ASECO/RASP v0.84 released!

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

User avatar
El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Posts: 1097
Joined: 27 Oct 2006 11:00
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S
Location: Nae too far frae Glesgie
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.84 released!

Post by El Fuego » 26 Oct 2007 14:47

Possible problem - I jukeboxed a track but it was ignored. Nothing obvious in Aseco console (the jukebox request is shown). Here's a section of logfile.txt ...

Code: Select all

End Race
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
{RASP Jukebox} Setting Next Challenge to Flow, requested by XXX-FUEGO
Set timelimit for "United Powers":  229320 (Authortime: 38220)
[10/26,15:43:03] siteguru won for the 52. time!
Begin Race
[10/26,15:43:20] track changed [XXX Lynx] >> [United Powers]
[10/26,15:43:20] current record on United Powers is 0:38.22 and held by XXXLOUIS
Begin Round
[10/26,15:43:47] player siteguru used chat command "/jukebox 021"
[10/26,15:44:30] << player 4 joined the game [kingy1000 : $w$f00XXX $000[K]NG~ : GBR : 9100 : 88.107.146.163]
[10/26,15:44:54] [Local DB] player siteguru finished with 38350 and took the 2. LR place!
[10/26,15:45:06] << player 5 joined the game [slicky : ?$F00=$D00ƒ$B00?$900? : GBR : 6170 : 172.189.3.184]
[10/26,15:45:24] [Local DB] player kingy1000 finished with 38120 and took the 1. LR place!
[10/26,15:46:07] [Local DB] player kingy1000 finished with 37990 and took the 1. LR place!
[10/26,15:46:11] >> player 5 left the game [slicky : ?$F00=$D00ƒ$B00?$900?]
[10/26,15:46:51] [Local DB] player kingy1000 finished with 37550 and took the 1. LR place!
[10/26,15:46:55] [Local DB] player xxx-teejay finished with 38820 and took the 4. LR place!
[10/26,15:47:04] player kingy1000 used chat command "/recs "
Registering vote....
Registering vote....
Registering vote....
End Round
End Race
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
{RASP Jukebox} Setting Next Challenge to Flow, requested by XXX-FUEGO
Set timelimit for "CaSaNoVa":  210000 (Authortime: 33560)
[10/26,15:47:30] kingy1000 won for the 1. time!
Begin Race
[10/26,15:47:48] track changed [United Powers] >> [CaSaNoVa]
[10/26,15:47:48] current record on CaSaNoVa is 0:31.84 and held by [UMF]Jus@
Begin Round
Registering vote....
[10/26,15:50:09] [Local DB] player kingy1000 finished with 32070 and took the 2. LR place!
[10/26,15:50:17] [Local DB] player xxx-teejay finished with 33410 and took the 8. LR place!
Also, that line near the top regarding Flow ... that was a replay vote that was accepted but the track went to the next one in the list (Freebird). I had got the message saying the vote was passed, but the vote passed just as the scoreboard was coming up. So map Flow did not play again. When I tried replay and skip on Freebird these both worked. (Freebird and Flow are earlier in the log - not shown here).
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

User avatar
El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Posts: 1097
Joined: 27 Oct 2006 11:00
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S
Location: Nae too far frae Glesgie
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.84 released!

Post by El Fuego » 26 Oct 2007 15:02

Update - I did /admin cjb and that stopped the Flow message.

EDIT: that seems to have got things back on track. :)
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

User avatar
Djoszee
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Posts: 144
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 11:46
Owned TM-games: TMO / TMN / TMUF
Location: Groningen, Netherlands
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.84 released!

Post by Djoszee » 26 Oct 2007 15:23

A question:

With /admin showbanlist you can view the people who are in the banlist. Is there a textcommand to remove (unban) people from that list?
(please note that I'm not the main admin of this server, so I don't have access to the computer itself)

-Djoszee
admin of F07 Shorttracks in NED

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5707
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.84 released!

