ASECO/RASP v0.88 released!

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.88 released!

Post by blooper » 16 Nov 2007 02:01

I have another karma request. Change /karma so that you can enter a track number from /list (/karma 123) and see the karma of that track. I know about the /list karma command, but that won't show the amounts and percentages of the ++/-- votes.

lgrfbs-sweden
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by lgrfbs-sweden » 16 Nov 2007 04:58

Can I/we fix as chat.vote.php show the score like the plugin.rasp_karma.php show the karma then a track is loaded?
Admin On:Image
My server:lgrfbs server / XASECO plugins

greedy
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU TMN TMO TMS

Post by greedy » 16 Nov 2007 07:25

Xymph wrote:
greedy wrote:i get these errors when i used the matchsave plugin

[ASECO Warning] [XML Error 73] > required on line 54
[PHP Warning] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() on line 1260 in file C:\Program Files (x86)\aseco_rasp_088practiceserver\plugins\plugin.matchsave.php
[PHP Warning] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() on line 1266 in file C:\Program Files (x86)\aseco_rasp_088practiceserver\plugins\plugin.matchsave.php

and the plugin don't seem to work
Looks like a typo in your matchsave.xml file, then all bets are off about the rest of the plugin working.
Was indeed a error in the xml, Even says that in the error, God knows how i missed that.

Cheers for ya help fella,
DFA Server Admin.

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by soehest » 16 Nov 2007 09:38

Hi there, been a while since i have been around. Great new release 0.88 which adresses both bugs and adds new great features (still looking forward to the dedimania integration if that is still planned?) But have been having some serious trouble with the new version which i don't think i have experienced in previous versions:

Jukebox behavior is odd and fails a lot. It is hard to pinpoint and recreate the error, An example from the logfile. We are playing a track and i do a /admin replay

[11/16,10:12:23] player soehest used chat command "/admin replay"
[11/16,10:12:23] MasterAdmin [soehest] requeued challenge!
End Round
End Race
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
{RASP Jukebox} Setting Next Challenge to Revolution, requested by soehest
Set timelimit for "Ode to gnu.eth0.dk": 290340 (Authortime: 48390)
[11/16,10:12:33] soehest won for the 360. time!
Begin Race
{RASP Jukebox} Next Challenge Revolution did not load once
[11/16,10:12:50] track changed [Revolution] >> [Ode to gnu.eth0.dk]
[11/16,10:12:50] current record on Ode to gnu.eth0.dk is 0:45.73 and held by D'IronMike
[11/16,10:13:06] << player 42 joined the game [tigerd : TigErD : DEN : 404298 : 86.52.79.151]
[11/16,10:13:11] player soehest used chat command "/nextmap "
[11/16,10:13:11] << player 43 joined the game [xanitos : milo : DEN : 212768 : 217.157.186.108]
Begin Round
[11/16,10:13:27] >> player 21 left the game [atk : Atk]
[11/16,10:14:42] >> player 39 left the game [kakao : kakao]
[11/16,10:17:29] >> player 22 left the game [hertugen : Hertugen]
[11/16,10:17:35] << player 44 joined the game [atk : Atk : DEN : 819766 : 85.202.19.214]
[11/16,10:18:07] [Local DB] player mr._fire finished with 49410 and took the 39. LR place!
End Round
End Race
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
Set timelimit for "Deletrius": 210000 (Authortime: 25770)
[11/16,10:18:12] mr._fire won for the 12. time!
[11/16,10:18:23] >> player 43 left the game [xanitos : milo]
Begin Race
{RASP Jukebox} Next Challenge Revolution failed twice - dropped from jukebox
[11/16,10:18:28] track changed [Ode to gnu.eth0.dk] >> [Deletrius]

As seen it does not load the track which is odd as it is the one being played, tries once and gives up and goes on to the next challenge. When this is ended it tries to load it the second time (shouldn't be loading it the second time before changing to a new track?) Other times there are problems when users are adding tracks to the jukebox. Track is never beeing played just hangs in the jukebox. Am i the only one having theese kind of troubles?

Should i myself give a qualifed guess it could have something to do with the bugfix:

Code: Select all

* if the jukebox is empty and the current track is deleted (/admin removethis/erasethis), /nextmap hangs up the ASECO/RASP system – fixed by the non-looping rewrite above
/admin removethis was used a couple of tracks ealier prior to the replay was issued but this is just a wild guess :-)

Regards
Daniel

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 16 Nov 2007 15:31

blooper wrote:I have another karma request. Change /karma so that you can enter a track number from /list (/karma 123) and see the karma of that track. I know about the /list karma command, but that won't show the amounts and percentages of the ++/-- votes.
Sure, that's neat. Done, will be in the imminent (and ever-ballooning :wink: ) v0.89.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 16 Nov 2007 15:33

lgrfbs-sweden wrote:Can I/we fix as chat.vote.php show the score like the plugin.rasp_karma.php show the karma then a track is loaded?
I didn't think anyone would still use the old voting system, so I didn't spend any time on it so far, but that was easy to add and will also be in v0.89.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

lgrfbs-sweden
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by lgrfbs-sweden » 16 Nov 2007 16:05

