ASECO/RASP v0.89 released!

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.89 released!

Post by Xymph » 27 Nov 2007 12:50

BReMFoX wrote:Maybe an idea to add a "/n" command.
Not that it has any use, but i see enough people voting with "/n" when a somebody starts a vote...
It's just for the feeling, the feeling that everyone has an opinion :)
The voting process doesn't need /n votes, so it would have to be a dummy command, but not voting /y does also express your opinion, since the vote will expire anyway if it doen't pass quickly enough. So I don't know whether 'just for the feeling' is a good enough reason to add a redundant command. :)
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 27 Nov 2007 13:00

SER*RubberDucky wrote:ok i tried what you guys suggested. but it still wont read the tracklist. this is what the rasp-tracklist looks like:
You say you have a rasp-tracklist.txt file. As mentioned in the v0.89 installation notes:
Important:
* If you use a tracklist / match settings file, the default file is now at "GameData/Tracks/MatchSettings/tracklist.xml" (previously "GameData/Tracks/rasp-tracklist.txt"), and alternate files should also be in the "GameData/Tracks/MatchSettings/" directory with the .xml extension.
So you still have the tracklist in the old filename/directory. Move/rename it as instructed above, update your TMN startup script to use the same path, and it should get loaded. Just be aware that the .xml extension will be reverted to .txt in the imminent v0.90.
SER*RubberDucky wrote:and this is what the tacklist looks like
That's not 'tacklist' but trackhist.txt, the history of recently played tracks, and has nothing to do with loading match settings.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

BigBurn
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU

Post by BigBurn » 27 Nov 2007 14:00

Xymph wrote:That log is a bit short... did you actually start a vote (e.g. /replay or /skip) before the /admin pass command? And what happens if you type /y on that running vote before trying to pass it?
I started that vote via menu, not chat-based. that's why it's not in the log?!
With /y I get the same result as with /admin pass: "There are no votes right now!"

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 27 Nov 2007 14:07

blooper wrote:Yay! More karma requests! :P Two small things:
1. Make "/list karma" show the amount of ++ and -- votes for each track.
Getting the ++ and -- totals requires one extra SQL query per track, that's some overhead, and the /list karma output is already tricky enough to format in nicely aligned columns due to the varying width of the karma number. I also don't really see the point of showing that amount of detail in an overview list. So I'll skip this one.
blooper wrote:2. Make "/list karma 0" show all tracks with zero karma and below, since zero does nothing right now and gives the full list of tracks.
Good catch, I never tried that one. Fixed.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 27 Nov 2007 14:14

BigBurn wrote:
Xymph wrote:That log is a bit short... did you actually start a vote (e.g. /replay or /skip) before the /admin pass command? And what happens if you type /y on that running vote before trying to pass it?
I started that vote via menu, not chat-based. that's why it's not in the log?!
With /y I get the same result as with /admin pass: "There are no votes right now!"
Ugh... nice way of sending me on a wild goose chase. :roll: :P

The v0.86 release notes clearly state:
new /admin pass command to force any TMX /add and chat-based vote to pass
You cannot use the chat-votes related commands to deal with CallVotes (those started via the Esc menu), they're two different systems. Only /admin cancel works to cancel both types of votes, but otherwise /admin pass, /cancel, and /y are part of the TMX /add and chat-votes system, which you can enable by setting $feature_votes = true; in rasp.settings.php (and that will automatically disable CallVotes).

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 27 Nov 2007 14:31

f*ckfish wrote:One thing that would be really cool but a bit more work I think would be an online registration of the current serverlogins and their respective (maybe colored) nicknames and maybe the country. I've always searched for a site where you could find out the servername for a given serverlogin to use it in signatures or statistic pages. Since nearly everyone uses Aseco and lots of guys constantly upgrade, Aseco could be the tool to make this happen.

If you look at that page http://fish.oorf.de/cpanddf.php?login=**** (replace the login with one login that is currently online ;-) ) you can only see the current server's login (pulled from one tmn site), but it would be really nice to actually retrieve the servername.

I could imagine a website h**p://gamers.org/tmn/servername.php?login=niceserver which outputs the servername and maybe other stuff in the style that the trackmania pages do (for example http://ladder.trackmanianations.com/lad ... ountry=GER )
Neat script you have there. :) But I don't really see a good reason for separately registering server logins/names. That falls within the context of public databases such as Dedimania and AsecoTMU, which are already doing that and also keep track of a lot more info than just the server names. Or am I missing the point?

