ASECO/RASP (on steroids) v0.92b released

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Re: ASECO/RASP (on steroids) v0.92b released

Post by Ant » 03 Jan 2008 19:16

Xymph, I know I mentioned it before to you while on your server, but I thought I'd remind you here :-

I think aseco could benefit from an /admin prev plugin like fast has, so if you don't replay or restart in time, you can use this command to go back to the track straightaway.

If you can do this that would be great man, and i'd only need fast for the dedi recs until you get em on aseco.

Well done for the pimped up version so far its workin perfect at the moment for me ! :1010

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 03 Jan 2008 20:07

Tony_Bad_Mann wrote:Xymph, I know I mentioned it before to you while on your server, but I thought I'd remind you here :-

I think aseco could benefit from an /admin prev plugin like fast has, so if you don't replay or restart in time, you can use this command to go back to the track straightaway.
This is already done, will be in v0.93.
Tony_Bad_Mann wrote:If you can do this that would be great man, and i'd only need fast for the dedi recs until you get em on aseco.

Well done for the pimped up version so far its workin perfect at the moment for me ! :1010
Okay. :)
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 03 Jan 2008 20:36

soehest wrote:Will just write some comments about the jukebox trouble (tracks not playing)

My findings seems to indicate that the problem only exists on specific tracks. Perhaps tracks added in ealier version of aseco/rasp. I have been debugging on a specific track (Revolution by tobse92)

At first i noticed that the track wouldn't load on a replay:

|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
[ASECO Warning] [-1000] Challenge not in the selection.
[01/02,00:39:47] track changed [Revolution] >> [Mercedes]

Found this odd as the map is playing when doing a /admin replay

Then turned debug mode on and was quite surprised to see the content of the array:

Array
(
[u5hqlzoaFjCdNQKf7OTzgjc2Oz2] => Array
(
[FileName] => Challenges/adminadd/Revolution.challenge.gbx
[Name] => Revolution
[Login] => soehest
[Nick] => $3FFso$3CCeh$399est
[tmx] =>
[uid] => u5hqlzoaFjCdNQKf7OTzgjc2Oz2
)

)

rasp_endrace step2 - $jukebox_check: u5hqlzoaFjCdNQKf7OTzgjc2Oz2
rasp_endrace step2 - $jukebox:
Array
(
(
[FileName] => Challenges/adminadd/Revolution.challenge.gbx
[Name] => Revolution
[Login] => soehest
[tmx] =>
)

)

This file has been added a long time ago, in the adminadd folder but then it has later been removed and readded using a /admin add command: In the matchsettings file it is listed as:

<challenge>
<file>Challenges/TMX/1092568.challenge.gbx</file>
<ident>u5hqlzoaFjCdNQKf7OTzgjc2Oz2</ident>
</challenge>

Notice there are no reference to Challenges/adminadd/Revolution.challenge.gbx in there, so i was quite puzzled and tried to dig into the mysql database to see if paths were stored in there but can't seem to find it anywhere, but is must have fetched this old path from somewhere?
Filenames are indeed not stored in the database, they're only maintained by the TMN server. I can't tell exactly what went on above, but once you have the server running for such a long time that you don't even know how a track with such a non-standard 'adminadd' path got in the jukebox, it would just be better and simpler to restart the server with a good clean matchsettings file. :P
soehest wrote:Then i tried to delete the track /admin erase and removed every old file of this track and readded it /admin add

{RASP Jukebox} Setting Next Challenge to $w$i$10dRevolution, requested by soehest
Begin Race
rasp_newtrack step1 - $data->uid: 9oY8G5p04pEnM_qF1zVfAUP0DHm
rasp_newtrack step1 - $jukebox_check: u5hqlzoaFjCdNQKf7OTzgjc2Oz2
rasp_newtrack step1 - $jukebox:
Array
(
(
[FileName] => Challenges/TMX/Revolution.Challenge.gbx
[Name] => $w$i$10dRevolution
[Login] => soehest
[tmx] =>
)