Post by Xymph » 26 Oct 2007 15:59

Djoszee wrote:A question:

With /admin showbanlist you can view the people who are in the banlist. Is there a textcommand to remove (unban) people from that list?
(please note that I'm not the main admin of this server, so I don't have access to the computer itself)
Yes, /admin unban for one login and /admin cleanbanlist for entire list. See /admin help for more.
Xymph
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5707
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.84 released!

Post by Xymph » 26 Oct 2007 16:12

El Fuego wrote:Possible problem - I jukeboxed a track but it was ignored. Nothing obvious in Aseco console (the jukebox request is shown). Here's a section of logfile.txt ...

Code: Select all

End Race
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
{RASP Jukebox} Setting Next Challenge to Flow, requested by XXX-FUEGO
Set timelimit for "United Powers":  229320 (Authortime: 38220)
[10/26,15:43:03] siteguru won for the 52. time!
Begin Race
[10/26,15:43:20] track changed [XXX Lynx] >> [United Powers]
[10/26,15:43:20] current record on United Powers is 0:38.22 and held by XXXLOUIS
Begin Round
[10/26,15:43:47] player siteguru used chat command "/jukebox 021"
[10/26,15:44:30] << player 4 joined the game [kingy1000 : $w$f00XXX $000[K]NG~ : GBR : 9100 : 88.107.146.163]
[10/26,15:44:54] [Local DB] player siteguru finished with 38350 and took the 2. LR place!
[10/26,15:45:06] << player 5 joined the game [slicky : ?$F00=$D00ƒ$B00?$900? : GBR : 6170 : 172.189.3.184]
[10/26,15:45:24] [Local DB] player kingy1000 finished with 38120 and took the 1. LR place!
[10/26,15:46:07] [Local DB] player kingy1000 finished with 37990 and took the 1. LR place!
[10/26,15:46:11] >> player 5 left the game [slicky : ?$F00=$D00ƒ$B00?$900?]
[10/26,15:46:51] [Local DB] player kingy1000 finished with 37550 and took the 1. LR place!
[10/26,15:46:55] [Local DB] player xxx-teejay finished with 38820 and took the 4. LR place!
[10/26,15:47:04] player kingy1000 used chat command "/recs "
Registering vote....
Registering vote....
Registering vote....
End Round
End Race
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
{RASP Jukebox} Setting Next Challenge to Flow, requested by XXX-FUEGO
Set timelimit for "CaSaNoVa":  210000 (Authortime: 33560)
[10/26,15:47:30] kingy1000 won for the 1. time!
Begin Race
[10/26,15:47:48] track changed [United Powers] >> [CaSaNoVa]
[10/26,15:47:48] current record on CaSaNoVa is 0:31.84 and held by [UMF]Jus@
Begin Round
Registering vote....
[10/26,15:50:09] [Local DB] player kingy1000 finished with 32070 and took the 2. LR place!
[10/26,15:50:17] [Local DB] player xxx-teejay finished with 33410 and took the 8. LR place!
Also, that line near the top regarding Flow ... that was a replay vote that was accepted but the track went to the next one in the list (Freebird). I had got the message saying the vote was passed, but the vote passed just as the scoreboard was coming up. So map Flow did not play again. When I tried replay and skip on Freebird these both worked. (Freebird and Flow are earlier in the log - not shown here).
During the scoreboard Aseco is already looking at the next track in the jukebox in order to give that message "The next track will be...as requested by...". So if the vote passes after that message, the track will still be jukeboxed, but return after the next track completes. There's little I can do about this, it's a timing issue, because if the vote passes when the scoreboard comes up but before the JB check, then the replay will still succeed right away. I could cancel/expire only replay votes before the JB check, or cancel all votes at the end of a race instead of the beginning of the next track, but that means e.g. a kick vote also ends a bit earlier than is currently the case, and a replay vote no longer has that extra second or 2 to pass. What do you/others think?

