Configure Warm Up

Discover FAST, a records keeping server control script with a public records system called Dedimania, which will show records from the server on tm-exchange.com

Moderators: Slig, TM-Patrol

miguel201086
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Configure Warm Up

Post by miguel201086 » 19 May 2010 10:12

Hello!

I need professional help with the FAST.
FAST is generating problems with the Warm Up.
I set 3 minutes Warm Up in ServerMania because some tracks take almost 2 minutes for complete a lap.
Launch FAST correctly but when passes between 15-30 seconds, the Warm Up stops suddenly and race starts.
This problem happens in all tracks. I'm desesperated.

Somebody expert and professional with FAST can help me?
I leave a ambicious project because this FAST problem.

Thanks for attention,
Friendly,
Miguel201086

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Re: Configure Warm Up

Post by Slig » 19 May 2010 11:29

miguel201086 wrote:I set 3 minutes Warm Up in ServerMania
how are you doing that ? the warmup value in Time Attacks and Laps modes is not minutes. The value is... hum... impossible to say what exactly, it's not a fixed time, partially related to the author time, but not exactly either.

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 19 May 2010 14:57

Not sure what the setting means exactly, in laps/team mode it does relate to laps for sure...

for other modes i am not so sure but ...CP's are typically 5-10 seconds apart on most tracks ...so setting 3 and getting 15-30 seconds seems to match up with amount of CP's ?

Just a thought, i dont exactly know hehe.

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 19 May 2010 19:12

jamie_macdonald wrote:Not sure what the setting means exactly, in laps/team mode it does relate to laps for sure...
In Rounds/Cup/Team the warmup value is the number of rounds
In TA/Stunts/Laps it has some relation with time, and because while wu the scripts do not get checkpoints info, they can't override it (to be related on number of laps for Laps mode for example)

In the case of Fast 3.2.2c, some older dedicated release made it a really long wu time, and that version of Fast stop it related to the TA timelimit. (exactly 20s + WU value * TimeAttackLimit * 5%). And for laps it was (wrongly) also based on TA timelimit in the same way, so change your TA timelimit and wu value to set the wu time in TA.
In Fast 3.2.2u, in Laps mode the script end the wu using that : ((5s + AuthorTime + FinishTimeout) / nb laps of author time) * WU value , which should be a little more than the average lap time * wu value.
In next Fast, for Laps mode i will try to make it a little more like : average lap time * wu value

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 19 May 2010 19:35

Ah cool .. that explains it ^^

Nice workaround slig :thumbsup:

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 19 May 2010 23:34

jamie_macdonald wrote:Ah cool .. that explains it ^^
I just have tested it again, and the actual dedicated handle the wu duration far nicer than old ones in Laps and TA modes : builtin it make the wu having the time of about the number of 1 runs/lap * wu value. So the Fast code which try to do it is obsolete and i will remove it.
On current Fast code you can eventually remove that obsolete feature by removing the code after '// end of warmup in TA/Stunts/Laps mode ?' in the playersEverysecond() function of plugin.01.players.php