ASECO/RASP v0.81 released!

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.81 released!

Post by soehest » 16 Oct 2007 15:43

Xymph wrote:
w1lla wrote:What i do miss in aseco is an public database which was made in the early days of aseco. I know it could be hard time to make one but it would be nice to see the recs that are driven on the servers with the new aseco v0.81 but it would be nice to see aseco recs on tmx or another site to see the recs what are driven offline and/or online please give comment if it could be possible. But i really like the update which is very :1010
Well, that's a different ball game. :roll: The big hurdle with that is of course setting up and maintaining a public database somewhere, and I don't know what is required for that. Interfacing with TMX's records doesn't seem feasible though as those are based on offline replays, afaik. Also, I prefer to keep my own TMN server running with a local database, so testing the public records code for a possible future ASECO/RASP release would be tricky... but maybe with help from someone else the public database can be revived.

Meanwhile, v0.82 is now out. 8)

Xymph
You must have seen this one coming ;-) Wouldn't it be possible to use the dedimania records by writing a "dedimania" plugin for aseco. I have been running fast (a modifed version) on top on aseco which is working out fine, but really would like a more streamlined plugin for this :-) Did you say 0.82. Everyday is like christmas with you ;-)

Regards
Daniel

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 16 Oct 2007 16:28

soehest wrote:You must have seen this one coming ;-) Wouldn't it be possible to use the dedimania records by writing a "dedimania" plugin for aseco. I have been running fast (a modifed version) on top on aseco which is working out fine, but really would like a more streamlined plugin for this :-)
No, I didn't see that one coming because, uhm, I don't really know what Dedimania is or does... :oops: I found and looked around on their site, which doesn't really make it much clearer yet, but I did notice Aseco support is "Coming soon", so maybe those people are already working on it?
soehest wrote:Did you say 0.82. Everyday is like christmas with you ;-)
You're welcome, merry serving. :lol:
Xymph
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Post by cow » 16 Oct 2007 16:54

dedimania is shared records.. fast uses it..
i use a gutted fast to just get dedimania recs
it is an easy way to share recs between multiple servers
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by soehest » 16 Oct 2007 17:09

Xymph wrote:
soehest wrote:You must have seen this one coming ;-) Wouldn't it be possible to use the dedimania records by writing a "dedimania" plugin for aseco. I have been running fast (a modifed version) on top on aseco which is working out fine, but really would like a more streamlined plugin for this :-)
No, I didn't see that one coming because, uhm, I don't really know what Dedimania is or does... :oops: I found and looked around on their site, which doesn't really make it much clearer yet, but I did notice Aseco support is "Coming soon", so maybe those people are already working on it?
soehest wrote:Did you say 0.82. Everyday is like christmas with you ;-)
You're welcome, merry serving. :lol:
Xymph
Was thinking of the global database request :-) But as you really aren't into that you didn't see it coming :-) Dedimania.net (please correct me if i am wrong) Is a community for Trackmania that features remote access to serves using apps located on the server, servers lists and a database of records which are pumped to dedimania.net using some of the scripts mentioned on the page (Onyx and FAST) When either of theese are being run on a dedicated server, it will send and recieve records from dedimania.net, but both are full featured scripts including admin and user commands. So to be able to run it on top on an aseco installation fast needs to be modified to remove all those extra commands. Fast is a script for both tmu/tmn which again gives some overhead, and i am thinking it could be nicely integrated into aseco/rasp instead. Never tried onyx think it is a java app.

I Have included a link maybe that will clarify things a bit? :-)

http://dedimania.com/RPC2/server.php

My point of all this is that a database holding records already exists so there is no need to reinvent that :-) It is all thoughts please share if you like :-)

Regards

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 16 Oct 2007 17:26

soehest wrote:Was thinking of the global database request :-) But as you really aren't into that you didn't see it coming :-) Dedimania.net (please correct me if i am wrong) Is a community for Trackmania that features remote access to serves using apps located on the server, servers lists and a database of records which are pumped to dedimania.net using some of the scripts mentioned on the page (Onyx and FAST) When either of theese are being run on a dedicated server, it will send and recieve records from dedimania.net, but both are full featured scripts including admin and user commands. So to be able to run it on top on an aseco installation fast needs to be modified to remove all those extra commands. Fast is a script for both tmu/tmn which again gives some overhead, and i am thinking it could be nicely integrated into aseco/rasp instead. Never tried onyx think it is a java app.

I Have included a link maybe that will clarify things a bit? :-)

http://dedimania.com/RPC2/server.php

My point of all this is that a database holding records already exists so there is no need to reinvent that :-) It is all thoughts please share if you like :-)
Ok thanks for the explanation. It sounds like between AM's work on a public database using mysqli, and the Dedimania site, there are two possible approaches to public records. I will take a closer look at Dedimania (also at the FAST sources) to try and understand how it all works... later. My first priority now that v0.82 is out, is to get back to the chat-based voting stuff.

Xymph
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S

Post by El Fuego » 18 Oct 2007 15:53

Sort out chat votes stuff first. :)

But linking/integrating Dedimania records would be superb! :D
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 21 Oct 2007 20:20

Xymph wrote:
cow wrote:and the window can be too large on some peoples screens forcing them to shut down tmn as they cant see the ok button to close it.
That may have been caused by the server output still being included - see above. I found 10 lines of output per page to fit fine, the /helpall and /admin help output is actually 15 lines per page. Also, long chat lines are wrapped after 40 characters to avoid the pop-up window becoming wider than the screen, but you can configure that too with "$linelen = 40;"
Well, I found there are some rare circumstances where the /chatlog window could still become too large and hang up the TMN client. Sorry about that. I changed the pagination and line wrapping code, and the imminent v0.84 (with chat-based voting :) ) will have those fixes.

Xymph