password of the console admin associated to your TM account...

Izeqube
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Izeqube » 31 May 2009 19:27

can you please help us a little more, cause when i write /su Mypassword nothing happens

Fragomatic
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Fragomatic » 31 May 2009 19:33

oki i tryed to use /su mypassword to activate my admin rights ingame but it doesnt work for som reason
when i try use /admin help is still sayes that i dont have the rights for that command
so plz if there is som1 who could explaine from bottom on how to set it up i would be happy :)

corto-72
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by corto-72 » 01 Jun 2009 08:49

Can you clarify one thing first? There is no /admin help or even /admin command in RCP Live... So are you using only RCP as a web console, and either Fast or one of the ASECO variant in-game, or the full package???

If the full RCP package, then the following applies:

When you type /su password in-game, if your TM account is linked to a console admin, you should get one of 2 messages:
- if the password has been correctly entered:
You have been successfully verified with your admin account
- if you made a mistake on the password:
Your admin verification missed, invalid password or no admin account
If you don't get any of these messages, then your TM account is not linked to an admin account...

One thing to check that admins are properly declared in-game ( and this is accessible to all players): /admins
This should list all the admins on the server, and whether or not they are on the server (green is in-game playing, yellow in-game but spectator - so could be away, and red not logged in)

Note that after declaring a new admin in the console, you need to update the settings in-game...
To do so, go to the Menu: YourServer >>Admin >> PCore >> Update admins
But you need admin rights for that, so I guess you won't be able to do it first time around... without restarting the script, so that the updated admins.xml is loaded

Izeqube
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Izeqube » 01 Jun 2009 12:18

When i write /Admins nothing happens ;)
and /su Password nothing happens

Izeqube
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Izeqube » 01 Jun 2009 12:20

Btw msn: nicklasweesgaard@live.dk to chat live ;)