[CXthNPNnrp3p_9qQQUVxtAripT3] => Array
(
[FileName] => Challenges/TMX/Foetida Lapi.Challenge.gbx
[Name] => Foetida Lapi
[Login] => mr._madsen
[Nick] => $w$f00NDK]$fffMadseN
[tmx] =>
[uid] => CXthNPNnrp3p_9qQQUVxtAripT3
)

)

{RASP Jukebox} Intended Challenge $w$i$10dRevolution - index: 0
[01/02,17:09:36] track changed [gnu.eth0.dk] >> [IriSh Tech 4]

As seen the array now do contain the correct path, but the track it is indeed not playing and actually stops playing tracks in the jukebox. There are two tracks in there but still it goes to another track [IriSh Tech 4].
The first log line above is "Setting Next Challenge to" but if the track couldn't be loaded, there should have been an error message before that, and definitely several "rasp_endrace step" entries. I really can't tell what's going on if you don't post complete logs, I'm afraid.
soehest wrote:More findings. It seems it does the same when readding a track that has been removed from the tracklisting (if someone forgot to type /admin writetracklist ;-)) Then the track will have a _1 appended to the filename which in my opinion really is a bad thing as the track will acumulate in the track directory. I expierenced those tracks with _1 appended would not replay, so had to delete all the track files _1 _2 and readd then it seems to work :-)
This was already discussed earlier in this thread.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by soehest » 03 Jan 2008 21:13

Xymph wrote:
soehest wrote:Will just write some comments about the jukebox trouble (tracks not playing)

My findings seems to indicate that the problem only exists on specific tracks. Perhaps tracks added in ealier version of aseco/rasp. I have been debugging on a specific track (Revolution by tobse92)

At first i noticed that the track wouldn't load on a replay:

|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
[01/02,00:39:47] track changed [Revolution] >> [Mercedes]

Notice there are no reference to Challenges/adminadd/Revolution.challenge.gbx in there, so i was quite puzzled and tried to dig into the mysql database to see if paths were stored in there but can't seem to find it anywhere, but is must have fetched this old path from somewhere?
Filenames are indeed not stored in the database, they're only maintained by the TMN server. I can't tell exactly what went on above, but once you have the server running for such a long time that you don't even know how a track with such a non-standard 'adminadd' path got in the jukebox, it would just be better and simpler to restart the server with a good clean matchsettings file. :P
My point of that log and message was to show that i didn't add that track (with that path) to the jukebox, it was not listed with that path in the matchsettings file and haven't been for ages. My guess is that the tmn server read all challenges in the /Challenges and thus it finds both tracks, the one in adminadd and the one in TMX dir and perhaps the jukebox is operating by uid so it can add a track with a path different from the one in the matchsetting? Does this make sense :-) Way to fix would of course be sure that there are no duplicate tracks in the challenge dir.

soehest wrote:Then i tried to delete the track /admin erase and removed every old file of this track and readded it /admin add

As seen the array now do contain the correct path, but the track it is indeed not playing and actually stops playing tracks in the jukebox. There are two tracks in there but still it goes to another track [IriSh Tech 4].
Xymph wrote:The first log line above is "Setting Next Challenge to" but if the track couldn't be loaded, there should have been an error message before that, and definitely several "rasp_endrace step" entries. I really can't tell what's going on if you don't post complete logs, I'm afraid.
Oh i missed the endrace entry, but no errors are produced:
[01/02,17:09:17] >> player 107 left the game [okleefmenqh : Okleefmenqh]
End Race
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
rasp_endrace step1 - $jukebox:
Array
(
(
[Login] => soehest
[tmx] =>
)

(
[Name] => Foetida Lapi
[Login] => mr._madsen
[tmx] =>
)

)

rasp_endrace step2 - $jukebox_check: u5hqlzoaFjCdNQKf7OTzgjc2Oz2
rasp_endrace step2 - $jukebox:
Array
(
(
[Login] => soehest
[tmx] =>
)

(
[Name] => Foetida Lapi
[Login] => mr._madsen
[tmx] =>
)

)