BigBurn
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by BigBurn » 27 Nov 2007 14:33

Xymph wrote:Ugh... nice way of sending me on a wild goose chase. :roll: :P
Ooooh, I'm very sorry :oops: My apoligy: I read the release notes but, it seems, didn't understand them clearly :oops:
Thank you very much to be so patient and insightful :D

So, there is no way to pass (force) call-based votes?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 27 Nov 2007 14:38

BigBurn wrote:
Xymph wrote:Ugh... nice way of sending me on a wild goose chase. :roll: :P
Ooooh, I'm very sorry :oops: My apoligy: I read the release notes but, it seems, didn't understand them clearly :oops:
Thank you very much to be so patient and insightful :D
Yeah, well, it also taught me to ask better questions about the nature of the problem. :wink:
BigBurn wrote:So, there is no way to pass (force) call-based votes?
No, there is no way to find out any info about ongoing CallVotes, or apply any influence on them. Only cancel is possible, but that doesn't even check whether there's actually a vote running, it just blindly issues the cancel call to the server. That's one of the biggest deficiences in the TMN(O/S) server, and a major reason to develop the chat-based vote system.

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 27 Nov 2007 19:23

Xymph wrote:Neat script you have there. :) But I don't really see a good reason for separately registering server logins/names. That falls within the context of public databases such as Dedimania and AsecoTMU, which are already doing that and also keep track of a lot more info than just the server names. Or am I missing the point?
That's exactly what I was searching for, didn't know dedimania had the serverstuff built in =) That's one more reason for me to encourage you to build it into Aseco ;-) Does anyone know how to use it to actually find out servernames and stuff or in other words, is the possibility existing to get the servernames or is data like that just internally used for the website?
inactive, sorry

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 27 Nov 2007 20:52

f*ckfish wrote:That's exactly what I was searching for, didn't know dedimania had the serverstuff built in =) That's one more reason for me to encourage you to build it into Aseco ;-) Does anyone know how to use it to actually find out servernames and stuff or in other words, is the possibility existing to get the servernames or is data like that just internally used for the website?
I looked in the FAST code, and it appears the server's name is sent to Dedimania when the server is announced to their database, but otherwise don't know what you can do there. I have spent only a little time looking into the whole Dedimania situation uptil now, as it's a pretty complex thing to understand and build a plugin for, and I had plenty other features / bug fixes to implement so far. :wink:

SER*RubberDucky
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by SER*RubberDucky » 28 Nov 2007 01:03

That's not 'tacklist' but trackhist.txt, the history of recently played tracks, and has nothing to do with loading match settings.
i know but thats what i get when i type in /admin writetracklist. that is the file that it spits out at me.
Antec nine hundred advanced gaming case
Nvidea nforce 680i sli
Thermaltake toughpower 700 watts
Intel core 2 duo processor 2.4 ghz
OCZ DDR2 memory 4 gigs pc8500 dual ocz
Nvidia e-GeForce 8800 GTS overclocked

Fincer
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Fincer » 28 Nov 2007 13:16

I have a very strange problem with my Aseco 0.90, in earlier version 0.89 as well. That's why I'm writing this reply on this topic. :)

Anyway, the problem I'm talking about is that Aseco allows everyone to join the server and doesn't kick overranked players. I use rank limit 400 000 and every overranked player gets a V.I.P status - no SpecOnly that they should get...
I have checked all code lines in jfreu.plugin.php and jfreu.config.php. The code matches with the newest jfreu plugin and Aseco Rasp 0.9 modifications so I suppose that the core of the problem isn't there although my brain says something else... :S

Main settings in jfreu.config.php:

Code: Select all

//-> autorank: autorank default state (0 = OFF, 1 = ON)
$autorank=0;

//-> ranklimit: ranklimit default state (0 = OFF, 1= ON)
$ranklimit=1;

//-> limit: ranklimit default value (when autorank is OFF)
$limit=400000;

//-> spec ranklimit
$hardlimit=1000000;

//-> offset (average + offset = rankLimit)
$offset=300;

