Race Records and Placeholders for Welcome message

Discover FAST, a records keeping server control script with a public records system called Dedimania, which will show records from the server on tm-exchange.com

Moderators: Slig, TM-Patrol

chms
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Race Records and Placeholders for Welcome message

Post by chms » 03 Apr 2010 11:41

Hi all.

I searched around for a while and did not find any hint about:

1) Records for race instead of laps
. I'm running a lap based server with 3 laps and want records for the total race time.
. How can I do that (without messing around with SQL and other stuff?

2) Using placeholders in locale.mywelcome.xml.txt

. For example the ones from another program:

Code: Select all

$zWelcome %nick%$z.%newline%This server has been visited by %nbplayers% players, and has %nbtracks% tracks.
. I just tried with %nick% and received a blank welcome window

I hope anyone can help.

I currently run Fast 3.2.2 with TMSiaB II

xis101
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF
Manialink(s): gn

Re: Race Records and Placeholders for Welcome message

Post by xis101 » 03 Apr 2010 18:06

1) try the local recs plugin: viewtopic.php?f=126&t=15789

2) don´t know, but if you look in existing plugins you will propably find the corrosponding FAST variables.

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 03 Apr 2010 18:48

chms wrote:2) Using placeholders in locale.mywelcome.xml.txt

. For example the ones from another program:

Code: Select all

$zWelcome %nick%$z.%newline%This server has been visited by %nbplayers% players, and has %nbtracks% tracks.
the available values for <welcome.message> are indicated just after it. You can't invent new ones but just can choose their order, to do more you will have to modify plugin.40.welcome.php.

chms
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by chms » 03 Apr 2010 21:50

xis101 wrote:1) try the local recs plugin: viewtopic.php?f=126&t=15789
That's what I searched for. Thanks.
I found that thread before but didn't understand the function at first.
Slig wrote:the available values for <welcome.message> are indicated just after it. You can't invent new ones but just can choose their order, to do more you will have to modify plugin.40.welcome.php.
Thanks for Your answer but I'm not referring to plugin.40.welcome.php but to plugin.99.mywelcome.php:
chms wrote:2) Using placeholders in locale.mywelcome.xml.txt

Mort
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Post by Mort » 04 Apr 2010 04:04

Records for lap servers are only recorded as lap times, not as total race time, as you could have every server running the same track with different numbers of laps.

Dedi and localrecs record them slightly differently. Dedi records the fastest lap time, while localrecs records the average lap time for the whole race.

Localrecs is probably closer to what you are after as it means you have to actually finish the race, and also be consistent for the entire race to get a good average time.

With dedis you only need to get in one good lap to get the record even if you don't finish the race.

xis101
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by xis101 » 04 Apr 2010 09:42

you are not completely right. dedimania recs are the best lap times, but the local recs (of mcms plugin) are in fact the total race times (not an average time)

Mort
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Mort » 04 Apr 2010 13:47

On my laps servers the MCM localrecs plugin has only ever shown the average lap time for an entire race. If it shows something different for you then maybe you have a different version of the localrecs plugin or a different setting to me?

xis101
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by xis101 » 04 Apr 2010 16:11

I'm curious. :) would you give me a link to your server? (about my version of mcm: should be the latest)

Mort
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Mort » 05 Apr 2010 08:50

I'm currently running a newer version of local recs that MCM hasn't released yet...

My server is BAG RACING Lap Dancer

chms
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by chms » 05 Apr 2010 17:10

Thanks again to xis101 for solving my first problem.

Anyone an idea on my 2nd?

svens
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMS, TMO

Post by svens » 06 Apr 2010 04:56

Slig wrote:the available values for <welcome.message> are indicated just after it. You can't invent new ones but just can choose their order, to do more you will have to modify plugin.40.welcome.php.
The solution has already been posted.

If you tell us exactly how your welcome message should look like, someone might even help you modifying it.

chms
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by chms » 06 Apr 2010 08:57

svens wrote: The solution has already been posted.
Not really. As I wrote before Sig's answer is referring to plugin.40.welcome.php but I'm in need of a solution for plugin.99.mywelcome.php.

Even if I change plugin.40.welcome.php in his answer to plugin.99.mywelcome.php it won't help - there are no values defined in plugin.99.mywelcome.php (as far as I can see).
Slig wrote:to do more you will have to modify
There is the problem: To get a message like
Welcome NickName to ServerName.
This Server has NumberOfTracks Tracks an has been visited by NumberOfPlayers Players.
where NumberOfPlayers should be the number of different players (maybe taken from the database of plugin.100.localdbf.php - players should be counted once in total)
it seems I would have to modify plugin.99.mywelcome.php but I don't have any Idea how to do this.

The only thing I found out is how to deactivate certain messages (for example: in gpp - I think - there is a message "Multilap Alert" making no sense on a lap based server).

Talking about deactivating. On my server dedimania appears to be down from time to time and when coming back it displays TOP messages making no sense at all.
So is there a way to TOTALLY disable dedimania?

Mort
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Mort » 06 Apr 2010 13:13

Dedimania is a *free* service provided by slig to the TM community at his own expense. At times it gets overloaded and you get timeouts and issues, but mostly it works perfectly.

If you want to disable it, that has been asked and answered serveral times before. Just disable (or rename) the plugin.08.database.php plugin.

As for the extra variables you want to use in mywelcome, you are now asking for things from multiple plugins written by different authors. The mywelcome plugin is one that was one basic in concept, so if you want it to do more, or have information from other author plugins you are more than welcome to adapt it however you want to. If you don't have the ability to do so yourself, then it might be worthwhile checking out something like XASECO which has plugins written that are a bit more developed to what you want to achieve.

chms
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by chms » 06 Apr 2010 20:50

Mort wrote:Dedimania is a *free* service provided by slig to the TM community at his own expense.
I didn't know. Therefor a GREAT thanks to slig as well as for the great work he did on Fast.
Mort wrote:At times it gets overloaded and you get timeouts and issues, but mostly it works perfectly.
Understandable. Our admin team (and myself) were very confused about. Especially when receiving TOP messages from the race before we were really surprised.
Mort wrote:If you want to disable it, that has been asked and answered serveral times before. Just disable (or rename) the plugin.08.database.php plugin.
Thanks. We are still discussing this step.
Mort wrote:As for the extra variables you want to use in mywelcome, you are now asking for things from multiple plugins written by different authors. The mywelcome plugin is one that was one basic in concept, so if you want it to do more, or have information from other author plugins you are more than welcome to adapt it however you want to.
So I'll have to wait if anyone expands the mywelcome as I can't do. Well, I can live without - it just would be nice....
Mort wrote:it might be worthwhile checking out something like XASECO
In other programs I have to mess around with SQL and other stuff, so I prefer programs like FAST where I don't have to.
So just looking forward for further "expansions".

Thanks for Your answers and - again - to slig and the other authors for FAST and the add-ons.