Also, in rare cases the jukebox can get confused with a track "stuck" in there. I don't know how to prevent that, but indeed /admin cjb should always clear it up.

Xymph
Last edited by Xymph on 26 Oct 2007 22:12, edited 1 time in total.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 1493
Joined: 03 Jun 2006 13:24
Owned TM-games: TMU
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.84 released!

Post by Assembler Maniac » 26 Oct 2007 17:14

Xymph wrote:Also, in rare cases the jukebox can get confused with a track "stuck" in there. I don't know how to prevent that, but indeed /admin cjb should always clear it up.
When a track gets "stuck" you could implement what I did for RASP TMU which was "/admin jbskip" which basically just pops the next jukebox'd track off the stack and spits out a msg. Tracks get stuck because the file is bad, if the track is in the wrong mode (stunts on a non-stunt server & vice-versa), and on old server versions because the track filename is the same, but it has a diff uid inside because the track has been modified.

References are a bit different, but here's the basic function:

Code: Select all

	function skipjukebox()
		{
		$dummy = array_shift($this->jukebox);
		$message = $this->Aseco->formatColors($this->messages['ADMINSKIP']);
		$this->Aseco->client->query('ChatSendServerMessage', $message);
		}  //  skipjukebox
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
P4 3.2Ghz @ 3.35Ghz
2G Kingston Hyper-X DDR 2
ATI Radeon X850 XT Platinum 256M
Sound Blaster Audigy II
2x 120G Maxtor Hard drives
HDTV Tuner Card (Fusion 5 Gold)

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5707
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.84 released!

Post by Xymph » 26 Oct 2007 18:50

Assembler Maniac wrote:
Xymph wrote:Also, in rare cases the jukebox can get confused with a track "stuck" in there. I don't know how to prevent that, but indeed /admin cjb should always clear it up.
When a track gets "stuck" you could implement what I did for RASP TMU which was "/admin jbskip" which basically just pops the next jukebox'd track off the stack and spits out a msg. Tracks get stuck because the file is bad, if the track is in the wrong mode (stunts on a non-stunt server & vice-versa), and on old server versions because the track filename is the same, but it has a diff uid inside because the track has been modified.

References are a bit different, but here's the basic function:

Code: Select all

	function skipjukebox()
		{
		$dummy = array_shift($this->jukebox);
		$message = $this->Aseco->formatColors($this->messages['ADMINSKIP']);
		$this->Aseco->client->query('ChatSendServerMessage', $message);
		}  //  skipjukebox
Thanks for the tip, but I forgot to mention there's also an /admin dropjukebox command in v0.8x, which allows for deleting any track from the jukebox by sequence number:

Code: Select all

  /**
   * Drops a track from the jukebox (for use with rasp jukebox plugin)
   */
  }elseif (($command['params'][0] == 'dropjukebox') ||
           ($command['params'][0] == 'djb')) {

    if (is_numeric($command['params'][1]) &&
        $command['params'][1] >= 1 && $command['params'][1] <= sizeof($jukebox)) {
      $i = 0;
      foreach ($jukebox as $item) {
        $i++;
        if ($i == $command['params'][1]) {
          $name = $item['Name'];
          $uid = $item['uid'];
          break;
        }
      }
      unset($jukebox[$uid]);

      // send chat message
      $aseco->addCall('ChatSendServerMessage', array($aseco->formatColors('{#server}>> Admin {#highlite}' . $admin->nickname . '$z$s{#server} dropped track {#highlite}' . $name . '{#server} from jukebox!')));
    } else {
      $message = '{#server}> {#emotic}Jukebox entry not found! Type {#highlite}/jukebox list {#emotic}or {#highlite}/jukebox display {#emotic}for its contents.';
      $aseco->addCall('ChatSendServerMessageToLogin', array($aseco->formatColors($message), $admin->login));
    }
So that is indeed another way to get rid of a "stuck" track. Also, thanks for the explanation of possible reasons for such stickiness. :)
Xymph
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Posts: 216
Joined: 20 Mar 2007 02:53
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.84 released!

