Looking for two plugins for TMN aseco/rasp

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Post Reply
User avatar
TS#20HD
road tourist
road tourist
Posts: 84
Joined: 30 Apr 2007 00:34
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN
Location: West Virginia
Contact:

Looking for two plugins for TMN aseco/rasp

Post by TS#20HD » 31 Aug 2007 20:35

I dont know if its possible or if it has been done already, or somthing sililar that can be altered, but Ive used the search function and cannot find what Im looking for.

What Id like if possible is 1, You cannot karma vote a track unless you complete the track, and 2, Somehow restrict local records to a certain group, either on the guestlist or some other way to limit who can or cannot make local records. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 1493
Joined: 03 Jun 2006 13:24
Owned TM-games: TMU
Contact:

Re: Looking for two plugins for TMN aseco/rasp

Post by Assembler Maniac » 01 Sep 2007 03:50

Requiring people to finish a track before downvoting it is a bad idea (IMO).

Example: I get on a server, track comes up, 2 out of 20 people finish, there are only a few records showing, and the records are several weeks old. I can't vote the track down, and neither can anyone else, so the admin doesn't see it having a bad karma, so it stays there and just forces players to quit when it comes up.

Is this what you had in mind?
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
P4 3.2Ghz @ 3.35Ghz
2G Kingston Hyper-X DDR 2
ATI Radeon X850 XT Platinum 256M
Sound Blaster Audigy II
2x 120G Maxtor Hard drives
HDTV Tuner Card (Fusion 5 Gold)

User avatar
TS#20HD
road tourist
road tourist
Posts: 84
Joined: 30 Apr 2007 00:34
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN
Location: West Virginia
Contact:

Re: Looking for two plugins for TMN aseco/rasp

Post by TS#20HD » 01 Sep 2007 06:59

Assembler Maniac wrote:Requiring people to finish a track before downvoting it is a bad idea (IMO).

Example: I get on a server, track comes up, 2 out of 20 people finish, there are only a few records showing, and the records are several weeks old. I can't vote the track down, and neither can anyone else, so the admin doesn't see it having a bad karma, so it stays there and just forces players to quit when it comes up.

Is this what you had in mind?
Not exactly no. However, we do rotate tracks quite often and would quite possibly notice a track that cannot be finished my a majority of the players. The problem is, there are a few players that just come in and downvote every track, without even trying. I dont want to restrict voting in this manner but how does one keep this from happening?

User avatar
Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 1304
Joined: 02 May 2006 15:13
Owned TM-games: tmuf
Contact:

Re: Looking for two plugins for TMN aseco/rasp

Post by Mistral » 01 Sep 2007 09:53

Assembler Maniac wrote:Requiring people to finish a track before downvoting it is a bad idea (IMO).

Example: I get on a server, track comes up, 2 out of 20 people finish, there are only a few records showing, and the records are several weeks old. I can't vote the track down, and neither can anyone else, so the admin doesn't see it having a bad karma, so it stays there and just forces players to quit when it comes up.

Is this what you had in mind?
IMHO being able to vote for tracks you dont even finish (serveral times!) is exactly what makes Karma senseless.

On my server you have to finish a track 5 times (at the moment) to be able to evaluate it. Sorry it's no plugin, but integrated into the whole script and has a modified database.

Edit: Players can't add tracks onto my server (only admins can and do on player request - immediate test). So really bad ("undrivable") tracks shouldnt be online at all. I admit this system isn't working if player can add all kind of tracks on their own without any control.
Last edited by Mistral on 01 Sep 2007 10:35, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
XXX.MAX
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Posts: 191
Joined: 26 Jun 2006 12:23
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN, TMU, TMH
Manialink(s): xxx
Location: WALES
Contact:

Re: Looking for two plugins for TMN aseco/rasp

Post by XXX.MAX » 01 Sep 2007 10:02

Bloody hell Mistral, do you have to have a written report on your desk by Monday too? :D
Image
XXX Team Site: http://WALESXXX.awardspace.com
Stats site only on when I remember to fire it up

User avatar
Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 1304
Joined: 02 May 2006 15:13
Owned TM-games: tmuf
Contact:

Re: Looking for two plugins for TMN aseco/rasp

Post by Mistral » 01 Sep 2007 10:38

XXX.MAX wrote:Bloody hell Mistral, do you have to have a written report on your desk by Monday too? :D
I do have a written evaluation report on my desk(top) every time i wanna see it.

