ASECO/RASP v0.89 released!

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.89 released!

Post by Xymph » 28 Nov 2007 20:57

Fincer wrote:
Xymph wrote:I can't explain this right away, as I don't use rank limits on my server and never looked in detail at that particular code in the Jfreu plugin.
Okay. However, it'd be very helpful if you helped me out of this problem (can't support? :P). I don't know if there are some other players that would like this problem to be solved but, in fact, this is very annoying bug. :(
I plan to work through the Jfreu plugin in detail, and also incorporate an idea Luke Filewalker sent me a while ago, but I don't know when that will be done. So perhaps you best revert jfreu.plugin.php to an earlier version that still worked for you.
Fincer wrote:
Xymph wrote:That is strange indeed. Are you on TMN or TMO/TMS? Do /admin helpall and /jfreu helpall work or not?
I run my server on TMN (finnish server Morning Dawn). Yes, /admin helpall and /jfreu helpall work fine, no problems at all. The only help command that doesn't work is "/helpall". Btw, are there any other files except chat.help.php that incude code lines for /helpall -command? Maybe I should check them and try again. :)
Yes, the actual code that does all the work is in includes/basic.inc.php, function showHelp(). That one is called for all six help(all) commands, so I can't explain why one of them doesn't work for you, when they all work on my server. Have you replaced all *.php files with the ones from the v0.89 (or v0.90) zip file?
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Fincer
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU

Post by Fincer » 29 Nov 2007 22:34

Xymph wrote: I plan to work through the Jfreu plugin in detail, and also incorporate an idea Luke Filewalker sent me a while ago, but I don't know when that will be done. So perhaps you best revert jfreu.plugin.php to an earlier version that still worked for you.
I can wait, just keep good working! the most important is that plugins will be done with care. So you don't need to hurry - but don't forget my request. :P
Yes, the actual code that does all the work is in includes/basic.inc.php, function showHelp(). That one is called for all six help(all) commands, so I can't explain why one of them doesn't work for you, when they all work on my server. Have you replaced all *.php files with the ones from the v0.89 (or v0.90) zip file?
I checked the code lines and everything seemed perfect...no differences. Actually, I checked which files were re-coded in v.0.90 and replaced them if needed. But I have to point out that I had the same problem in v. 0.89. Anyway, if I remember rightly, the problem appeared immediately after I tried to attach the jukebox credits plugin to Aseco/Rasp which I already mentioned on my earlier posts. I'm not sure if that operation is the reason for my strange problems. It must be checked tomorrow.

By the way, I got a small idea. It would be cool if the server showed up automatically, for example, in the middle of a challenge or just after a challenge has been played, which will be the next track on the track list - without /nextmap -command. Many players seems not to understand to use that command (or are too lazy to do that :P) so it'd be helpful for jukeboxing. Most of the players may not like the upcoming track so it could be jukeboxed another one without hurrying.
I have several times used /me command to inform guys about the next track. Like: /me informs: the next challenge will be XX :)
Could you get me a code for that or do you just say like "there is a command to show the next map so say players in your server to use that command"? :D

Anyway, the idea that Blooper suggested is something I have also looked for. If it is too arduous, just ignore the request but I have to say that I'd facilitate erasing or removing tracks on a server. An admin could see all bad tracks with minus and the good ones in a moment without jukeboxing them all one by one and using /admin nextmap command! For example, I have over 40 tracks running on my server so it isn't very fun to look over all of them. Especially because I change my server tracks pretty often. So... :roll:

Fincer
My tracks on TMX: Author name: Fincer[/i]

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 30 Nov 2007 00:24

Fincer wrote:I can wait, just keep good working! the most important is that plugins will be done with care. So you don't need to hurry - but don't forget my request. :P
What request was that again? :P J/K, don't worry.

Btw, I already fixed that bug of the admin titles not showing up when the rank limiting stuff is active.
Fincer wrote:I checked the code lines and everything seemed perfect...no differences. Actually, I checked which files were re-coded in v.0.90 and replaced them if needed. But I have to point out that I had the same problem in v. 0.89. Anyway, if I remember rightly, the problem appeared immediately after I tried to attach the jukebox credits plugin to Aseco/Rasp which I already mentioned on my earlier posts. I'm not sure if that operation is the reason for my strange problems. It must be checked tomorrow.
Hmm yes, the jukebox credits plugin would take some work to properly integrate into v0.8+... that's the problem with any mod that replaces existing core plugin files instead of just adding a new one.

