ASECO/RASP v0.88 released!

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5685
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.88 released!

Post by Xymph » 14 Nov 2007 11:25

blooper wrote:Anyways, I wasn't talking about the names of the admin levels, I was talking about the color of "(Master)Admin/Operator" and their action. Right now it looks like these:

MasterAdmin Blooper skipped challenge!
MasterAdmin Blooper cleared jukebox!
Etc.

I would like to change the color from yellow to something else. Could you add another color line to the config.xml called admin or something so those colors are configurable?
Ah of course, that was long overdue anyway. Okay, this is done and will be available in the upcoming v0.89.
blooper wrote:
f*ckfish wrote:Although a shorter chat command would be nice ;-) maybe /ad or /op which would just redirect the command to the standard admin function =)
I forgot to mention this in my last post, but I would also like a shorter /admin command. typing out admin gets annoying after a while, especially if you're entering in a bunch of admin commands.
Bah, and here I thought I could get away with ignoring Fufi's post. :P

The issue I have with these kind of shortcuts is that they need to be registered as an official chat command (or they are echoed to all by the TMN server when used), rather than that they can be defined as just an alternative parameter like 'er', 'can' and other abbreviations within the /admin command. Thus they make the already-very-long command list in /help even longer, while 'admin' with five letters is shorter to type than many of the parameters it takes (writetracklist, adminability, setservername, etc :) ). If anything, the longer and also frequently used /jukebox command could use a /jb shortcut too.

So I'll meet you halfway: the code for both of those abbreviations is in their respective source files, but you'll have to uncomment 2 lines to activate them.
Xymph
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5685
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.88 released!

Post by Xymph » 14 Nov 2007 11:31

El Fuego wrote:Re. changing game mode ... would loading a different matchsettings file do that? (Changing matchsettings/tracklists is already a feature of Fufi's matchsave plugin).
Good point, I tested it and game modes can indeed be changed this way, upon loading the next track. The match settings file also contains many of the other mode settings, so this neatly bypasses the 'can of worms' I worried about earlier. :D

To accommodate mode (and other setting) changes, I added a new /admin readtracklist command to the upcoming v0.89, and also made that and /admin writetracklist able to take a filename parameter. So you can write an initial tracklist file (so you have it in the correct syntax), then make a copy and edit that with alternate modes/settings, and switch between them on the fly using /admin commands.

Xymph
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

User avatar
f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 1302
Joined: 15 Jun 2007 07:59
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF
Location: Dresden, Germany
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.88 released!

Post by f*ckfish » 14 Nov 2007 13:24

Xymph wrote:
f*ckfish wrote:Although a shorter chat command would be nice ;-) maybe /ad or /op which would just redirect the command to the standard admin function =)
Bah, and here I thought I could get away with ignoring Fufi's post. :P
It nearly worked I thought you just overread it ;-)
Xymph wrote:
El Fuego wrote:Re. changing game mode ... would loading a different matchsettings file do that? (Changing matchsettings/tracklists is already a feature of Fufi's matchsave plugin).
Good point, I tested it and game modes can indeed be changed this way, upon loading the next track. The match settings file also contains many of the other mode settings, so this neatly bypasses the 'can of worms' I worried about earlier. :D

To accommodate mode (and other setting) changes, I added a new /admin readtracklist command to the upcoming v0.89, and also made that and /admin writetracklist able to take a filename parameter. So you can write an initial tracklist file (so you have it in the correct syntax), then make a copy and edit that with alternate modes/settings, and switch between them on the fly using /admin commands.

Xymph
You could also take the matchsetting stuff out of the matchsave plugin since it makes no real sense to have it only available when matchsave is loaded.
inactive, sorry

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5685
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.88 released!

Post by Xymph » 14 Nov 2007 13:56

f*ckfish wrote:You could also take the matchsetting stuff out of the matchsave plugin since it makes no real sense to have it only available when matchsave is loaded.
Yes, I disabled the /match load command too.

I also renamed the filetype for all read/written list files (blacklist, guestlist, tracklist) from .txt to .xml, as that's what they really are.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

User avatar
El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Posts: 1097
Joined: 27 Oct 2006 11:00
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S
Location: Nae too far frae Glesgie
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.88 released!

Post by El Fuego » 14 Nov 2007 16:38

Does v0.88 (or 0.89) incorporate the features of Fufi's matchsave plugin? (That's one of the reasons I haven't installed 0.88 yet).
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5685
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.88 released!

Post by Xymph » 14 Nov 2007 16:45

El Fuego wrote:Does v0.88 (or 0.89) incorporate the features of Fufi's matchsave plugin? (That's one of the reasons I haven't installed 0.88 yet).
From the v0.82 release notes:
the updated Matchsave plugin (plugin.matchsave.php, matchsave.xml) by F*ckfish is now part of the standard distribution, although by default not included in plugins.xml
:P
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

User avatar
blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Posts: 144
Joined: 11 Oct 2007 23:47
Owned TM-games: TMUF
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.88 released!

Post by blooper » 14 Nov 2007 19:19

Xymph wrote:Bah, and here I thought I could get away with ignoring Fufi's post. :P
Hehe... :mrgreen:
Xymph wrote:they make the already-very-long command list in /help even longer
Why don't you make all the /recs commands into a /list-like command with sub commands? For example, /liverecs would become /recs live and /best would become /recs best. That would take a ton of commands out of the help list.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5685
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.88 released!

