No live times?

Discover FAST, a records keeping server control script with a public records system called Dedimania, which will show records from the server on tm-exchange.com

Moderators: Slig, TM-Patrol

intrepid_war
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMN TM2

No live times?

Post by intrepid_war » 21 Jul 2012 00:52

Hi,

I finally got my TM 2 server running today. By that I mean other people can now join it. Because I had been on my own while setting up everything and testing fast 4 I never noticed that there was no live times window or widget. I prefer fast 4 as its real clean and doesnt over bear the tracks.

There is a local records window and a dedi mania window. For some reason there is no window with the live times on the track being raced at the time. As you hit the cps a little window pos up sometimes which shows whose first and how many seconds the others are behind but that's pretty useless and random.

My question is how do I add a widget (or I'm assuming I'm missing a plug in) to fast 4 which displays the live times for the track. Someone on the server said it was annoying not seeing the live times and only getting to see the times at the podium. I had to agree and kinda baffled as to what i missed. Thanks for any help. :thumbsup:

intrepid_war
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Re: No live times?

Post by intrepid_war » 21 Jul 2012 10:38

I downloaded two new plug ins today and I now have a live time widget. But it only displays 5 times. Is there any way to make this bigger?

I also have a big black box in the middle of the hud that displays the current map and next map. This is a bit silly as the current map and next map are displayed quite clearly on the right already. It is very distracting and annoying. Anybody know how to get rid of that because I just can't seem to be able to? Thanks :thumbsup:

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Post by Alinoa » 23 Jul 2012 10:19

You may receive more answers in the maniaplanet forums :wink:
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 24 Jul 2012 13:41

intrepid_war wrote:My question is how do I add a widget (or I'm assuming I'm missing a plug in) to fast 4 which displays the live times for the track. Someone on the server said it was annoying not seeing the live times and only getting to see the times at the podium. I had to agree and kinda baffled as to what i missed. Thanks for any help. :thumbsup:
And my question is: is it so better to have permanent panels everywhere on the screen while playing, instead of just pressing 'tab' (or a configured pad/stick/wheel button) to see them ?

I guess that if you really want many panels for some half-useful/half-useless usage while playing, then you should probably use another controller allowing plugins with lot of panels (not that i am against them, just that how the hud is plenty of things or not is a matter of taste).
Not that Fast forbid such plugins, but that nobody wrote them, and as i nearly never play TA i was for sure not focused on it.

Btw, you can still go in the code of the plugin you found and increase it's size ;)

intrepid_war
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by intrepid_war » 26 Jul 2012 12:29

Thanks for the replies.

I do not want loads of panels at all. In my first post I said "I prefer fast 4 as its real clean and doesnt over bear the tracks." ( what I meant was with loads of silly and useless panels.) and I even asked how to get rid of the black rectangle that display current and next map info. Do you know how to do that? Because that info is already on the right. It's pretty pointles having it displayed in a huge box right in the centre of the hud and on the right at the same time..

Lastly I think I worded my last post wrong. What I meant by bigger for live five was instead of just 5 live scores can it be made to display 10 live times or more even. It's not going to make much difference but I was just wondering if it was possible.

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 24 Aug 2012 02:00

intrepid_war wrote:I do not want loads of panels at all. In my first post I said "I prefer fast 4 as its real clean and doesnt over bear the tracks." ( what I meant was with loads of silly and useless panels.) and I even asked how to get rid of the black rectangle that display current and next map info. Do you know how to do that? Because that info is already on the right. It's pretty pointles having it displayed in a huge box right in the centre of the hud and on the right at the same time..
edit fast.php, search $_mapinfo_default then set it to 0