request Livestream (Webradio) music plugin for fast

Discover FAST, a records keeping server control script with a public records system called Dedimania, which will show records from the server on tm-exchange.com

Moderators: Slig, TM-Patrol

pennyroyal
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

request Livestream (Webradio) music plugin for fast

Post by pennyroyal » 26 Jul 2010 19:47

Is there someone who could tweak the musicbox plugin so it could play *.pls files from Winamp/Shoutcast?

Or could it be done with a new plugin?

maau
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: Finally I've TMUF ^^

Re: request Livestream (Webradio) music plugin for fast

Post by maau » 26 Jul 2010 20:49

As of now, the only controller I know that can play Web Streams is TPS.

You'll see, to play music in TM the whole file has to be downloaded before it starts playing, and with a radio, it's impossible as it would never finish downloading because it's a permanent data download.

TPS can play it because, somehow, it "cuts" the radio streaming in parts that are downloaded and played according to each track

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Gekko » 27 Jul 2010 00:40

You can rent a web radio relay for TM HERE.

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 27 Jul 2010 11:42

Gekko :D , That's it boycott the forum, say it's not worth posting on and then use it to advertise your service ... how cool does that look? :lol:

Anyway back ontopic, It would indeed be cool to have a plugin written for fast that does similar to the TPS streaming thing, after all it is probably the best controller (does the job just fine). However even though fast is the best controller for racing and such it has no native music support built in, so maybe modding xaseco would be an easier tweak?

I would be very fond if someone picked this up for fast as a seperate plugin, it's the best for getting the job done and recieves little attention for plugins and such (well the less important "toy" kind anyway). pennyroyal maybe PM glider and see if he has time for a side project for his GPP ? it may be worth a try, but i am not sure how busy he is nowdays.

If i have the skill i would do it myself :thumbsup:

maau
road tourist
road tourist

Post by maau » 27 Jul 2010 17:29

Well, my reply wasn't a TPS advert, as I also explained why it is -until now- impossible to do it.

Perhaps it would be a cool idea to port radios to the servers, I know a bunch that broadcast in .ogg

From my common sense, some radios show the song title in the broadcast, perhaps the plugin could take that to cut the radio on the fly. But I also think that the time split when the song is cutted should be less than the track time limit to avoid repetitions.

I still think the best way to implement radio should be something like RCP4[Live], it doesn't play the song as "music" but as sounds. That means that any player can play any song he wants apart from the rest and that he can switch through songs in the middle of the track. In this case, if a broadcast cut finished playing, it could immediately play the next one.

Definitely, it would be an awesome plugin :D

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by jamie_macdonald » 27 Jul 2010 19:02

Hehe i got ya Maau (edited above ^^) ...must have been hard to get the segment lengths right ....but i suppose with strict race timers it could work obviously with a little latency, still clever concept, Gekko did well to manage it i guess, i wouldn't know where to start :thumbsup:

maau
road tourist
road tourist

Post by maau » 27 Jul 2010 20:58

I think we should begin by learning how to code lol.

I don't know, maybe some coder can take my common sense into a plugin

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Gekko » 27 Jul 2010 23:24

No advertise, no direct link, no rules broken :)
I wanna just be like the others noob around the world.
You are nice, boys, but business is business, and i live with this.
So please, don't bother me.
Since ESL admins broken my primary job (pc hardware seller), i started to do what really i can do, coding.
So i have 2 objectives:

- Destroy ESL (in Italy i reached this objective)
- Teach to the world how to code ideas.

You wanna know how to code the radio plugin?????
You really want??? You want for Fast?? ( Slig sure knows how to code it :) ) You want for xAseco?? (Xymph don't think huahuhua)
So, you know where to post and ask for it.
:thumbsup:

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 28 Jul 2010 10:06

Making possible to play a real webradio streaming would be very complicated (need to cut the stream at the right time, store it as a .ogg, then share it to the clients games), and probably not more legal than a simple but long playlist (but the legal thing is not the problem here, you can make a playlist using public domain musics if you really want to).

I guess than TPS use a playlist too, but handle it nicely, having its own high bandwidth server to store songs (to have them downloaded fast), and show it nicely in the game hud.

@Gekko: just to be sure... are the tps radio songs really coming from a webradio streaming ? live ? Or is it "just" a long playlist ?