User avatar
Jackel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Posts: 316
Joined: 06 Oct 2006 09:57
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMU,&TMS
Location: Florida, USA
Contact:

Re: Looking for two plugins for TMN aseco/rasp

Post by Jackel » 01 Sep 2007 15:26

wasn't it Cow that modified his TMN server to where people who is over a certain rank i.e:30,000 and up unable to vote for a track?
Founder and Admin of Cobra Gaming Systems.

Image
Image
Image

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Posts: 216
Joined: 20 Mar 2007 02:53
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO
Contact:

Re: Looking for two plugins for TMN aseco/rasp

Post by cow » 01 Sep 2007 17:57

MOOO
yeah I rank limited everything almost.
I think it is 50k to vote karma (cowma ;)).. works mostly well you will still get one or two below 50k that just hate everything but by cutting out the3 rank millions, you get rid of alot of negative votes..
I also do cowma and i find people are more likely to vote negative for a track than positive...so i have more ways someone can vote postive than negative. and I have my bot harras people that vote negative "lets play your track next.. or if your were a lower rank you might enjoy this track"
and 100k to add a track from tmx ( i have actually met two people above 100k that are great track builders but they are the exception).. i will probably limit this to just admins and have a test server for tracks

also using the mini admin script here.. i let a lot of server functionality only for members of my team, like juking and such..
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Posts: 1390
Joined: 08 Jun 2007 18:48
Owned TM-games: all
Contact:

Re: Looking for two plugins for TMN aseco/rasp

Post by nocturne » 16 Sep 2007 17:15

Well, can always have it limited to only ranked player, as been requested to me at several points... still would require a mysql query though.

Personally, I stole cow's ranklimit code and somebody else's getkarma function to display more like TMU, and it's worked great set to ~120k.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5685
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: Looking for two plugins for TMN aseco/rasp

Post by Xymph » 15 Nov 2007 15:37

TS#20HD wrote:I dont know if its possible or if it has been done already, or somthing sililar that can be altered, but Ive used the search function and cannot find what Im looking for.

What Id like if possible is 1, You cannot karma vote a track unless you complete the track,
This will be a new option in the upcoming v0.89 release. The option can be configured from 0 (not requiring to complete the track before voting) to any number of finishes, and does not need database modifications.
TS#20HD wrote:and 2, Somehow restrict local records to a certain group, either on the guestlist or some other way to limit who can or cannot make local records. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Why would you want to allow other players outside your elite group to race on your server, but deny them the ability to set records? That's not really fair, isn't it?
In that case it would be simpler to just password the server and not let anyone outside your elite group into the server at all.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

User avatar
TS#20HD
road tourist
road tourist
Posts: 84
Joined: 30 Apr 2007 00:34
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN
Location: West Virginia
Contact:

Re: Looking for two plugins for TMN aseco/rasp

Post by TS#20HD » 08 Dec 2007 05:22

Xymph wrote:
TS#20HD wrote:I dont know if its possible or if it has been done already, or somthing sililar that can be altered, but Ive used the search function and cannot find what Im looking for.

What Id like if possible is 1, You cannot karma vote a track unless you complete the track,
This will be a new option in the upcoming v0.89 release. The option can be configured from 0 (not requiring to complete the track before voting) to any number of finishes, and does not need database modifications.
TS#20HD wrote:and 2, Somehow restrict local records to a certain group, either on the guestlist or some other way to limit who can or cannot make local records. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Why would you want to allow other players outside your elite group to race on your server, but deny them the ability to set records? That's not really fair, isn't it?
In that case it would be simpler to just password the server and not let anyone outside your elite group into the server at all.
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I just noticed this reply. I beleve my intentions were misunderstood, and I except fault for that because I ddint explain in detail the problem we were having at the time. So, my apologies for sounding unfair, but I DID NOT call our group ELITE at any point and I think that was unfair for you to say. Like I said though, problem is solved. And thank you btw for the .90. It runs wonderfully on our server and the additions are great. Thanks for you continued work on an excellent program.

Post Reply