Strange warnings when opening Aseco

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

NeonovA
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by NeonovA » 29 Feb 2008 23:20

Hi i'm just new here and i'm having a problem.
This is the first time i was opening aseco. I just changed the config files.

Now i get this messenges when opening Aseco...

PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like
to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name]().
If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_
time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in F:\Aseco\includes\types.inc.php
on line 47
If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_
on line 72
PHP Warning: require_once(includes/rasp.settings.php): failed to open stream: N
o such file or directory in F:\Aseco\aseco.php on line 41
PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'includes/rasp.setting
s.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in F:\Aseco\aseco.php on line 41
Druk op een toets om door te gaan. . .

What to do?

NeonovA
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Re: Strange warnings when opening Aseco

Post by NeonovA » 29 Feb 2008 23:50

UPDATE:

This is the messege now...

on line 47
on line 72
PHP Notice: Constant LF already defined in F:\Aseco\aseco.php on line 53
# initialize ASECO ############################################################
[Aseco] PHP Version is 5.2.5
[Aseco] Load settings [config.xml]
[PHP Warning] file_get_contents(config.xml): failed to open stream: No such file
or directory on line 34 in file F:\Aseco\includes\xmlparser.inc.php
[ASECO Fatal Error] You've got an XML error in your Aseco config file! on line 2

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 01 Mar 2008 00:10

NeonovA wrote:UPDATE:

This is the messege now...

on line 47
on line 72
PHP Notice: Constant LF already defined in F:\Aseco\aseco.php on line 53
You can ignore these, they happen on some PHP installs and not on others, but they don't prevent the system from working.
NeonovA wrote:# initialize ASECO ############################################################
[PHP Warning] file_get_contents(config.xml): failed to open stream: No such file
[ASECO Fatal Error] You've got an XML error in your Aseco config file! on line 2
You didn't say which Aseco version you're trying (always provide as much relevant info as possible in a problem report), but I suspect it's v0.93 and I also suspect you didn't read the installation notes:
Important:

* In the zip file, all *.XML and config files are now located inside the newinstall/ directory. This means that you should be able to unzip the download and replace all the code files (unless you made changes to any) without worrying about overwriting your customized config files. However, for every XML/config file that was updated (see above), you must replace your version with the one from the newinstall/ directory, or compare them and add any new/changed configuration settings to your version to insure the system remains working correctly.
* For a new installation, move all *.XML files from newinstall/ into the main directory, next to aseco.php, and move all *.PHP files into the includes/ directory.
As a result, config.xml isn't where it should be and cannot be opened by the file_get_contents call. Follow the instructions and try again.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

NeonovA
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by NeonovA » 01 Mar 2008 09:24

You can ignore these, they happen on some PHP installs and not on others, but they don't prevent the system from working.
NeonovA wrote:# initialize ASECO ############################################################
You didn't say which Aseco version you're trying (always provide as much relevant info as possible in a problem report), but I suspect it's v0.93 and I also suspect you didn't read the installation notes:
Important:

* In the zip file, all *.XML and config files are now located inside the newinstall/ directory. This means that you should be able to unzip the download and replace all the code files (unless you made changes to any) without worrying about overwriting your customized config files. However, for every XML/config file that was updated (see above), you must replace your version with the one from the newinstall/ directory, or compare them and add any new/changed configuration settings to your version to insure the system remains working correctly.
* For a new installation, move all *.XML files from newinstall/ into the main directory, next to aseco.php, and move all *.PHP files into the includes/ directory.

I'm sorry for the less information. Yes it's Aseco 0.93v
And i missed the part you describe here. Maby that was becouse it was a little late. :oops:
That is working fine now, but now if got some problems with making the database.

I downloaded MYSQL Server 5.0.
Installed en then i created a Server Name (tmn) with password with the Config Wizard.
Now i was going to MYSQL Command Line Client. Here i must filled in the password that i filled in at the Config Wizard.
Afther that i made the database to typ CREATE DATABASE aseco;
That was oke, but from now one i don't get it anymore.

After that, they say in the "quickwizard" on gamers.org, the following things.

"Also create a separate user (e.g. "tmn") in MySQL with a password, and grant this user all rights to the "aseco" database.
Login as (or switch to) user "tmn" so that all files created down the road receive the correct ownership and permissions."

I was thinking that i already made an account with the name "tmn" when doing the Config Wizard from MySQL. If thats's correct, how i can make that user "tmn" get access to the aseco database? I think it's simply as what, but i realy don't know if it's alright.

I hope some of u can help me ;)

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 01 Mar 2008 09:58

NeonovA wrote:You can ignore these, they happen on some PHP installs and not on others, but they don't prevent the system from working.
Careful with the way you quote previous posts... I wrote that, not you. :wink: Use the Quote button, not copy/paste.
NeonovA wrote:I'm sorry for the less information. Yes it's Aseco 0.93v
And i missed the part you describe here. Maby that was becouse it was a little late. :oops:
That is working fine now, but now if got some problems with making the database.

Installed en then i created a Server Name (tmn) with password with the Config Wizard.
Now i was going to MYSQL Command Line Client. Here i must filled in the password that i filled in at the Config Wizard.

"Also create a separate user (e.g. "tmn") in MySQL with a password, and grant this user all rights to the "aseco" database.
Login as (or switch to) user "tmn" so that all files created down the road receive the correct ownership and permissions."

I was thinking that i already made an account with the name "tmn" when doing the Config Wizard from MySQL. If thats's correct, how i can make that user "tmn" get access to the aseco database? I think it's simply as what, but i realy don't know if it's alright.

Sounds like you're talking about the Windows version. I know nothing about that, nor about this Config Wizard. That's why I didn't go into detail in my QSG how to do it, as it's not a MySQL tutorial. :)

That said, I know how to do it on the MySQL command line on Linux:

Code: Select all

create user 'tmn'@'localhost';
set password for 'tmn'@'localhost' = password('YOUR_PASSWORD');
grant all on aseco.* to 'tmn'@'localhost';
Maybe that helps, or someone else knows how to do this on Windows.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

NeonovA
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by NeonovA » 01 Mar 2008 11:15

Xymph wrote:
NeonovA wrote:You can ignore these, they happen on some PHP installs and not on others, but they don't prevent the system from working.
Careful with the way you quote previous posts... I wrote that, not you. :wink: Use the Quote button, not copy/paste.
NeonovA wrote:I'm sorry for the less information. Yes it's Aseco 0.93v

Sounds like you're talking about the Windows version. I know nothing about that, nor about this Config Wizard. That's why I didn't go into detail in my QSG how to do it, as it's not a MySQL tutorial. :)

That said, I know how to do it on the MySQL command line on Linux:

Code: Select all

create user 'tmn'@'localhost';
set password for 'tmn'@'localhost' = password('YOUR_PASSWORD');
grant all on aseco.* to 'tmn'@'localhost';
Maybe that helps, or someone else knows how to do this on Windows.
Thx for your help,
Aseco is working fine right now.
(mmm, had eigenlijk netzo goed nederlands kunnen praten, maarja dit is wel zo handig voor andere gebruikers)

Keep up the good work :1010