Realy thanks Image Xymph

I have change line 18:

$message = '{#error}You have to apply a numeric parameter (0-10 poorly=0 perfect=10)';
Admin On:Image
My server:lgrfbs server / XASECO plugins

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 16 Nov 2007 22:12

soehest wrote:Jukebox behavior is odd and fails a lot. It is hard to pinpoint and recreate the error, An example from the logfile. We are playing a track and i do a /admin replay

[11/16,10:12:23] player soehest used chat command "/admin replay"
[11/16,10:12:23] MasterAdmin [soehest] requeued challenge!
End Round
End Race
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
Set timelimit for "Ode to gnu.eth0.dk": 290340 (Authortime: 48390)
[11/16,10:12:33] soehest won for the 360. time!
Begin Race
{RASP Jukebox} Next Challenge Revolution did not load once
[11/16,10:12:50] track changed [Revolution] >> [Ode to gnu.eth0.dk]
[11/16,10:12:50] current record on Ode to gnu.eth0.dk is 0:45.73 and held by D'IronMike
[11/16,10:13:06] << player 42 joined the game [tigerd : TigErD : DEN : 404298 : 86.52.79.151]
[11/16,10:13:11] player soehest used chat command "/nextmap "
[11/16,10:13:11] << player 43 joined the game [xanitos : milo : DEN : 212768 : 217.157.186.108]
Begin Round
[11/16,10:13:27] >> player 21 left the game [atk : Atk]
[11/16,10:14:42] >> player 39 left the game [kakao : kakao]
[11/16,10:17:29] >> player 22 left the game [hertugen : Hertugen]
[11/16,10:17:35] << player 44 joined the game [atk : Atk : DEN : 819766 : 85.202.19.214]
[11/16,10:18:07] [Local DB] player mr._fire finished with 49410 and took the 39. LR place!
End Round
End Race
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
Set timelimit for "Deletrius": 210000 (Authortime: 25770)
[11/16,10:18:12] mr._fire won for the 12. time!
[11/16,10:18:23] >> player 43 left the game [xanitos : milo]
Begin Race
{RASP Jukebox} Next Challenge Revolution failed twice - dropped from jukebox
[11/16,10:18:28] track changed [Ode to gnu.eth0.dk] >> [Deletrius]

As seen it does not load the track which is odd as it is the one being played, tries once and gives up and goes on to the next challenge. When this is ended it tries to load it the second time (shouldn't be loading it the second time before changing to a new track?) Other times there are problems when users are adding tracks to the jukebox. Track is never beeing played just hangs in the jukebox. Am i the only one having theese kind of troubles?
I am also seeing some sporadic jukebox problems in my Aseco log, but they are not related to removed tracks like you suggest below. There are load-failed-once warnings when a chat-based vote to replay a track passes after the score screen has come up and Aseco is already examining the jukebox for the next track to load. Then the track to be replayed is still prepended to the jukebox, but the next track is already selected so the replayed track will come after it, and eventually be played and removed from the jukebox the normal way.

But possibly this /replay pass during the score screen can occasionally go wrong and cause jukebox problems later on, so I'll modify the vote process to expire at the end of the current track instead of the start of the next one, like it is now.

Another situation that can cause jukebox problems is when you don't play a track at all, but jukebox something and then go to it with /admin next. Then that jukeboxed track may not be loaded at first. This one I can't explain and I don't know whether it's related to Aseco code or an issue in the TMN server itself, as it's also hard to reproduce.

Let's see if the above change reduces jukebox issues, and then look further if necessary.
soehest wrote:Should i myself give a qualifed guess it could have something to do with the bugfix:

* if the jukebox is empty and the current track is deleted (/admin removethis/erasethis), /nextmap hangs up the ASECO/RASP system – fixed by the non-looping rewrite above
/admin removethis was used a couple of tracks ealier prior to the replay was issued but this is just a wild guess :-)
Very wild. :wink: I'm 100% certain that /nextmap fix had nothing to do with any jukebox issues, because all it does is read the jukebox, not modify it.

