Some questions regarding FAST 3

Discover FAST, a records keeping server control script with a public records system called Dedimania, which will show records from the server on tm-exchange.com

Moderators: Slig, TM-Patrol

FRK
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: Nations, United

Some questions regarding FAST 3

Post by FRK » 10 Oct 2009 17:03

Hi there !

I'm running a dedicated Trackmania server using Servermania in combination with FAST.
I have some small (noob) questions:

1. How can I add an admin ? Now the first player is in the server is admin and adminvotes are automaticly turned off
2. FAST has a lot of features which I don't really need. All I want is a basic server with the plugin localrecords. Which plugins can I safely delete from the plugins folder ?
3. Were can I change the text "Welcome on Fast 3.2.2c" the server displays if you join the server ?
4. How can I control the server from ingame, so I can ban/kick players, next/restart map, upload new tracks etc

Thanks guys ! :3

PS: I read the readme.txt but it doesn't cover much more than the basics sadly enough

Mort
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Re: Some questions regarding FAST 3

Post by Mort » 13 Oct 2009 01:06

1. Admins are configured in the "admin.tmu/[servername].xml.txt" file. Just edit to suit or use the "/admin" command in game when connected to the server. To enable callvotes even when an admin is on the server, just change "$_CallVoteTimeOut" in fast.php and change it to a positive number (remove the -)

2. Rather than delete, just add a ".bak" or something to the end, or better still, use the "disableplugin" section of the fast.php file. If you just want a basic server then the database (dedimania) plugin is probably the only one you really need to disable. If you delete them then they might be re-added if you do an update later on and forget to delete them again.

3. I use the "mywelcome" plugin myself, but you can change the message in the "locale.[language].xml.txt" file

4. When you connect to the server, just type /help to see the available commands, /adm is the one you will use most. You can also install something like the GPP plugin that will make it a lot more friendly to admin.

As for uploading tracks etc, that depends on how your hosting is setup. You will need some method to copy the new track files to the server, or you could use GPP to load TMX tracks if you wanted to.

FRK
highway camper
highway camper

Post by FRK » 14 Oct 2009 18:39

Thanks for your reply !

Okay everything worked out, thanks for that. Some other forum member assisted me with this (broric, thanks a bunch !! :gobananas: :3 ).

However, I still have 2 questions:
How do I add track karma to my server (using Fast3 with GPP)
How do I download/upload tracks to my server via ingame using GPP ?

Thanks !

Mort
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Mort » 15 Oct 2009 00:17

There is no "karma" plugin for FAST that I know of, but it does have a voting feature you can enable to allow people to vote on tracks.

As for uploading tracks, GPP only has an option to load TMX tracks, so the simplest way is to upload your tracks to TMX. If you need something else of your own then you need to copy/FTP them directly to the server yourself, add them to a matchsettings file and select that in-game.

FRK
highway camper
highway camper

Post by FRK » 18 Oct 2009 20:46

Mort wrote:There is no "karma" plugin for FAST that I know of, but it does have a voting feature you can enable to allow people to vote on tracks.

As for uploading tracks, GPP only has an option to load TMX tracks, so the simplest way is to upload your tracks to TMX. If you need something else of your own then you need to copy/FTP them directly to the server yourself, add them to a matchsettings file and select that in-game.
Thanks for your reply !

The voting feature doesn't really do what I want it to do. Now it only asks to vote for the challenge at the end, which is good, but it only asks it to people who have made a time on that map, which is not what I want.
I want it to ask every player at the end of the map to vote for the map... Is it possible to adjust this ?

How exactly do I upload them to TMX ? Moreover what exactly is TMX :oops: ?

Thanks !

Mort
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Mort » 19 Oct 2009 23:44

People can vote at anytime by using the "vote" menu in the top-left corner. The prompt should appear for all players (I think) but it won't appear if you have already voted for that track before.

TMX is the trackmania exchange community. Here is a link to the TMNForever one.
http://tmnforever.tm-exchange.com/
If you create a profle on that site you will be able to submit your own tracks, or you can just browse the existing ones to find the ones you want to add to your own server.