cant delete challenges

This is the dedicated forum for RemoteCP4: the web based dedicated server control script.

Moderators: hal|Sascha, TM-Patrol

Kiste_Becks
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: none

cant delete challenges

Post by Kiste_Becks » 22 Sep 2010 15:26

Hi,

cant delete any maps via remotecp4, the error is:

"not possible to delete files" - free translation

even if the challenges folder is set to 777, remotecp is unable to delete the tracks.

What is needed to be able to delete files with remotecp?

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Re: cant delete challenges

Post by jamie_macdonald » 22 Sep 2010 15:32

I am not a user of Remote CP so i can only hazard a guess, but maybe remote CP itself does not have the required permission level for file deletion?

If on linux you can chmod (chmod +x) the remote cp library you run to start it, this may be enough (but then i could be completely wrong and it could be remote CP setting).

Wish you luck ...i'm sure someone pro will be here for proper advice shortly :thumbsup:

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Re: cant delete challenges

Post by nocturne » 01 Feb 2011 07:16

Apache is a bit weird with file permissions... Any file it creates is owned by it's user, and it's restricted by it's user/group rights (which for the most part is a good thing).

But still you should make sure your config isn't to blame. Are you using local or FTP file access, and have you tried the alternates? What's your user/group setup in relation to the /www files and the user under which the tmf server runs?
Chief Janitorial Supervisor of the Let'sRock! TM community : www.LetsRock-TM.com