ASECO/RASP Vote Reminder Plugin Request

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF

ASECO/RASP Vote Reminder Plugin Request

Post by blooper » 28 Oct 2007 17:29

I have a request for a plugin that checks if you have voted for the track when you finish, and if you haven't, sends a chat message reminding you to vote. I've seen a plugin like this before, but i'm not sure if it checks if you have voted before and it pops up an annoying window. I'm sure this would be appreciated by many people hosting servers, since racers never seem to remember to vote.

Thanks.

Edit:
To clarify, I am talking about karma votes (/++ /--), not the chat votes (/skip, etc)
Last edited by blooper on 28 Oct 2007 19:19, edited 1 time in total.

m&o
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF

Re: ASECO/RASP Vote Reminder Plugin Request

Post by m&o » 28 Oct 2007 18:20

thats the extendet jfreu vote from f*ckfish if u search it on forum u should be able to modifi it to work with the new rasp vote

blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by blooper » 28 Oct 2007 18:43

Ok, thanks, but I don't like this one because of the annoying window. I just want a chat message to be sent. Thanks for pointing that one out, though, since I forgot what it was called.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 28 Oct 2007 19:01

blooper wrote:I have a request for a plugin that checks if you have voted for the track when you finish, and if you haven't, sends a chat message reminding you to vote. I've seen a plugin like this before, but i'm not sure if it checks if you have voted before and it pops up an annoying window. I'm sure this would be appreciated by many people hosting servers, since racers never seem to remember to vote.
The new chat-based voting system in v0.84+ already sents a chat reminder to vote to all players, every round in Rounds mode and (approx.) every 30 seconds in TimeAttack mode. And when some players are eager to get a vote to pass, they'll type in reminders too. And there's also the (optionally global) reminder to read /helpvote every time a player joins. Isn't that enough?
I think in many cases, players don't vote because they're against the voted action going through. :wink: Also, chat-based voting isn't anywhere nearly as common as the built-in CallVotes, so it simply may take a lot of players time to get used to it.

Xymph
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by blooper » 28 Oct 2007 19:17

Xymph wrote:
blooper wrote:I have a request for a plugin that checks if you have voted for the track when you finish, and if you haven't, sends a chat message reminding you to vote. I've seen a plugin like this before, but i'm not sure if it checks if you have voted before and it pops up an annoying window. I'm sure this would be appreciated by many people hosting servers, since racers never seem to remember to vote.
The new chat-based voting system in v0.84+ already sents a chat reminder to vote to all players, every round in Rounds mode and (approx.) every 30 seconds in TimeAttack mode. And when some players are eager to get a vote to pass, they'll type in reminders too. And there's also the (optionally global) reminder to read /helpvote every time a player joins. Isn't that enough?
I think in many cases, players don't vote because they're against the voted action going through. :wink: Also, chat-based voting isn't anywhere nearly as common as the built-in CallVotes, so it simply may take a lot of players time to get used to it.

Xymph
I'm actually talking about karma votes. I guess I didn't make myself clear enough in my request.

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 28 Oct 2007 19:19

m&o wrote:thats the extendet jfreu vote from f*ckfish if u search it on forum u should be able to modifi it to work with the new rasp vote
This one is only for unspec votes and is intended to be annoying :twisted: you could surely modify it to work with karma votes and not display a popup but i think it would be easier to just write a new one ;-) btw. use aseco 0.8x, it's the ****! (positively) (don't know if it helps with karma btw)
inactive, sorry

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 28 Oct 2007 19:48

blooper wrote:I'm actually talking about karma votes. I guess I didn't make myself clear enough in my request.
A-haaahh :lol: Now I understand. :P
Okay, I think I can build that, if nobody else wants a stab at it. Can't promise when it'll be ready for testing though.
Xymph

PS. Thanks fufi :D
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

m&o
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF

Post by m&o » 28 Oct 2007 20:03

becase its for karma it should be able to be turnt of and saved in the database becase it wil come up after each track and somepeople wil like it other wil just keep complaining if u can;t turn it off

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 28 Oct 2007 20:22

m&o wrote:becase its for karma it should be able to be turnt of and saved in the database becase it wil come up after each track and somepeople wil like it other wil just keep complaining if u can;t turn it off
Well of course. :P And nothing extra needs to be stored in the database, as karma votes are already stored themselves. The plugin just would need to check for that vote after every finish, and pester the player. But all optional.
Xymph

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Post by cow » 29 Oct 2007 03:44

i just use server auto spam to remind people now and then..
my karma mod also makes it a bit easier to vote..
took a bit of doingand tweaking to get a ballanced i wanted and because i dont know anythign about php.. but when people say "oo this is my fav track" or this "track is so kewl" "i love this one" or "awesome map" and about 50 other terms it votes ++ for people,
If they say cr4p map, not kewl track, this one is gay it votes -- for people. and about 40 other terms(less terms on the neg cowma side as people are more likely to complain than praise)
I find people are far more likely to just comment about a map then vote on it.

rarely my karma catches unintended votes.. like someone talking about a previous map.. but often these people will notice the vote and revote to fix the unintended one.
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 31 Oct 2007 00:42

Edit:
To clarify, I am talking about karma votes (/++ /--), not the chat votes (/skip, etc)
Okay, instead of a separate plugin, I simply integrated this into the existing plugin.rasp_karma.php file, as it's really just two extra functions that respond to finish and end-race events. There's one new configuration setting in rasp.settings.php:
  • $remind_karma = 0;
    Set to 2 if you want to send a reminder upon every finish to players that have not yet karma voted for the current track; set to 1 if you want to send a reminder at the end of a track to players that have not yet karma voted for that track; if 0, no reminders are sent. After voting, players are no longer sent a reminder, and spectators are never sent one.
Does that meet your needs? This will be in the next release (v0.86).
Xymph

blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by blooper » 31 Oct 2007 02:44

Awesome. :D Can you add a line to config.xml or something so the message is easily changeable? I have another quick idea. Can you make an admin command to pass a current vote? I find sometimes that there is 1 vote remaining and no one will do the last /y... :P

Also, when is v0.86 coming out?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 31 Oct 2007 12:42

blooper wrote:Awesome. :D Can you add a line to config.xml or something so the message is easily changeable?
Yes, the message is in rasp.xml along with the other karma-related messages. That's how I found a bug in the XML parser, which changed '+' characters into spaces.
blooper wrote:I have another quick idea. Can you make an admin command to pass a current vote? I find sometimes that there is 1 vote remaining and no one will do the last /y... :P
Oh yes, that would be handy. While an admin can already overrule any vote with specific commands (e.g. /admin endround), a general /admin pass command for TMX /add and chat-based votes is convenient too. That's in v0.86 now.
blooper wrote:Also, when is v0.86 coming out?
Not sure yet, but I think it's time to use my favorite word "imminent" again. :lol:
Xymph

El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S

Post by El Fuego » 31 Oct 2007 14:11

Or how about ...

Soooooooooooon

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by blooper » 31 Oct 2007 18:47

El Fuego wrote:Or how about ...

Soooooooooooon

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Nah,"imminent" sounds more... evil. :lol: Now I wish I would have held off upgrading again. :D