ASECO/RASP (on steroids) v0.92b released

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: ASECO/RASP (on steroids) v0.92b released

Post by Xymph » 04 Jan 2008 16:30

jollygood wrote:
Xymph wrote: You're typing "/admin /add <ID>" ? Try "/admin add <ID>" (without the slash) instead. :wink: If that's not it, post the complete error message, including the part that shows what you typed after "/admin".
Sorry if I was abit unclear. I meant the 2 seperate commands "/admin" and "/add ###"...not together in one line :)
Ow :roll:
jollygood wrote:So, when I type "/admin" and hit Enter I get "Unknown admin command" with red italic letters.
Yes of course.
jollygood wrote:I've made sure I'm included as Admin and since other admin commands like "/admin help","/admin players" and "/admin nextmap" is working just fine it would seem it's not a issue with permissions atleast.
Nope, but those do show you how /admin should be used... with an option that tells it what to do. :wink:
jollygood wrote:Or perhaps I just have missunderstood the commands altogether....would the command "/admin help" be identical to just use "/admin"?
Yes you did. No it wouldn't. :P
jollygood wrote:And the "/add <TMX_ID>" command perhaps must be "/admin add <TMX_ID>" ?
No, those are two separate valid commands. /add (if enabled in rasp.settings.php) starts a user vote whether to add that track, /admin add adds it right away.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 04 Jan 2008 16:32

f*ckfish wrote:
Xymph wrote: Uhm, hardly, but I don't mind one way or the other, since Matchsave is really F*ckfish's plugin. If he's okay with it I'll put it in the next release though.
Everything you want ;-) I don't mind either. Just take the "better-english" version :D
Not sure which one is better English :wink: but it's changed in the next release. <shrug> :)
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

jollygood
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by jollygood » 04 Jan 2008 17:40

Ok,

So there is no command that is simply "/admin"?

In other version of Aseco (don't know what version) it was possible to use this command to get a "Meny" of availible admin commands and choose the one you wanted to use.
This is not working in this version so it seems.

El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S

Post by El Fuego » 04 Jan 2008 18:05

Maybe an earlier version of Aseco had a check such that /admin with no other command after it automatically made it into the /admin help command?

TBH though, if a command doesn't work, don't keep trying it. :wink:
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

jollygood
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by jollygood » 04 Jan 2008 18:18

El Fuego wrote:Maybe an earlier version of Aseco had a check such that /admin with no other command after it automatically made it into the /admin help command?

TBH though, if a command doesn't work, don't keep trying it. :wink:
The thing is that we have a clan and the clan admins would like to have a server similiar to the one that just recently totaly crashed and since this was one of the things the other admins was requesting on this new server I'm trying to keep them happy :)

There is a plugin with a name "plugin.admin.php" that I have put in the plugins directory...changed the plugins.xml file and added this but the plugin will not be loaded. I get...FATAL ERROR...plugin not found...but it is in that exakt directory...i've tripple checked.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 04 Jan 2008 19:41

jollygood wrote:So there is no command that is simply "/admin"?
Nope.
jollygood wrote:In other version of Aseco (don't know what version) it was possible to use this command to get a "Meny" of availible admin commands and choose the one you wanted to use.
You may be thinking of AsecoTMU, which uses the ManiaLink GUI (windows, buttons you can click with the mouse, etc) that TMU provides. There /admin indeed provides a menu with clickable commands. That's not possible in TMN (and older games) with its much simpler GUI.
jollygood wrote:The thing is that we have a clan and the clan admins would like to have a server similiar to the one that just recently totaly crashed and since this was one of the things the other admins was requesting on this new server I'm trying to keep them happy :)
Was the crashed server running TMU? Then you better get AsecoTMU. The Aseco discussed in these v0.8/0.9+ threads is for TMO/TMS/TMN.
jollygood wrote:There is a plugin with a name "plugin.admin.php" that I have put in the plugins directory...changed the plugins.xml file and added this but the plugin will not be loaded. I get...FATAL ERROR...plugin not found...but it is in that exakt directory...i've tripple checked.
plugin.admin.php sounds like a file from AsecoTMU, it's certainly not a valid file in my Aseco series, and you can't use it on TMN.