{RASP Jukebox} Setting Next Challenge to $w$i$10dRevolution, requested by soehest
Set timelimit for "Revolution": 223800 (Authortime: 37300)
[01/02,17:09:21] xhybjergbaabz won for the 332. time!
[01/02,17:09:21] >> player 237 left the game [diskokevin : $f00DANCE! :D/-< :D\-< :D|-<]
[01/02,17:09:24] player flovmand used chat command "/recs "
Begin Race
rasp_newtrack step1 - $data->uid: 9oY8G5p04pEnM_qF1zVfAUP0DHm
rasp_newtrack step1 - $jukebox_check: u5hqlzoaFjCdNQKf7OTzgjc2Oz2
rasp_newtrack step1 - $jukebox:
Array

(
[Login] => soehest
[tmx] =>
)

(
[Name] => Foetida Lapi
[Login] => mr._madsen
[tmx] =>
)

)

{RASP Jukebox} Intended Challenge $w$i$10dRevolution - index: 0
[01/02,17:09:36] track changed [gnu.eth0.dk] >> [IriSh Tech 4]

That was the full log of the incident :-)

While i am here, a small bug. If a skip vote passes before the tracks begin (when it is counting down) the track will not skip.

Weeeh that became a long post hope you can read it still :D

Regards

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 03 Jan 2008 22:35

soehest wrote:My point of that log and message was to show that i didn't add that track (with that path) to the jukebox, it was not listed with that path in the matchsettings file and haven't been for ages. My guess is that the tmn server read all challenges in the /Challenges and thus it finds both tracks, the one in adminadd and the one in TMX dir and perhaps the jukebox is operating by uid so it can add a track with a path different from the one in the matchsetting? Does this make sense :-) Way to fix would of course be sure that there are no duplicate tracks in the challenge dir.
Yeah, Aseco just can't cope with all possible ways to mismanage your track selection. :wink:
But as far as I know, the TMN server looks only at the challenges listed in the matchsettings file that's specified at startup with the /game_settings= option. Any other challenges in the same or other directories are not loaded into the track list.
soehest wrote: Oh i missed the endrace entry, but no errors are produced:
[...snip...]
That was the full log of the incident :-)
Well, then I still can't explain it, sorry.
soehest wrote:While i am here, a small bug. If a skip vote passes before the tracks begin (when it is counting down) the track will not skip.
That has nothing to do with Aseco, it did send the NextChallenge call, but at certain times (like when it's syncing up players for the start of a new track) the TMN server just doesn't respond to such calls. Skipping a track before you've even tried it isn't very nice anyway. :P

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 04 Jan 2008 00:00

When you connect to a linux box using putty, think to set Wondow->translation->charset to utf-8, perhaps you will have less name problems. Btw personnaly i always rename tracks filenames to remove all non alphanumerical chars

braet
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by braet » 04 Jan 2008 09:20

I want to insert in the adminops.xml, two catergories "TeamAdmin" and "TeamPlayer" with minimal rights!!

Which Files must I change, please help me........

THX

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Post by Ant » 04 Jan 2008 10:20

Xymph, there is one more thing - its not a major issue whatsoever but i thought it could do with changing, in the matchsave plugin there are these lines :

Code: Select all

$noFinishRace = false;
	if ($msg == '') {
		     $noFinishRace=true;
		     $msg = '$z'.$MatchSettings['col_round_points'].'Noone in a team finished.';
	}

$noFinishMatch = false;
	if ($matchmsg == '') {
		     $noFinishMatch = true;
		     $matchmsg = '$z'.$MatchSettings['col_match_points'].'Noone in a team finished';
	} 
I changed mine to say Nobody instead of Noone as Nobody reads better than Noone.

what dya reckon ? worth changing ?

[TR]Lexicon
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMU TMUF

Post by [TR]Lexicon » 04 Jan 2008 11:24

Xymph wrote:
[TR]Lexicon wrote:I have a smal selection, maybe this is telling you more.... ?
So you were playing a track (The Goodlife), ran a /replay vote which did not pass (otherwise there would have been a line in the log saying "Vote by <XXX> replays track after finish!"), the first track in the jukebox is B-7, but the server cannot load it as the ChooseNextChallenge call returns that "Challenge not in the selection" error, so another track (F-5) from the server's list is loaded. So this doesn't prove that there's a problem with /replay, as that vote needs to pass before it will jukebox the current track.