//-> autorankminplayer (autorank disabled when not enough players)
$autorankminplayer=10;
//-> autorankvip: vip/unspec over ranklimit in server rank average (1 = no, 0= yes)
$autorankvip=1;

//-> maxplayers
$maxplayers=20;
//-> kick hirank when server is full and new player coming (0 = OFF, 1= ON)
$kickhirank=0;
Another problem linked with the previous one is that when I, as a MasterAdmin, join the server, the in-game chat just shows message:
New Player: Fincer Nation: FIN...and so on. Is that right or should it be "MasterAdmin: Fincer Nation: FIN..."? I don't understand why it doesn't work. :(

The third problem is that trying to use command "/helpall" nothing happens. Aseco console registers the command is used but just nothing happens in-game. Command "/help" works fine without errors.

Is there any way to solve these problems without reinstalling the whole Aseco again? I have modified the texts and color codes so much that it'd be annoying lose them. Please, if you are able to help me on the ground of beforementioned information, help me. If all you can say is that "Reinstall it and try again", don't trouble to answer. :cry:

Edit: I found something. When I disable the rank limit, the server shows me as MasterAdmin. Strange, very strange...
My tracks on TMX: Author name: Fincer[/i]

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 28 Nov 2007 13:32

SER*RubberDucky wrote:
i know but thats what i get when i type in /admin writetracklist. that is the file that it spits out at me.
I'm not sure what you mean there. There's no file called 'tacklist' being written anywhere from Aseco. There's a "GameData/Tracks/trackhist.txt" file (with an 'h') that contains the history, and the "GameData/Tracks/MatchSettings/tracklist.txt" file (with an 'l') with the match settings. In v0.89 it had a .xml extension, in v0.90 it's back to .txt. Have you tried v0.90 already?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 28 Nov 2007 13:48

Fincer wrote:I have a very strange problem with my Aseco 0.90, in earlier version 0.89 as well. That's why I'm writing this reply on this topic. :)

Anyway, the problem I'm talking about is that Aseco allows everyone to join the server and doesn't kick overranked players. I use rank limit 400 000 and every overranked player gets a V.I.P status - no SpecOnly that they should get...
I have checked all code lines in jfreu.plugin.php and jfreu.config.php. The code matches with the newest jfreu plugin and Aseco Rasp 0.9 modifications so I suppose that the core of the problem isn't there although my brain says something else... :S
I can't explain this right away, as I don't use rank limits on my server and never looked in detail at that particular code in the Jfreu plugin.
Fincer wrote:Another problem linked with the previous one is that when I, as a MasterAdmin, join the server, the in-game chat just shows message:
New Player: Fincer Nation: FIN...and so on. Is that right or should it be "MasterAdmin: Fincer Nation: FIN..."? I don't understand why it doesn't work. :(

Edit: I found something. When I disable the rank limit, the server shows me as MasterAdmin. Strange, very strange...
Yes, that's normal, as I only added the admin title definition bits to the normal player connect code. The Jfreu code that handles vips/specs/ranklimits has four different places where a New Player message is generated, and I simply didn't any spend effort on adding admin title definitions there too for the reason mentioned above.
Fincer wrote:The third problem is that trying to use command "/helpall" nothing happens. Aseco console registers the command is used but just nothing happens in-game. Command "/help" works fine without errors.
That is strange indeed. Are you on TMN or TMO/TMS? Do /admin helpall and /jfreu helpall work or not?

Fincer
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Fincer » 28 Nov 2007 19:28

Xymph wrote:I can't explain this right away, as I don't use rank limits on my server and never looked in detail at that particular code in the Jfreu plugin.
Okay. However, it'd be very helpful if you helped me out of this problem (can't support? :P). I don't know if there are some other players that would like this problem to be solved but, in fact, this is very annoying bug. :(
Xymph wrote:That is strange indeed. Are you on TMN or TMO/TMS? Do /admin helpall and /jfreu helpall work or not?
I run my server on TMN (finnish server Morning Dawn). Yes, /admin helpall and /jfreu helpall work fine, no problems at all. The only help command that doesn't work is "/helpall". Btw, are there any other files except chat.help.php that incude code lines for /helpall -command? Maybe I should check them and try again. :)
My tracks on TMX: Author name: Fincer[/i]