[(X)Aseco/FAST] AutoQueue v0.60b

Discover FAST, a records keeping server control script with a public records system called Dedimania, which will show records from the server on tm-exchange.com

Moderators: Slig, TM-Patrol

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Re: [(X)Aseco/FAST] AutoQueue v0.50

Post by Zooz » 28 Dec 2008 18:27

Heh, even though I used 0.50 before and it went fine, it gave a lot of problems this week. Most of the players were getting skipped constantly, to the point where loserkicked players could rejoin without waiting because the queue didn't want to put anyone else in. I downgraded to 0.46 and things worked fine again...

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 28 Dec 2008 20:21

I know it's buggy but if you deactivate the inconsistency check, it should work.
inactive, sorry

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 04 Jan 2009 14:10

You mean like this?

Code: Select all

<!-- The time interval in seconds in which the plugin checks for inconsistencies in the queue system-->
	<inconsistencyinterval>0</inconsistencyinterval> <!-- seconds, 0 to deactivate -->
It was disabled.

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by f*ckfish » 04 Jan 2009 15:32

Mmh... that's definetly weird then... I'll recheck the differences between those versions but if i remember right, I did not change a lot to the queuing and releasing.

Btw, some details about the inconsistency check and why it causes so many random queue errors:
The major problems appear because the check looks for stuff like players on the server that are not allowed to play or spectators that fell out of the queue for some reason. To do that, this check compares the internal lists in the plugin and the playerlist on the server. The reason why this check messes everything up is, that there will always be natural inconsistencies between the plugin and the server itself since it sometimes takes some time for the server to execute the forcespecator stuff. If the inconsistency check kicks in between two races for example it's nearly impossible that the playerlist on the server and the internal list of the plugin match.
inactive, sorry

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Re: [(X)Aseco/FAST] AutoQueue v0.60

Post by f*ckfish » 15 Feb 2009 20:49

New Version 0.60 is out. Now with a queue list window and some other changes (see the download link and the release notes in the first post)

inactive, sorry

Makikou
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMSX,TMNF,TMUF

Post by Makikou » 16 Feb 2009 11:38

Testing it out :1

Edit: Having a bit of a problem

I installed the plugin, configured one chat string which says normally. "You got a Free Spot, Have fun Driving!" with this:

<str_drive>Free Spot! Push Pedal to the Metal!</str_drive>
but it still display's the normal text :cry:

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by f*ckfish » 16 Feb 2009 21:04

Makikou wrote:Testing it out :1

Edit: Having a bit of a problem

I installed the plugin, configured one chat string which says normally. "You got a Free Spot, Have fun Driving!" with this:

<str_drive>Free Spot! Push Pedal to the Metal!</str_drive>
but it still display's the normal text :cry:
That's impossible, there's only one place in the whole package where the string "You got a Free Spot, Have fun Driving!" can be found, this is in the xml file and if you replace that string there is no possibility at all that it is still displayed. Sorry for the questions but are you sure you saved your xml file and restarted Fast afterwards?

Btw. the list does not display in 0.60 because I forgot to comment out a debug line.
A fixed version 0.60b is now available for download.
inactive, sorry

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Re: [(X)Aseco/FAST] AutoQueue v0.60b

Post by Zooz » 22 Mar 2009 15:39

I'm now quite certain that the newest version has worse queue bugs than 0.4. I switched to it again, and it's a lot worse.

At the scoreboard, when the loserkicks happen, it tends to loop through the players from the start of the queue, dumping them out of it into regular spectator mode, it seems. It does tell them "You got a free spot, ..." but then they go to unqueued spec instead of to play.. It will do this for a bit until it finally decides to put some players in playing mode, which will usually be the 6th and 7th queued or something like that, and then it stops (because there are no more empty slots). I haven't seen any such bugs when a slot freed up during a map.

Maybe this'll help a bit in fixing it.

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 25 Mar 2009 06:23

very odd problem zooz .. i never found a way to get any version working stable on fast so far (allways one problem of another)...

...Now i have ET|Generation and ET|Champions hosted on a server with xaseco i have not one problem with the queue plugin atall.

If you need help to setup xaseco zooz i can allways do so but i would ovbiously love for this to work on fast as it is the simpler solution for most users to install maintain (and its lack of database reliance makes it also portable (least more easily)).

Good luck with it ... it has been a pain for a long time eh.

schmidi
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: tmo, tms, tmuf

Post by schmidi » 04 Jun 2009 21:11

did some updates/fixes.
fufi autoqueue v0.70a

MINICIBER
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by MINICIBER » 18 Jun 2009 01:54

i am have a problem

my server work with password for players, but when enter like spectator and after change to player, can enter without password.

sorry for my english

schmidi
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: tmo, tms, tmuf

Post by schmidi » 18 Jun 2009 09:14

thats how auoqueue works, as intended to be used on ladder-servers.
it forces player into spec and playmode. there is no way of asking for password first.

btw, whats the point of using autoqueue on a passwordprotected server?

Mort
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Post by Mort » 10 Jan 2010 07:49

I've been testing the autoqueue with FAST and have found a few strange behaviours.

Who else is actually using the autoq and what has it been like for you?