Post by Xymph » 14 Nov 2007 21:22

blooper wrote:Why don't you make all the /recs commands into a /list-like command with sub commands? For example, /liverecs would become /recs live and /best would become /recs best. That would take a ton of commands out of the help list.
Uhm, that's a poosibility, but all those commands have been use for months already (at least on my server 8) ) and it would annoy a lot of users to change them all. E.g. /nextrec is in the top10 most popular commands here, and /liverecs, /diffrec and /recrange are not far behind. It's not a bad idea, but I'm afraid it's too late for that now.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

User avatar
blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Posts: 144
Joined: 11 Oct 2007 23:47
Owned TM-games: TMUF
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.88 released!

Post by blooper » 14 Nov 2007 22:02

Xymph wrote:
blooper wrote:Why don't you make all the /recs commands into a /list-like command with sub commands? For example, /liverecs would become /recs live and /best would become /recs best. That would take a ton of commands out of the help list.
Uhm, that's a poosibility, but all those commands have been use for months already (at least on my server 8) ) and it would annoy a lot of users to change them all. E.g. /nextrec is in the top10 most popular commands here, and /liverecs, /diffrec and /recrange are not far behind. It's not a bad idea, but I'm afraid it's too late for that now.
Hmmm... thats too bad. It would be possible to make two different versions of the file, one with the sub commands and one like it is now. That would probably be a pain for you, since you would have to change both files each time you wanted to add a command.

On a different note, the Jfreu mod is great for some servers, but I only really use the join/leave messages and the info messages. Could you add the info messages to the lite version of Jfreu that you include or make something like a 'Jfreu.infomsg.php' plugin?

User avatar
El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Posts: 1097
Joined: 27 Oct 2006 11:00
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S
Location: Nae too far frae Glesgie
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.88 released!

Post by El Fuego » 15 Nov 2007 09:36

Or use my joinleave plugin?
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5685
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.88 released!

Post by Xymph » 15 Nov 2007 10:12

blooper wrote:Hmmm... thats too bad. It would be possible to make two different versions of the file, one with the sub commands and one like it is now. That would probably be a pain for you, since you would have to change both files each time you wanted to add a command.
Yes, that would be a pain, also because there is actually not one source file involved, but three: chat.records.php, chat.records2.php and chat.recrels.php.
The other thing that's not so elegant about making /recs do multiple things is that the default /recs produces a pop-up, but any of the options ('first', 'diff', 'live', etc) would produce chat output. That makes the user interface inconsistent and less predictable, since players (especially in Rounds mode) often type commands that give chat output at the start of a new track (e.g. /nextrec), but intentionally avoid commands that give pop-ups, so as not to risk missing the start of the first round. If they accidentally forget one of the options, they'll be annoyed at the pop-up.
blooper wrote:On a different note, the Jfreu mod is great for some servers, but I only really use the join/leave messages and the info messages. Could you add the info messages to the lite version of Jfreu that you include or make something like a 'Jfreu.infomsg.php' plugin?
ISTR that being requested before, so okay... I renamed jfreu.player.php to jfreu.lite.php and incorporated the info messages stuff. It will require jfreu.config.php for their definitions, just like the full plugin, but won't do anything else.
El Fuego wrote:Or use my joinleave plugin?
The aforementioned jfreu.player.php provided the exact same thing already, but blooper asked about Jfreu's info messages. Those are now included in the 'lite' plugin in the upcoming v0.89 release.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

User avatar
Djoszee
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Posts: 144
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 11:46
Owned TM-games: TMO / TMN / TMUF
Location: Groningen, Netherlands
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.88 released!

Post by Djoszee » 15 Nov 2007 15:48

Xymph wrote: Uhm, that's a poosibility, but all those commands have been use for months already (at least on my server 8) ) and it would annoy a lot of users to change them all. E.g. /nextrec is in the top10 most popular commands here, and /liverecs, /diffrec and /recrange are not far behind. It's not a bad idea, but I'm afraid it's too late for that now.
Indeed..stick to the old commands!
But may I ask why you changed '/restart' into '/replay' ?

And thanks for your answers on my suggestions :)

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5685
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.88 released!

Post by Xymph » 15 Nov 2007 17:33

Djoszee wrote:But may I ask why you changed '/restart' into '/replay' ?
This has already been discussed in one of the earlier release threads, but to reiterate: IMHO, /restart is simply the wrong name for a command that doesn't restart the track immediately (like /admin restart), but plays the track again - or replays - after it's done (like /admin replay already did). That's why I used /replay.
Djoszee wrote:And thanks for your answers on my suggestions :)
Thanks for your suggestions in the first place. :)
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

greedy
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Posts: 24
Joined: 23 Sep 2006 23:41
Owned TM-games: TMU TMN TMO TMS
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.88 released!

Post by greedy » 15 Nov 2007 19:49

i get these errors when i used the matchsave plugin

[ASECO Warning] [XML Error 73] > required on line 54
[PHP Warning] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() on line 1260 in file C:\Program Files (x86)\aseco_rasp_088practiceserver\plugins\plugin.matchsave.php
[PHP Warning] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() on line 1266 in file C:\Program Files (x86)\aseco_rasp_088practiceserver\plugins\plugin.matchsave.php

and the plugin don't seem to work
DFA Server Admin.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5685
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.88 released!

Post by Xymph » 16 Nov 2007 01:06

greedy wrote:i get these errors when i used the matchsave plugin

[ASECO Warning] [XML Error 73] > required on line 54
[PHP Warning] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() on line 1260 in file C:\Program Files (x86)\aseco_rasp_088practiceserver\plugins\plugin.matchsave.php
[PHP Warning] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() on line 1266 in file C:\Program Files (x86)\aseco_rasp_088practiceserver\plugins\plugin.matchsave.php

and the plugin don't seem to work
Looks like a typo in your matchsave.xml file, then all bets are off about the rest of the plugin working.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Post Reply