But have you tried any of my older versions between v0.8 and v0.88, and did the /helpall command not work there too? Or was v0.89 the first one in my series that you tried?
Fincer wrote:By the way, I got a small idea. It would be cool if the server showed up automatically, for example, in the middle of a challenge or just after a challenge has been played, which will be the next track on the track list - without /nextmap -command. Many players seems not to understand to use that command (or are too lazy to do that :P) so it'd be helpful for jukeboxing. Most of the players may not like the upcoming track so it could be jukeboxed another one without hurrying.
I have several times used /me command to inform guys about the next track. Like: /me informs: the next challenge will be XX :)
Could you get me a code for that or do you just say like "there is a command to show the next map so say players in your server to use that command"? :D
Uhm yeah, /nextmap has been in the old Aseco/Rasp systems since way before my initial v0.8. I don't think there's much of an excuse that users don't know that one yet, but it's never too late to learn something "new". :lol:
The problem with your suggestion of showing the next track after the current one is done, is that it's too late to jukebox another one anyhow (and if another track is jukeboxed, that will be shown already). Showing in the 'middle of a challenge' isn't practical because what the middle is varies depending on game mode and time/points limit. So, just teach your visitors the greatness of the /nextmap command 8) or use Jfreu's info messages system to remind them.
Fincer wrote:Anyway, the idea that Blooper suggested is something I have also looked for. If it is too arduous, just ignore the request but I have to say that I'd facilitate erasing or removing tracks on a server. An admin could see all bad tracks with minus and the good ones in a moment without jukeboxing them all one by one and using /admin nextmap command! For example, I have over 40 tracks running on my server so it isn't very fun to look over all of them. Especially because I change my server tracks pretty often. So... :roll:
There's already a /list karma -XX command to show the tracks with poor karma, I don't see how adding the counts of ++'s and --'s helps in that selection process. And for deleting tracks with bad karma automatically, I think you can use the Auto Track Manager plugin (link at the end of my page). Btw, 40+ tracks on a server is not really that much. :wink:
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Beepbeep612
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Beepbeep612 » 01 Dec 2007 16:28

Hi Xymph,

Very good job ! :1010

i install the new version for my lan server and i have some errors.

The logfile give that:

[Aseco] PHP Version is 5.2.3
[Aseco] Load settings [config.xml]
[Aseco] Load admin/ops lists [adminops.xml]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.localdatabase.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.rounds.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.admin.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.help.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.records.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.records2.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.recrels.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.players.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.players2.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.wins.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.stats.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.server.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.me.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.track.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.rasp.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.rasp_jukebox.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.rasp_chat.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.rasp_karma.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.rasp_nextmap.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.rasp_nextrank.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.rasp_votes.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.chatlog.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.uptodate.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [mistral.idlekick.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [jfreu.plugin.php]
[Aseco] Try to connect to server on localhost:5000
[Aseco] Try to authenticate with username 'superadmin' and password 'password'
[Aseco] Connection established successfully!
[Local DB] Load settings file
[Local DB] Try to connect to MySQL server
[Local DB] MySQL Server Version is 5.0.41-community-nt
[RASP] Cleaning up unused data
*-*-*-*-*-* RASP is running! *-*-*-*-*-*
|...Loading Settings
|...Loaded!
|...Checking database structure
|...Structure OK!
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
[12/01,16:52:31] << player 2 joined the game [###]
[RASP] Error - TMX Directory (Arrayc:\serveur\TMN\gamedata\tracks\Challenges\TMX) does not exist
[RASP] Error - TMX Directory (Arrayc:\serveur\TMN\gamedata\tracks\Challenges\TMX) can not be written to
###############################################################################
Aseco v0.90 Xymph running on localhost:5000
Game : TmNationsESWC - Rounds
Author: Florian Schnell
Re-Authored: Assembler Maniac & Xymph
###############################################################################
Begin Race
[RPC Error -1000] Permission denied.