Post by cow » 26 Oct 2007 19:48

Thanks and i appollogise.. was a rough day.. and when ever i change my aseco for yours.. i get many complaints until i make it backwards compaitble. and had just gotten an ear ful.. while i was trying to work to make things better.. which is exactly what i did with you and i was wrong.


anyway.. a different idea..
well two
i see this alot.. "yay I'm now rank 12" This I do find more interesting then finding out they beat 35 record n a track.. is there anyway at the end of a track or beginning of another to publically congrats peopel on rank improvement?

2nd
i know people love my noob chat bot..i havent released but it is pretty smart
you say stuff like How and color and nick or where and car, how and join and tet19
or my fav "can anyone see my car"
and the bot auto answers.."do you own a previous game?? No? then no we cant see you car"
other answers tellt he ports and such.. and more info .. I guess i could release it but I'm sure you could make it better.
I'm sure you have gotten the 100 times a day "can you see my car" and if you try to ingore them they wont shut up until someone tells them.. it is so nice to have the bot explain it.. and have the people not relase he is a bot.

basically logged all chat for a good 2 onths and then searched for every questiona dn see how many i could make the bot auto answer for me.
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Posts: 216
Joined: 20 Mar 2007 02:53
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.84 released!

Post by cow » 26 Oct 2007 19:55

on the jukebox problem
cler juke works.. and yeah like the "drop idea"
but i thought i should tell ya..
slly addressed this problem by auto dropping the track if it doesnt play.. er sooon
and leaves a message in the room saying "server dropped such and such track cause it wasnt played" or something liek that.. this is great for when admins arent arround.. I'm sure it can be annoying when for an hour the server annouces a track will play next that never does.


problems.. orgianally it just checked if it played next.. this is a problem for the juke cue as oviously #2 in the juke cue wont play next.. it's been changed but it may still need tweaks.. but hopefully it will give you ideas as well

This is handy though.
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5707
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.84 released!

Post by Xymph » 26 Oct 2007 20:43

cow wrote:Thanks and i appollogise.. was a rough day.. and when ever i change my aseco for yours.. i get many complaints until i make it backwards compaitble. and had just gotten an ear ful.. while i was trying to work to make things better.. which is exactly what i did with you and i was wrong.
Okay. I paid more attention to your signature today and visited your server. You indeed have a ton of custom stuff, plugins and colors there... :shock: so I'm afraid you're just going to have to deal with the upgrade process every time I release a new version. Unless of course you want to go back to v0.7. :P
cow wrote:anyway.. a different idea..
well two
i see this alot.. "yay I'm now rank 12" This I do find more interesting then finding out they beat 35 record n a track.. is there anyway at the end of a track or beginning of another to publically congrats peopel on rank improvement?
That's an interesting idea, but technically hard because the rs_rank table is completely cleared at the end of the track, and then all the new ranks are computed and stored. Being able to show rank improvements would require keeping a copy of the old table, and then going over the new table and comparing every player for a change in rank. :roll:
Another problem is that there are already a large number of messages being displayed around track switches, and adding more to them doesn't seem wise - if anything the rank messages would snow under among the rest (or vice versa).
What do others think about this?
cow wrote:2nd
i know people love my noob chat bot..i havent released but it is pretty smart
you say stuff like How and color and nick or where and car, how and join and tet19
or my fav "can anyone see my car"
and the bot auto answers.."do you own a previous game?? No? then no we cant see you car"
other answers tellt he ports and such.. and more info .. I guess i could release it but I'm sure you could make it better.
I'm sure you have gotten the 100 times a day "can you see my car" and if you try to ingore them they wont shut up until someone tells them.. it is so nice to have the bot explain it.. and have the people not relase he is a bot.

basically logged all chat for a good 2 onths and then searched for every questiona dn see how many i could make the bot auto answer for me.
Chat bots are okay, but very much a matter of personal preference. I've seen quite a very different ones, and you should by all means release your own bot as a plugin. But I can't include any specific chat bot with the official distribution because of this preference aspect (I don't want to deal with arguments about whose bot to include :) ), and because (as mentioned before) the maintenance responsibility of such specialized plugins should remain with their original authors.