Djoszee
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO / TMN / TMUF

Post by Djoszee » 17 Nov 2007 19:20

I think I experienced simular problems yesterday Xymph.
I did an admin pass a few seconds before the next track was going to load. What happened was some kind of loop between the two tracks in the jukebox. Only happened once, and can't recall how it happened. Let's see if it get's fixed with the next version. ( I didn't watch it ending, I just cleared the jukebox)

New suggestion! :D
When using /players (or /list players (if that's possible)) you can view the login names, and apply the appropriate commands to them.
It annoys me that you need to use login names with commands like ban warn or black, and I have a small idea that I was hoping you could implement:
- Type "/players"
- A list popups up Number, player, login name
example: 01 - Player - Playerloginname
- The admin types "/warn 01"
- The player with number "01" on the player list recieves a warning.
- Other operators like 'black' 'ban' and other ones that work with usernames operate in the same way.
- (it would be cool if you could add 'pm' to it, even though that's a general command)

Do you think that this is possible to create? I think it shouldn't be too hard, but it saves typing in confusing loginnnames.

blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by blooper » 17 Nov 2007 19:27

Djoszee wrote:New suggestion! :D
When using /players (or /list players (if that's possible)) you can view the login names, and apply the appropriate commands to them.
It annoys me that you need to use login names with commands like ban warn or black, and I have a small idea that I was hoping you could implement:
- Type "/players"
- Other operators like 'black' 'ban' and other ones that work with usernames operate in the same way.
- (it would be cool if you could add 'pm' to it, even though that's a general command)

Do you think that this is possible to create? I think it shouldn't be too hard, but it saves typing in confusing loginnnames.
That's already possible. You just open the /players screen and then do a /admin warn 1 or whatever. I'm not sure about the pm thing though, but that would be a very nice feature.

Btw, when is the next version going to be released? Is it "imminent" yet? :P

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 17 Nov 2007 20:36

Djoszee wrote:I think I experienced simular problems yesterday Xymph.
I did an admin pass a few seconds before the next track was going to load. What happened was some kind of loop between the two tracks in the jukebox. Only happened once, and can't recall how it happened. Let's see if it get's fixed with the next version. ( I didn't watch it ending, I just cleared the jukebox)
Right, see my v0.89 post for more on that problem.
Djoszee wrote:New suggestion! :D
- Type "/players"

Why do you think there's a column with numbers in the /players output, with "Id" above it? :P This has been possible since the initial v0.8 release, even with /pm and /pma. :lol:
blooper wrote:Btw, when is the next version going to be released? Is it "imminent" yet?
No, now. :1

Edit: fixed quote. :)
Last edited by Xymph on 19 Nov 2007 00:06, edited 2 times in total.

Djoszee
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO / TMN / TMUF

Post by Djoszee » 18 Nov 2007 15:14

haha, you placed blooper his quote under my name :P
Sorry for beeing silly, I guess I didn't see :P

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 26 Nov 2007 20:29

Xymph wrote:
blooper wrote:More suggestions! :D
1. Would a command that prevents a person from chatting be possible? I'm thinking /admin (un)mute xxx
There is no mechanism built into the TMN server to mute a specific player. A chat line typed is immediately sent to all players as well as processed by Aseco. A no-chat mod exists (mentioned in the Plugins list on my page), but it has several problems. It works by keeping track of all chat from all players in an 18 lines buffer, but whenever a muted player enters a chat line, that line is not appended to the buffer and instead the entire buffer is output back to all players, effectively pushing that muted player's chat line out of the chat window (even if enlarged with 'c').

While I didn't actually try it, the first problem I see is overhead: on a busy server you can already observe that anything output by Aseco is delayed a bit because Aseco is busy handling a lot of events (checkpoints, finishes, records, chat commands, etc). So outputting that buffer may be delayed long enough for the muted player's message to still be visible long enough for other players to react on. However, this delay is partially due to the way Aseco bundles chat output calls, and AssemblerManiac showed me that unbundling may smoothen the output a bit (although that bundling is also done to reduce communication over the RPC channel to the server, so what you gain on one side you may loose on the other). The code in that no-chat mod above also isn't completely efficient so this overhead may be reduced, but a mute feature is still going to cause extra server load.

The second problem is that the chat history is not the same between players when they use chat commands to look up information just for themselves. Outputting the contents of one general buffer will cause them to loose that information at any moment a muted player says something. So ideally you'd have to keep track of each player's individual chat buffer, but that of course adds to the above overhead.
EDIT: it turns out this isn't even possible, as the PlayerChat event doesn't distinguish between messages sent to all players and those sent to one.

Thirdly, not everyone on a server may want an obnoxious player muted, or an admin may not be around to mute that player, so even more ideally any player should be able to mute any other player him/herself. You've guessed it... even more overhead. :roll:

I know there's demand for a mute feature (even on my own server :wink: ) but I doubt it can be done an a practical way. All in all it might just work better to have sufficient admins/operators around that can warn/kick/ban obnoxious players. Does anyone have experience actually running the above no-chat mod on a busy (20+ players) server?
Since noone provided any feedback, I decided last week to build a muting plugin myself and test how it would perform. The result: it works well enough to include in the upcoming v0.90 release, and is certainly more powerful and flexible than the above no-chat mod, but it does suffer from the inherent problem with the TMN server that I outlined above.

Full details about my muting plugin will be with the v0.90 release notes, but in short it allows admins to globally mute a player and players to individually mute other players, while preserving all global messages from the server and any pm's (but not the local messages from /pb and all similar commands, nor error messages).