The only question is: do you really have B-7 in your server's track list? Try /admin writetracklist and check GameData/Tracks/MatchSettings/tracklist.txt for the track's filename and UID (<ident> 1f4A73gN3iqNu9H82Hyfw7ASk3b).
It is not a big problem, will try your suggestion :)
B7 is now indeed in the server (training for a match) thanks for your time.

jollygood
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by jollygood » 04 Jan 2008 12:37

Hi,

Absolutely a great job with this! :)

Just one issue I have...the "/admin" and "/add" commands does not work for me. When using the /admin I get a message saying "Unknown admin command". The chat.admin.php plugin is in the plugins directory and is loaded without any error.

What could be the cause if this?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 04 Jan 2008 13:16

jollygood wrote:Just one issue I have...the "/admin" and "/add" commands does not work for me. When using the /admin I get a message saying "Unknown admin command". The chat.admin.php plugin is in the plugins directory and is loaded without any error.

You're typing "/admin /add <ID>" ? Try "/admin add <ID>" (without the slash) instead. :wink: If that's not it, post the complete error message, including the part that shows what you typed after "/admin".

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 04 Jan 2008 13:18

Tony_Bad_Mann wrote:Xymph, there is one more thing - its not a major issue whatsoever but i thought it could do with changing, in the matchsave plugin there are these lines :

$noFinishRace = false;
	if ($msg == '') {
		     $noFinishRace=true;
	}

$noFinishMatch = false;
	if ($matchmsg == '') {
		     $noFinishMatch = true;
	} 
I changed mine to say Nobody instead of Noone as Nobody reads better than Noone.
Uhm, hardly, but I don't mind one way or the other, since Matchsave is really F*ckfish's plugin. If he's okay with it I'll put it in the next release though.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 04 Jan 2008 13:25

braet wrote:I want to insert in the adminops.xml, two catergories "TeamAdmin" and "TeamPlayer" with minimal rights!!

Which Files must I change, please help me........
That's not trivial... you'd have to update aseco.php to read/write the new sections in adminops.xml, add new functions to check whether a given login is a member of those groups and has the required abilities, and add new options to /admin to add/remove players from those groups.
It would be easier to just make those team members operators, and adjust the operator abililities list to your liking.

jollygood
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by jollygood » 04 Jan 2008 13:35

Xymph wrote:
jollygood wrote:Just one issue I have...the "/admin" and "/add" commands does not work for me. When using the /admin I get a message saying "Unknown admin command". The chat.admin.php plugin is in the plugins directory and is loaded without any error.

You're typing "/admin /add <ID>" ? Try "/admin add <ID>" (without the slash) instead. :wink: If that's not it, post the complete error message, including the part that shows what you typed after "/admin".
Sorry if I was abit unclear. I meant the 2 seperate commands "/admin" and "/add ###"...not together in one line :)

So, when I type "/admin" and hit Enter I get "Unknown admin command" with red italic letters.

I've made sure I'm included as Admin and since other admin commands like "/admin help","/admin players" and "/admin nextmap" is working just fine it would seem it's not a issue with permissions atleast.

Or perhaps I just have missunderstood the commands altogether....would the command "/admin help" be identical to just use "/admin"?

And the "/add <TMX_ID>" command perhaps must be "/admin add <TMX_ID>" ?

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 04 Jan 2008 16:23

Xymph wrote:
Tony_Bad_Mann wrote:Xymph, there is one more thing - its not a major issue whatsoever but i thought it could do with changing, in the matchsave plugin there are these lines :

$noFinishRace = false;
	if ($msg == '') {
		     $noFinishRace=true;
	}

$noFinishMatch = false;
	if ($matchmsg == '') {
		     $noFinishMatch = true;
	} 
Uhm, hardly, but I don't mind one way or the other, since Matchsave is really F*ckfish's plugin. If he's okay with it I'll put it in the next release though.
Everything you want ;-) I don't mind either. Just take the "better-english" version :D
inactive, sorry