Xymph
Last edited by Xymph on 26 Oct 2007 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

User avatar
sbone
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Posts: 181
Joined: 13 Sep 2007 18:11
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2
Location: In the sky...
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.84 released!

Post by sbone » 26 Oct 2007 20:48

Great job again for this release :)
One little problem, in include/rasp.settings.php
i have :

Code: Select all

//Set to true if you want to disable normal callvotes & enable chat-based votes
$feature_votes = true;
But in game, by default chat-based vote are disabled ?
Where did i mistake ?
Thanks
-- SbOne --
Public CSb1 portal : http://csb1.sbone.fr -/- Team CSb1 : http://sbone.fr

User avatar
sbone
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Posts: 181
Joined: 13 Sep 2007 18:11
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2
Location: In the sky...
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.84 released!

Post by sbone » 26 Oct 2007 21:14

Another thing, too tired to search and so easy to ask you ;)
Where to change the ratio vote for new chat-voted functions ?
Thanks
-- SbOne --
Public CSb1 portal : http://csb1.sbone.fr -/- Team CSb1 : http://sbone.fr

User avatar
blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Posts: 144
Joined: 11 Oct 2007 23:47
Owned TM-games: TMUF
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.84 released!

Post by blooper » 26 Oct 2007 21:38

sbone wrote:Another thing, too tired to search and so easy to ask you ;)
Where to change the ratio vote for new chat-voted functions ?
Thanks
Look in plugins/plugin.rasp_votes.php

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5707
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.84 released!

Post by Xymph » 26 Oct 2007 21:40

cow wrote:on the jukebox problem
cler juke works.. and yeah like the "drop idea"
but i thought i should tell ya..
slly addressed this problem by auto dropping the track if it doesnt play.. er sooon
and leaves a message in the room saying "server dropped such and such track cause it wasnt played" or something liek that.. this is great for when admins arent arround.. I'm sure it can be annoying when for an hour the server annouces a track will play next that never does.
Yes, it definitely is.
cow wrote:problems.. orgianally it just checked if it played next.. this is a problem for the juke cue as oviously #2 in the juke cue wont play next.. it's been changed but it may still need tweaks.. but hopefully it will give you ideas as well

This is handy though.
Hmm, I didn't know about that trick, didn't study slly's mod in that much detail. Thanks for the tip. I have now implemented that mechanism in v0.85, but it's kind of hard to test as how do you simulate the circumstances where a track gets stuck? :) For that matter, I haven't seen a stuck track on my server in many weeks, so maybe my work to tighten up the jukebox code in previous months altogether already made it (much) less likely to happen. We'll have to wait and see...

Xymph
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5707
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.84 released!

Post by Xymph » 26 Oct 2007 21:45

sbone wrote:Great job again for this release :)
One little problem, in include/rasp.settings.php
i have :

Code: Select all

//Set to true if you want to disable normal callvotes & enable chat-based votes
$feature_votes = true;
But in game, by default chat-based vote are disabled ?
Where did i mistake ?
Hmm, is the plugin file listed in your plugins.xml ?
If so, what message exactly do you get when trying a vote command?
sbone wrote:Another thing, too tired to search and so easy to ask you ;)
Where to change the ratio vote for new chat-voted functions ?
Please do read the Configuration Options section of my TMN page, which includes:
- plugins/plugin.rasp_votes.php:
If the above $features_votes option is enabled, all of the chat-based voting features can be configured in function init_votes(). See the v0.85 features list and that function's detailed comments for more info.
:P
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Post Reply