Frostbeule
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMUF, TMNF

Post by Frostbeule » 28 Jul 2010 10:08

you really did destroy ESL or what? i notice the TMNF section is removed. how strange, considering you were the first country who had EPS. quite the opposite of a development compared to other country sections.

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by jamie_macdonald » 28 Jul 2010 12:03

Frostbeule wrote:
you really did destroy ESL or what? i notice the TMNF section is removed. how strange, considering you were the first country who had EPS. quite the opposite of a development compared to other country sections.
ESL does a pretty good job of doing that itself, the UK community for ESL is just as full of beurocracy and cumbersome league entry methods ...So i think you are less responsible that you make out Gekko,

And further to that, this bit:

"You are nice, boys, but business is business, and i live with this.
So please, don't bother me."

You must be a very bad business person, cause i from that attitude would never buy something of someone so "cocky" ...Really not an admirable attitude especially as i am only here to help people, not to make your life hard, the word arrogance springs to mind :roll:

ESL now has some new admins in our region at least (scince Alex, DD left) so maybe they have a little hope, but that cumbersome site and the rules on rules on rules take some of the simplicity and fun out of the game, i guess that's why i chose to help ET in the first place, as it is simpler, nicer and does not promise false fame and all the rest that ESL tries to give an image of. I wish anyone luck in this game but they do not make it easy for themselves to survive i feel.

Ontopic, yes it would definately be hard to code, and no we do not need you to do it or provide Gekko, as you will only remove it on your next "hissy fit" ...so let's leave it to someone who has more pride and less greed :thumbsup:

Frostbeule
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by Frostbeule » 28 Jul 2010 15:35

i feel like the UK community for ESL, atleast for TMNF, is doing a pretty damn good job, and it got quite alot of activity (although it definitely could be more).

and yeah, maybe ESL is a bit more "complicated", but it's something you learn after a while and then it's no longer a problem.

now, i still wanna know what Gekko meant with that he wrote. he deliberately destroyed the ESL-Italy section for TMNF or what?

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by jamie_macdonald » 28 Jul 2010 20:19

Yeah i think here we can start to make it a little bigger, the new guy dazzy is pretty friendly and quite a few new UK only events on the horizon for the moment, plus it's nice to see a united league in there too on ESL, (even tho ET rule hehe)

... regardless of my league org. or moral preferences i'm happy to support and play in any as it's fun and the more the merrier eh :thumbsup:

And yeah i guess Gekko feels he is the TM mafia over there or sumin :lol:

Frostbeule
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by Frostbeule » 28 Jul 2010 22:19

jamie_macdonald wrote: ... regardless of my league org. or moral preferences i'm happy to support and play in any as it's fun and the more the merrier eh :thumbsup:
word =)
jamie_macdonald wrote:And yeah i guess Gekko feels he is the TM mafia over there or sumin :lol:
yeah. such an odd statement to do, it made me curious. gief explanation plz Gekko.

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Gekko » 31 Jul 2010 12:36

Slig wrote:Making possible to play a real webradio streaming would be very complicated (need to cut the stream at the right time, store it as a .ogg, then share it to the clients games), and probably not more legal than a simple but long playlist (but the legal thing is not the problem here, you can make a playlist using public domain musics if you really want to).

I guess than TPS use a playlist too, but handle it nicely, having its own high bandwidth server to store songs (to have them downloaded fast), and show it nicely in the game hud.

@Gekko: just to be sure... are the tps radio songs really coming from a webradio streaming ? live ? Or is it "just" a long playlist ?
To Slig : Real Web Radio Live with 1 track time of gap (so you hear what they are broadcasting now after 4:30 / 5:00 depending the track lenght. Yes i calculated the bytes needed for 10 sec of song at some kind of frequency / mono / stereo). I use 2 server to do that, i think now you understand how is possible. :)

About ESL i talk about Italy. Italy had very bad admins in ESL. Was bad damaged. I never joined ESL community.
And like all the time, ahuahahu, you go against me, ahhuahuaa.....
I talk of hot water, you talk of cold water aahuuahua. Is ridicolous. You gone OT, and the moderator where is???
Last edited by Gekko on 01 Aug 2010 00:35, edited 1 time in total.