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 04 Jan 2008 20:39

El Fuego wrote:Maybe an earlier version of Aseco had a check such that /admin with no other command after it automatically made it into the /admin help command?
Just like in the MatchSave plugin =)
inactive, sorry

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Post by Ant » 04 Jan 2008 20:47

Xymph wrote:
f*ckfish wrote:
Xymph wrote: Uhm, hardly, but I don't mind one way or the other, since Matchsave is really F*ckfish's plugin. If he's okay with it I'll put it in the next release though.
Everything you want ;-) I don't mind either. Just take the "better-english" version :D
Not sure which one is better English :wink: but it's changed in the next release. <shrug> :)
nice one, its a great plugin anyway cos i think thats the only thing i changed - along with a few changes in the xml too - with fuegos help i might add.

jollygood
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by jollygood » 05 Jan 2008 15:20

Xymph wrote:
jollygood wrote:So there is no command that is simply "/admin"?
Nope.
jollygood wrote:In other version of Aseco (don't know what version) it was possible to use this command to get a "Meny" of availible admin commands and choose the one you wanted to use.
You may be thinking of AsecoTMU, which uses the ManiaLink GUI (windows, buttons you can click with the mouse, etc) that TMU provides. There /admin indeed provides a menu with clickable commands. That's not possible in TMN (and older games) with its much simpler GUI.
jollygood wrote:The thing is that we have a clan and the clan admins would like to have a server similiar to the one that just recently totaly crashed and since this was one of the things the other admins was requesting on this new server I'm trying to keep them happy :)
Was the crashed server running TMU? Then you better get AsecoTMU. The Aseco discussed in these v0.8/0.9+ threads is for TMO/TMS/TMN.
jollygood wrote:There is a plugin with a name "plugin.admin.php" that I have put in the plugins directory...changed the plugins.xml file and added this but the plugin will not be loaded. I get...FATAL ERROR...plugin not found...but it is in that exakt directory...i've tripple checked.
plugin.admin.php sounds like a file from AsecoTMU, it's certainly not a valid file in my Aseco series, and you can't use it on TMN.
Well, this explains it. Thanks. I'll give the news to my team :)

I wild guess from my side is that they did run the TMU and Aseco 1.2.0. But then I dont understand how we could play TMN on it...or perhaps that is possible. Regardless, we will live without this function...no problem.

jollygood
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by jollygood » 05 Jan 2008 15:52

Hi again :)

1 issue:
--> Callvote does not work.

The setting $feature_votes are set to false in the rasp.settings.php file.

Senario:
Hitting Esc...Advanced Options...."Vote" option is gray not able to choose it. Choosing Callvote next challenge...Do you really want to....Yes...getting error: Unable to callvote...Reason: Callvote not allowed.

Have tried to restart Aseco. (I get no errors during startup)

Using following on the Server:

Windows XP SP 2
Apache Server 2.2
PHP 5.2.5
MySQL 5.0
Aseco/Rasp v.0.92b

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by soehest » 05 Jan 2008 22:26

jollygood wrote:Hi again :)

1 issue:
Actually aseco has nothing do to with the callvote system used internally on the trackmanianations server. This is controlled in your dedicated.cfg file:

<enable_p2p_download>True</enable_p2p_download>
<callvote_timeout>60000</callvote_timeout>
<callvote_ratio>0.5</callvote_ratio>
<allow_challenge_download>True</allow_challenge_download>
</server_options>

Your callvote_timeout is probably set to 0 thus the callvote is not enabled :-)

Regards

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 05 Jan 2008 23:46

jollygood wrote:1 issue:

The setting $feature_votes are set to false in the rasp.settings.php file.

Senario:
Hitting Esc...Advanced Options...."Vote" option is gray not able to choose it. Choosing Callvote next challenge...Do you really want to....Yes...getting error: Unable to callvote...Reason: Callvote not allowed.

Have tried to restart Aseco. (I get no errors during startup)
If you tried the chat-based votes for a bit and then set $feature_votes back to false, you'll have to restart the TMN server itself, because CallVotes are not automatically turned back on once the chat-based votes are disabled (only the opposite happens). And of course what soehest said also applies, the timeout and ratio need to be defined such that CallVotes are allowed.

Qbert
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU TMO

Post by Qbert » 06 Jan 2008 00:28

grääääjt 100/100!
ImageImage

Jackel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMU,&TMS

Post by Jackel » 06 Jan 2008 05:16

Is there a setting to place Admin commands back in pop-up window?
Founder and Admin of Cobra Gaming Systems.

BReMFoX
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by BReMFoX » 06 Jan 2008 08:05

Jackel wrote:Is there a setting to place Admin commands back in pop-up window?
Maybe "/admin helpall" works?