FAST 3.1.3o (2008-03-08) TMS/TMO/oldTMN/oldTMU

Discover FAST, a records keeping server control script with a public records system called Dedimania, which will show records from the server on tm-exchange.com

Moderators: Slig, TM-Patrol

Ra1DeN
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Ra1DeN » 12 Mar 2007 15:56

Hi all!
I need help with one question.I am organisator of one championship.But it's not important.I need help with Laps mode.

When I finishing starts time counter(15 sec).But I need to increase this time to 10 minutes. I know that is possibility.But I don't know how?You may see it here:

1st time 15:20:00
21st time 16:57:29

I saw on this screen title "Dedimania" and on the top FAST 3.1.2.

Please, help me!

Thank u.

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 12 Mar 2007 19:16

Ra1DeN wrote:When I finishing starts time counter(15 sec).But I need to increase this time to 10 minutes. I know that is possibility.But I don't know how?You may see it here:
It's really stange that you get 15s to finish after 1st ! Verify you matchsettings file, you probably have <finishtimeout> set to 15000 (ms) ! You can try to set it to 0 (adaptative which should not be bad most time), or set it with the value you want (thinking it's milliseconds).
Else with fast you can change it with a command too : /adm ftimeout xx (seconds if value is "small", ms if value is big)

NBAA wrote:Don't know how it would work if you have a lot of time attack tracks, and a couple of lap maps on which you drive time attack on. Then you maybe want to calculate from lap time instead? F.ie. authortime divided on number of laps?
Number of laps is not always easy to get :( . If fast is not remote it can be read in the map file, or in rounds/team/laps mode it is known when a round/race is finished. Finally is the file is not directly readable it is probably easier to use the top1 time...
I didn't tested if the TA time can be change fur current played map, it was not the case for tms/tmo/tmn dedicated, but the rounds pointslimit was not settable for cyurrent map on old servers and it is now on tmu dedicated. It make a big difference : changing time at beginning of map or changing it before changing map is not the same problem ;)

Btw, what default computed TA time would you like ? just a multiplier of map/lap (author or top1) time ? x6 ? x7 ? x8 ? something different ?

Fisch.666
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMUF, TMNF

Post by Fisch.666 » 12 Mar 2007 19:54

Slig wrote:
Fisch.666 wrote:I think this is a problem with php5 and 64 bit system, maybe the can fix this in the future...
:(
Did you tried with another php5 version ? or a php5 built on a 32bit system ?
I switched to Onyx, so i had no chance to try another php version. But i think this fix here:

viewtopic.php?t=7617

should work with FAST too... :D

NBAA
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU, TM²C
Manialink(s): nbaa / 2d2d

Post by NBAA » 12 Mar 2007 21:47

Slig wrote:It make a big difference : changing time at beginning of map or changing it before changing map is not the same problem ;)
Ok. Let's see what clever stuff you might manage to dig up :) Both for remote and on the server itself. Maybe two procedures? If it's different remote vs local.
Slig wrote:Btw, what default computed TA time would you like ? just a multiplier of map/lap (author or top1) time ? x6 ? x7 ? x8 ? something different ?
If you make a config file for it, the users can adjust themselves? Including a parameter to disable/enable the plugin in the plugin config. And maybe a /command in TMU.

I guess the top1 time will also change during the TA, so if the TA time cannot be changed during the map, maybe author time is the best reference anyway. If you can read the author time. Maybe for local, but not for remote, since you couldn't read the number of laps from remote? Maybe x7 is an ok default multiplier? Could the multiplier be with decimales?
2D2DNBAA -> Too Drive to Drunk -> Join my server
My tracks@TmExchange: TMU / TMS / TMO / TMN / TM2

milllan
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by milllan » 13 Mar 2007 09:03

It would be great to make a solid plugin for fast... aseco one is half done :S ... one more reason not to use aseco anymore..
Also, it would be usefull to reduce time by 30sec - 1 min if track is restarted (optional)

hm, my settings for aseco plugin are ..

Multiplayer 7.5
Min time 4:45
Max time 6:20

But if a track is multilap validated with 2 or more laps... than time is too big ... so maybe read the track record, or last place in records (30?).. or maybe compare track gold/author with record, so if difference is huge ( multilap) use record time for calculation ...

