ASECO/RASP v0.84 released!

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

BReMFoX
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.84 released!

Post by BReMFoX » 27 Oct 2007 12:15

Xymph wrote:
BReMFoX wrote:I don't know if it's a bug, but the message "CallVotes disabled. See /helpvote for info on chat-based voting." is shown to everybody when some1 joins the server?
You found the option, ok. :) I changed it in v0.85 so that it can be turned off completely as well.
BReMFoX wrote:I am using the XXX El Fuego Join/Leave message plugin.
The rank it shows with this plugin is different from the message "You server rank is:"
e.g.
Your server rank is 21/500 Average: 53
>> F07BReMFoX Ladderrank 14895 Serverrank 20/500
Maybe the calculating is different?
Hmm, it looks similar to RASP's rank calculation. But to be honest, I don't understand why the rank has to be re-computed in the plugin, when it's already done in the main system.
Since you apparently don't use jfreu.plugin.php (which also shows player connect/leave messages), you could try switching from El Fuego's plugin to jfreu.player.php (included in the official distribution) which performs just that one feature from Jfreu's plugin.

Xymph
How do i delete the Avg. message in this plugin?
So it only shows the rank. eg. Server: 15/200

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 27 Oct 2007 12:44

BReMFoX wrote:
Xymph wrote: Since you apparently don't use jfreu.plugin.php (which also shows player connect/leave messages), you could try switching from El Fuego's plugin to jfreu.player.php (included in the official distribution) which performs just that one feature from Jfreu's plugin.
How do i delete the Avg. message in this plugin?
So it only shows the rank. eg. Server: 15/200
Change line 35 from:

Code: Select all

$message .= $blu.' Server: '.$whi.$rasp->getRank($player->login);
into:

Code: Select all

$message .= $blu.' Server: '.$whi.preg_replace('/ Avg:.*/', '', $rasp->getRank($player->login));
Xymph
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

BReMFoX
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by BReMFoX » 27 Oct 2007 13:50

Thank you :)
Working very nice!

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 27 Oct 2007 13:51

soehest wrote:
Xymph wrote:
cow wrote:anyway.. a different idea..
well two
i see this alot.. "yay I'm now rank 12" This I do find more interesting then finding out they beat 35 record n a track.. is there anyway at the end of a track or beginning of another to publically congrats peopel on rank improvement?
That's an interesting idea, but technically hard because the rs_rank table is completely cleared at the end of the track, and then all the new ranks are computed and stored. Being able to show rank improvements would require keeping a copy of the old table, and then going over the new table and comparing every player for a change in rank. :roll:
Another problem is that there are already a large number of messages being displayed around track switches, and adding more to them doesn't seem wise - if anything the rank messages would snow under among the rest (or vice versa).
What do others think about this?
I do find this idea interesting, but as you mention there already is many things happening in the chat window so i would prefer to not have this happen as this would give tons of spam. A halfway solution could be a notice of someone takes over rank 1 2 or 3. This would not produce to much spam, and would be a nice addition.
Yes, rank improvements can happen frequently at the lower end of the ranked players range, but in the top 3 they are very rare. So building this feature (technically challenging in itself) and then having it take up time at every track switch but almost never display a result, just doesn't seem economical to me.
soehest wrote:Talking of excess notices:

The personal best line posted here:
viewtopic.php?p=80928#p80928

is sometimes a double post as the pb already is shown in the fast alike records (if you have secured a record below 50) Wouldn't it be possible to only show this, and if a top50 record has not been accomplished perhaps put it after the fast alike records, this would remove an entire line :-)
Does this makes any sense? :-)
I understand what you mean, yes. I do feel the PB message serves its purpose, and it would be consistent to always show it instead of forcing top-50 players to scan the 'recs before' message for their time. And any player with an unranked or no record would still see the PB message too. But I can make it an option to disable the PB message, even though it's gonna be a bit of a kludge.

Xymph
Last edited by Xymph on 27 Oct 2007 14:42, edited 1 time in total.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 27 Oct 2007 14:15

soehest wrote:
Xymph wrote:
El Fuego wrote: Also, that line near the top regarding Flow ... that was a replay vote that was accepted but the track went to the next one in the list (Freebird). I had got the message saying the vote was passed, but the vote passed just as the scoreboard was coming up. So map Flow did not play again. When I tried replay and skip on Freebird these both worked. (Freebird and Flow are earlier in the log - not shown here).
During the scoreboard Aseco is already looking at the next track in the jukebox in order to give that message "The next track will be...as requested by...". So if the vote passes after that message, the track will still be jukeboxed, but return after the next track completes. There's little I can do about this, it's a timing issue, because if the vote passes when the scoreboard comes up but before the JB check, then the replay will still succeed right away. I could cancel/expire only replay votes before the JB check, or cancel all votes at the end of a race instead of the beginning of the next track, but that means e.g. a kick vote also ends a bit earlier than is currently the case, and a replay vote no longer has that extra second or 2 to pass. What do you/others think?
This is a tough question :-) I think the votes should expire at the end of each track to prevent confusion, people would eventually learn to vote fast (perhaps) :-)
I just thought of another way to look at this: suppose a /replay vote passes during the scoreboard, but just too late to make it reload right away. That usually happens when it requires only one more vote before the scoreboard comes up, so the replay is already desired by the majority of players (given the default 60% pass ratio). And while it doesn't reload right away, it will come back after the next track. But if the vote hadn't passed during the scoreboard, the track wouldn't be allowed back into the jukebox for 20 tracks (or whatever $buffersize is set to). So by passing the vote during the scoreboard and having the track replay after the next one, the system still honors the wish of that majority of players better (as they don't have to wait for 20 tracks) than when the vote would have been cancelled before the scoreboard.

So I think I'm keeping the current mechanism.
Xymph

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Post by cow » 27 Oct 2007 17:29

seeing how ranks re calced at the end of match and there really isnt any logic seeing if it improived or not it does seem to be too much of a pain for a minor feature..
and the other folks are right about server spam which i always try to reduce.
with 1000 people with a rank.. i can see this getting busy.
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S

Post by El Fuego » 29 Oct 2007 16:14

Regarding an earlier post about chatbots - keep such a thing OUT of your Aseco. Everyone will have their own preferences (e.g. I made and use the BigGeordie plugin - elsewhere in this forum).

As an option you might wish to create a bare-bones chatbot plugin but leave the population of checks and responses to the individual server admin. That's the premise I followed with BigGeordie - trying to make it easy to understand how the challenge/response worked. (I used arrays rather than infinite elseifs that other versions used).
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 29 Oct 2007 16:50

El Fuego wrote:Regarding an earlier post about chatbots - keep such a thing OUT of your Aseco. Everyone will have their own preferences (e.g. I made and use the BigGeordie plugin - elsewhere in this forum).
Yes, that's what I said. :P
Xymph

El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S

Post by El Fuego » 29 Oct 2007 19:05

I know - and I was agreeing. :P

:mrgreen:
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 29 Oct 2007 19:39

El Fuego wrote:I know - and I was agreeing. :P
I see... but it sounded like you were requesting me not to include a bot, and without a quote (useful buggers that they are :lol:) it wasn't clear that you were referring to my post about that. :wink:
Xymph