ASECO/RASP v0.85 released!

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.85 released!

Post by El Fuego » 29 Oct 2007 14:16

There are some messages in the jfreu.config.php file (as I recall). Can't remember though if they are the ones you're meaning.
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 29 Oct 2007 15:14

braet wrote:THX for the great tool, but i have a question......

I would like to change the (INFO) Messages durring the game, what is the name of the file to change this messages?
These are indeed listed in plugins/jfreu.config.php from $message1 onwards.
Xymph
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S

Post by El Fuego » 29 Oct 2007 15:56

When's the next release planned? (I haven't installed 0.85 yet - if the next update is imminent then I might just skip a release). :)
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 29 Oct 2007 17:05

BReMFoX wrote:
Xymph wrote:That's what I'm thinking too, but I also realized I mixed up spectators starting votes and spectators voting for a racing player's vote. Should just the former be blocked, or both -- or should I simply make it configurable? :)
I totally agree with blooper.
Why let spectators vote?
Just turn spectator votes off...and don't count them as players...?
Spectators are already not counted as players in v0.84+. But they could still start votes and vote for other players' votes, and I've now made it configurable to turn either or both off, as it wasn't that much extra work and caters to any different preferences.

Xymph
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 29 Oct 2007 17:13

El Fuego wrote:When's the next release planned? (I haven't installed 0.85 yet - if the next update is imminent then I might just skip a release). :)
I don't know, I have only two things done for v0.86 so far (spectator voting, and improved sanitizing of /add filenames). There's a few ideas (karma reminders, /list noauthor) I can work on, but the big project would be Dedimania support, and that is not going to be completed "imminently". :) So you might as well upgrade now.

Btw, I can't find that "Wales XXX" server you mentioned (and Tet19 doesn't really show an Dedimania messages)... know another one?
cow wrote:also slly has a ripped down fast.. that pretty much does nothing but dedimania.
I can't find that on slly's page... where can I download it so I can learn what it does?
Xymph

slly
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMN, TMU

Post by slly » 29 Oct 2007 17:54

Xymph wrote:
cow wrote:also slly has a ripped down fast.. that pretty much does nothing but dedimania.
I can't find that on slly's page... where can I download it so I can learn what it does?
Xymph
i put a link there for it. i get PMs whenever slig updates it to update mine. i suppose i should update the index page when i do. :P

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Post by cow » 30 Oct 2007 04:10

I'll put it back up when dedimania comes up but really looks juts liek your records
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by soehest » 30 Oct 2007 06:33

Sorry for the late reply after 0.85 been kind of busy as i have started working again :-) Must say that 0.85 is yet another great release. Those tracknames that wasn't added before is adding up just fint now (did see there would be another approach on doing this in 0.86, but it is doing the trick for me now) The /topsums cmd is so nice to have, and also /admin removethis. The removal of those to excess chat lines we talked about earlier is also working out just nicely. Vrooom, thank you so much for this :-)

Regards
daniel

sbone
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2

Post by sbone » 30 Oct 2007 10:28

Hi,
strange and big problem :
yesterday evening the record tables in aseco database was ok with records since several months
and today this table is empty, no record...
Only this table is empty, others tables are ok.
Any idea ?
I don't think that is a hack problem on my system...
(Of course, i have a save of my sql databases every night so no soucy)
Thanks
-- SbOne --
Public CSb1 portal : http://csb1.sbone.fr -/- Team CSb1 : http://sbone.fr

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 30 Oct 2007 11:28

sbone wrote:strange and big problem :
yesterday evening the record tables in aseco database was ok with records since several months
Any idea ?
So the rs_times table was still ok? Then I can't explain how this happened.
If you set $prune_records_times=true in rasp.settings.php there is a situation where it can prune all records, but it would delete all rs_times entries too. Check for the message "[RASP] Pruning records/rs_times for deleted tracks" in your Aseco log.
sbone wrote:(Of course, i have a save of my sql databases every night so no soucy)
Okay, phew. :)
Last edited by Xymph on 30 Oct 2007 11:42, edited 1 time in total.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 30 Oct 2007 11:34

Xymph wrote:
darknation wrote:Hey well done on the aseco/rasp its awesome i've got it running on my server. I was just wondering you have /list nogold I was wondering is it possible to do /list noauthor so you can check if you've beat all the author times. I looked at the code for nogold but couldnt figure out how to edit it correctly.
The nogold feature was easy to program because the GetChallengeList server call returns a GoldTime field for each track. This is also why you see gold times with the tracks when looking at a server in the server browser.
There is no quick way to obtain the AuthorTime for a list of tracks, so it would require reading in all the track files to extract the times, which would cause a lot of disk activity on a specific server with several hundred (or more) tracks. That's why I didn't even attempt to build it, as it didn't seem wise to include a command that could cause that much overhead. But I'm not certain it would really cause a problem, maybe I should still try and test it first...
It turns out I was too cautious. :o Even the regular /list and /list <wildcard> commands will read in the header data of all track files on the server (to extract the 'author' field), with no real slow-down. So a new /list noauthor option was easily derived from the nogold one, and will be in the next release.

I also updated /list nogold (and by extension, noauthor) to display the difference between the player's time and the gold/author time along with the track names.

Xymph

sbone
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by sbone » 30 Oct 2007 12:40

Xymph wrote:
Any idea ?
If you set $prune_records_times=true in rasp.settings.php there is a situation where it can prune all records, but it would delete all rs_times entries too. Check for the message "[RASP] Pruning records/rs_times for deleted tracks" in your Aseco log.
yes sorry...also rs_times was empty...
and i use the prune records funtionnality (great idea to have coded this ;) )
(in log file : [RASP] Pruning records/rs_times for deleted tracks)
So little bug ?
How to fix it ?
Thanks
-- SbOne --

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 30 Oct 2007 12:50

sbone wrote:
Xymph wrote:
Any idea ?
yes sorry...also rs_times was empty...
and i use the prune records funtionnality (great idea to have coded this ;) )
(in log file : [RASP] Pruning records/rs_times for deleted tracks)
So little bug ? How to fix it ?
Well, it's not a bug but a feature, albeit a dangerous one. The only situation where it would delete all records/times is when Aseco is restarted while the TMN server has not loaded all those tracks for which records/times previously existed. E.g. if you move your regular set of tracks aside to run the server with a bunch of new ones, and then restart Aseco. Since the prune feature can't find that regular track set anymore, it will proceed to delete their records/times.

If that's not the case for you, can you describe (in as much detail as possible) what the situation with the tracks on your server is?
Xymph

sbone
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by sbone » 30 Oct 2007 13:46

Xymph wrote: Well, it's not a bug but a feature, albeit a dangerous one. The only situation where it would delete all records/times is when Aseco is restarted while the TMN server has not loaded all those tracks for which records/times previously existed. E.g. if you move your regular set of tracks aside to run the server with a bunch of new ones, and then restart Aseco. Since the prune feature can't find that regular track set anymore, it will proceed to delete their records/times.
Xymph
Yes the problem came after that...i had restarted TMN and aseco with old map and a lot of new maps.
But without deleting any existent maps
Thanks ;)
-- SbOne --

www.22ndsas.org.uk
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: Orig, Sunrise, Tmnuf

Post by www.22ndsas.org.uk » 30 Oct 2007 16:40

Nice Work :)
Last edited by www.22ndsas.org.uk on 30 Oct 2007 16:54, edited 1 time in total.