Also for calculation use gold time .. not author .. couse gold is usually a round number

Also sometimes aseco plugin it gets time wrong .. if a track is added next etc ..
Last edited by milllan on 13 Mar 2007 15:07, edited 1 time in total.
g.Serbia.miןlan ®

http://www.myspace.com/milllan

fredde
sunday driver
sunday driver

Class 'Aseco' not found in

Post by fredde » 13 Mar 2007 11:27

got a bit further...keep trying

/F

Ra1DeN
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Ra1DeN » 13 Mar 2007 12:20

It's really stange that you get 15s to finish after 1st ! Verify you matchsettings file, you probably have <finishtimeout> set to 15000 (ms) ! You can try to set it to 0 (adaptative which should not be bad most time), or set it with the value you want (thinking it's milliseconds).
Else with fast you can change it with a command too : /adm ftimeout xx (seconds if value is "small", ms if value is big)
Could you give me that matchsetting file please?I really need it.

P.S. I forgot to say that we have TMN server and /adm ftimeout xx not supported!

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 13 Mar 2007 17:21

Ra1DeN wrote:P.S. I forgot to say that we have TMN server and /adm ftimeout xx not supported!
oh... for tmn the finishtimeout can't be set at all : it depends upon the author time. So if you really want to increase it then your only way is to make the map with a bad author time, and so give more time to players.....
milllan wrote:Also sometimes aseco plugin it gets time wrong .. if a track is added next etc ..
there is no really good way to avoid it. perhaps on tmu the time can be corrected at the beginning if the map have changed. I'll take some time to test that soon.

Ra1DeN
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Ra1DeN » 14 Mar 2007 17:46

ok..thanks for help.

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 15 Mar 2007 16:59

Slig wrote:I didn't tested if the TA time can be change fur current played map, it was not the case for tms/tmo/tmn dedicated, but the rounds pointslimit was not settable for current map on old servers and it is now on tmu dedicated. It make a big difference : changing time at beginning of map or changing it before changing map is not the same problem ;)
I made a quick test this morning : the TA time can't be change on current map, so have to be set before the map is loaded, and not really possible to avoid some strange effect in case of restart by vote or external manager and map list modified by external manager. I'll try to see what can be made, but it probably can't work perfectly in all cases. :?

NBAA
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU, TM²C
Manialink(s): nbaa / 2d2d

Post by NBAA » 24 Mar 2007 14:23

So, no luck with custom variable timeattack then...?

Another question:
Which the Fast command "/custom", is it possible to reload the matchsettings file, without restarting the server?
Which tm-cmd arg do i then have to use?
2D2DNBAA -> Too Drive to Drunk -> Join my server
My tracks@TmExchange: TMU / TMS / TMO / TMN / TM2

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 25 Mar 2007 06:50

NBAA wrote:Which the Fast command "/custom", is it possible to reload the matchsettings file, without restarting the server?
Which tm-cmd arg do i then have to use?
yes, i use it so often than i forget to make a real integrated command :oops:

/custom LoadMatchSettings file.txt

( file.txt is in GameData/Tracks/ , so use MatchSettings/file.txt if it's in GameData/Tracks/MatchSettings/ )

Muskelman
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Muskelman » 26 Mar 2007 14:05

You wrote that there will be a local database in future.

When will it be realized?

Fast ist a super TMN-Server-Tool, my big respect to the developer :-)

Greets

Muskelman

v22
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

whats up ? bad database response

Post by v22 » 27 Mar 2007 19:07

[03/27,22:00:01] ##############################################################
[03/27,22:00:01] Connection to TM server: 127.0.0.1:5001
[03/27,22:00:01] *** TMN Server (0.1.7.4,2006-05-30): callback mode. ***
[03/27,22:00:01] Loading plugins...
# Autoupdate plugin inactive: the module php_zip is missing !
[03/27,22:00:01] ************* (db.0) *************
Dataserver connection on $l[http://dedimania.dndnetworks.com/tmstats/?do=stat]Dedimania$l ...
[03/27,22:00:02]
*** (XmlrpcDB->RequestWaitArray() - message fault) ***
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>302 Found</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Found</H1>
The document has moved <A HREF="http://zanda.lunarpages.com/suspended.p ... ere</A>.<P>
<HR>
<ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.37 Server at dedimania.dndnetworks.com Port 80</ADDRESS>
</BODY></HTML>

!!!!!!
!!!!!! Error bad database response or contents (302,Moved)
!!!!!!
[03/27,22:00:02]
*** (databaseInit - response) ***

Muskelman
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Muskelman » 28 Mar 2007 07:59

@v22

The database was down!!!

Now it runs again!