how can I add teamspeak to my server

Discover FAST, a records keeping server control script with a public records system called Dedimania, which will show records from the server on tm-exchange.com

Moderators: Slig, TM-Patrol

Devious Dee
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

how can I add teamspeak to my server

Post by Devious Dee » 12 Aug 2009 10:58

Hello again guys

Im running fast 3.2 with Gliders Gpp installed and also mcm's plugin.
I have a dedicated machine P4 2.8ghz with 2mb ram on XP running my united server.

I was wanting to add teamspeak to my server, I have seen other servers with links to teamspeak showing in game and was wondering how to do the same.

I know I have to download the teamspeak server, but I have no idea how to link it to the game.

I have had a look through the forums but cant seem to find anything (allthough Im sure its here somewhere, and when I enter teamspeak into the search function I do not get any results)

If there is a tutorial somewhere Id love someone to point me in the right direction

Fingers crossed

Dee

zzzyzygy
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: how can I add teamspeak to my server

Post by zzzyzygy » 12 Aug 2009 15:41

What do you mean by "Links to Teamspeak showing in game"?

The nice thing about Teamspeak is that once connected it stays active no matter what app is running on the client. I have a push to talk button on my wheel. It works great. Some prefer voice activation.

Devious Dee
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Devious Dee » 12 Aug 2009 16:10

I saw in the top left hand corner of a server a teamspeak box, I guess to connect to a teamspeak server via a mainia link??

Im guessing it was a mania link although I didnt test it as I didnt have teamspeak installed.

Plz tell me a wasnt seeing things lol

Is it possible to have a plugin/mania link where as you click on it to be connected to a teamspeak server?

I hope so coz it would be a great feature, Sorry Im not very techy when it comes to this sorta stuff

Thanks

Dee

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 12 Aug 2009 16:24

Use the Search, Luke. :wink:
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Devious Dee
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Devious Dee » 12 Aug 2009 21:08

Hey thanks for the link Xymph,

Unfortunate that I am not capable of making head nor tail from that lol, link script to website etc...what I need is an idiots guide.

Funny tho, what started out as few races on nations has led me to lol

More reading required I think

Thanks guys

Dee