[SOLVED] [PHP Warning] failed to open dir: Permission denied

This is the dedicated forum for RemoteCP4: the web based dedicated server control script.

Moderators: hal|Sascha, TM-Patrol

DeadMonkey
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN

[SOLVED] [PHP Warning] failed to open dir: Permission denied

Post by DeadMonkey » 03 May 2011 17:08

hello thar,
firstly remotecp looks like a great bit of kit! easy to configure and use and all for free! well done.

installed dedi game server / xaseco / remotecp4
running on ubuntu 8.04LTS everything is working apart from
the browser tab which is showing some errors :(

Code: Select all

[PHP Warning] mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied on line 129 in file /home/account1/WWW/remotecp4/plugins/Browse/index.php

[PHP Warning] mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied on line 130 in file /home/account1/WWW/remotecp4/plugins/Browse/index.php

[PHP Warning] mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied on line 131 in file /home/account1/WWW/remotecp4/plugins/Browse/index.php

[PHP Warning] opendir(/home/account2/TMUF/GameData/Tracks/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied on line 562 in file /home/account1/WWW/remotecp4/plugins/Browse/index.php

[remoteCP Notice] Read directories - can\'t open directory: /home/account2/TMUF/GameData/Tracks/
as you can see i have some permission problems, to try and get over this temporarily, i'v set the folders as 777
but still get the errors above o_0 would it be related to the fact that remotecp in my www folder is in another account (account1) and the game server/xaseco runs with a another user (account2) ?

some pointers would be great

thank you in advance :)
DM
Last edited by DeadMonkey on 03 May 2011 22:03, edited 1 time in total.

DeadMonkey
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN

Re: [PHP Warning] opendir

Post by DeadMonkey » 03 May 2011 21:43

ok i just needed to make a group and add account1/account2 to it, so they have the same GID

hope it helps some one