If someone can help me, big thx :1

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 01 Dec 2007 16:46

Beepbeep612 wrote:Very good job ! :1010
Thanks. :)

i install the new version for my lan server and i have some errors.
Beepbeep612 wrote:The logfile give that:
[....]
[Aseco] Try to connect to server on localhost:5000
[Aseco] Try to authenticate with username 'superadmin' and password 'password'
Did you edit both of these in the log, or did you really use 'superadmin' (all lowercase) in config.xml? It needs to be 'SuperAdmin', just like in the first authorization level entry of TMN's dedicated.cfg. The passwords and RPC ports also need to match.
Beepbeep612 wrote:[Aseco] Connection established successfully!
[...]
[12/01,16:52:31] << player 2 joined the game [###]
[RASP] Error - TMX Directory (Arrayc:\serveur\TMN\gamedata\tracks\Challenges\TMX) does not exist
[RASP] Error - TMX Directory (Arrayc:\serveur\TMN\gamedata\tracks\Challenges\TMX) can not be written to
This happens because there's no proper RPC connection, as do the next errors.
Beepbeep612 wrote:Begin Race
[RPC Error -1000] Permission denied.[/color]
Hope it helps.

Beepbeep612
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Beepbeep612 » 01 Dec 2007 17:03

thx for the rapidity of answer :)

i ll try that

big thx

Beepbeep612
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Beepbeep612 » 01 Dec 2007 17:19

Arf, i am lost with all these login and password (sql, dedicated, and aseco) :)

Can you help me pls :idea:

Can you you explain me all these login if you have the time?

Big thx Xymph for your help :3

Beepbeep612
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Beepbeep612 » 01 Dec 2007 17:27

YEP :3

Aseco work :)

Just a little pb, /list nofinish give good map in the window.
/jukebox number is ok
/nextmap give the good map
but the next map isn't this one selected with jukebox. :?:

THx :D

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 04 Dec 2007 22:46

sbone wrote:One thing : im using ranklimit with jfreu
and your tools for custom/joining messages.
But if a player is kick when joining (cause the ranklimit)
Joinning message is displayed...
Is it possible to fix that ?
Showing only message if a player join ?
I'm working my way through the full Jfreu plugin, and found that if you set the hardlimit (/jfreu hardlimit <##>) to the same value as your desired rank limit (/jfreu setrank <##>), both players and spectators will be kicked without any messages, not to the kicked player nor to all other players. But this pertains to Jfreu's join messages only, not the Fufitools ones.

If the hardlimit is higher than the rank limit, players with a rank in between those limits will be kicked (and messages will be shown to the kicked player and to all, as you experienced) but spectators are still allowed to join (and get unspecced by /jfreu unspec or an /unspec vote).

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by soehest » 10 Dec 2007 06:40

Xymph wrote:
soehest wrote:Weeeh i got a failed /admin replay debug log

http://eth0.dk/tmp.txt

Doesn't enlighten me though perhaps you can see what is happening. Doing a /admin replay on a jukeboxed track, which fails
Well, I understand why that happened... and yet I don't. :?

But your log also shows that the track was jukeboxed (#32) from a regular /list, therefore didn't have the 'tmx' flag set in the jukebox object, and thus wasn't added temporarily before attempting to play it. That's the confusing part: if the track wasn't in the selection when attempting to play it, it also shouldn't have shown up in the /list window for you to jukebox it in the first place. And if it was added using /admin add, that's a permanent addition that would indeed cause it to show up in the /list window, but then the track would also have been in the track selection when attempting to play it.

Do you remember how you added the track to your server?
Uhmm sorry for late reply but been busy as usual :-) Must admit that i don't. It was probably added by /admin add xxxx using a previous version of aseco/rasp. My server does not allow jukebox add. The track in question was from a /list and a /jukebox command. It is all very odd :-)

Regards

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 10 Dec 2007 12:11

soehest wrote:Uhmm sorry for late reply but been busy as usual :-) Must admit that i don't. It was probably added by /admin add xxxx using a previous version of aseco/rasp. My server does not allow jukebox add. The track in question was from a /list and a /jukebox command. It is all very odd :-)
Well, I've been running with debugging on for the past few weeks, there's plenty jukeboxing and replaying (but no /add and /admin add) going on on my server, and the only cases where I've seen something go wrong is when a track is added to the jukebox (either by a user /jukebox or an /admin replay) right during the scoreboard when the track is being switched. Basically one process is interfering with the other. I can't think of anything I can do about that, apart from purposely disabling both commands briefly during that track switch, but I'd rather not do that because it will confuse players when their /jukebox command isn't working. So unless further debug logging reveals another type of problem, we'll just have to live with this issue. :)