ASECO/RASP (with Dedimania) v0.95 released!

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: ASECO/RASP (with Dedimania) v0.95 released!

Post by Xymph » 10 Apr 2008 20:19

-tK- wrote:I told u other people were gonna use it xD
Yes, congratulations on being right. Would you like cake with that? :P
(I know, the cake is a lie).
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

SundayDriver
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: tmn

Post by SundayDriver » 12 Apr 2008 15:53

the /list authorname doesnt work with this new aseco..

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 13 Apr 2008 09:16

SundayDriver wrote:the /list authorname doesnt work with this new aseco..
Works fine for me, e.g. /list turbo will output all tracks on my server by Ron_Turbo as well as any with 'turbo' in the name.
Why do you think it doesn't work on your server? Provide details.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

LaBBe-
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by LaBBe- » 13 Apr 2008 10:36

where can i change the default tracklist the command /admin writetracklist writes? im now running multiple servers from the same directory and going to keep them in old nations for a while after forever comes, and i need each server to have their own tracklist.. i know i can type /admin writetracklist asdas.txt so it creates asdas.txt tracklist but it would be nice to have this made automatically so there is smaller chance for me messing up the tracklists.. :oops:

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 13 Apr 2008 13:33

LaBBe- wrote:where can i change the default tracklist the command /admin writetracklist writes? im now running multiple servers from the same directory and going to keep them in old nations for a while after forever comes, and i need each server to have their own tracklist.. i know i can type /admin writetracklist asdas.txt so it creates asdas.txt tracklist but it would be nice to have this made automatically so there is smaller chance for me messing up the tracklists.. :oops:
chat.admin.php:

Code: Select all

/**
   * Writes the track list to tracklist.txt (default).
   */
  }elseif ($command['params'][0] == 'writetracklist') {

$filename = 'tracklist.txt';
    // check for optional alternate filename
    if ($command['params'][1] != '') {
      $filename = $command['params'][1];
      if (!stristr($filename, '.txt')) {
        $filename .= '.txt';
      }
    }

Lovemaster
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2C, TM2S

Post by Lovemaster » 13 Apr 2008 17:29

Just a quick question, tho i think i already know the answer... Is it possible to import my localdatabase to dedimania? Most of the tracks on our server don't have dedimania records, so you could take the 198th local rec and the 1st dedimania rec, which is confusing to some....

Btw, Xymph, EXCELLENT work on this latest release!! Smoothest, fastest, most responsive version of ASECO/RASP i've seen to date. I upgraded from v0.7 to v.95 and my jaw dropped at the performance of it.

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 13 Apr 2008 17:37

Lovemaster wrote:Just a quick question, tho i think i already know the answer... Is it possible to import my localdatabase to dedimania? Most of the tracks on our server don't have dedimania records, so you could take the 198th local rec and the 1st dedimania rec, which is confusing to some....
No.
It will change after some days/week, don't worry too much ;)

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 13 Apr 2008 17:58

Lovemaster wrote:Btw, Xymph, EXCELLENT work on this latest release!! Smoothest, fastest, most responsive version of ASECO/RASP i've seen to date.
Thanks. :sweet:
Lovemaster wrote:I upgraded from v0.7 to v.95 and my jaw dropped at the performance of it.
Duh, v0.7 is positively ancient. :wink: Also, the speed improvement was already introduced in v0.92, but I guess you missed the very first sentence of this thread. :lol:

Lovemaster
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Lovemaster » 13 Apr 2008 20:28

Xymph wrote:Also, the speed improvement was already introduced in v0.92, but I guess you missed the very first sentence of this thread. :lol:
i did... :oops: lol... Another question, (after scanning through all 8 pages of this topic...) Somewhat frequently, the chat window just goes totally blank, until someone either sets a rec, or chats.. then what was on the chat window before it went blank returns, along with either the new rec or chat... Anyone else experience this?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 13 Apr 2008 22:12

Lovemaster wrote:i did... :oops: lol... Another question, (after scanning through all 8 pages of this topic...) Somewhat frequently, the chat window just goes totally blank, until someone either sets a rec, or chats.. then what was on the chat window before it went blank returns, along with either the new rec or chat... Anyone else experience this?
Yes, this is a common problem with the TMN dedicated. For a while I thought the updated GbxRemote module improved that situation, and while it seems to occur less than before, it certainly hasn't eliminated the problem. I don't think there's anything that can be done about it server/tool-wise, just hitting 'C' twice to bring up the big chat window and then return to the small one restores the text there though, so it's not a huge issue.

CavalierDeVache
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: tmu tmn tms tmo

Post by CavalierDeVache » 13 Apr 2008 22:27

If this is on a Linux server using a tool like dos2unix on the xml files will convert the linefeeds from any dos style ones that snuck in to unix style. In fact I have run all the files in aseco through it that I have used for the past 2 years or so just to clean things up.

It can help tremendously with odd bugs like the chat going blank for no discernible reason.

Lovemaster
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Lovemaster » 14 Apr 2008 09:31

It is running on a Unix server, so that may be worth a shot, thx.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 14 Apr 2008 09:39

CavalierDeVache wrote:If this is on a Linux server using a tool like dos2unix on the xml files will convert the linefeeds from any dos style ones that snuck in to unix style. In fact I have run all the files in aseco through it that I have used for the past 2 years or so just to clean things up.

It can help tremendously with odd bugs like the chat going blank for no discernible reason.
I put DOS-style newlines into all plain text files (.php, .xml, etc) using unix2dos before building the downloadable zip so that they remain readable on Windows boxes. So running dos2unix over all .xml and .php files helps to clean those up on Linux indeed.

But all chat messages in the .xml files occupy a single line so as not to let a DOS newline become embedded in the message accidentally, and any multi-line messages generated by the code are wrapped using the LF constant ("\n") that's defined at the start of aseco.php, for the same reason. So frankly I can't imagine how the dos2unix sweep could affect the chat window blanking in any way, and I still see it happening occasionally on my Linux server too.

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by lille79 » 14 Apr 2008 11:25

Can't remember when it started, but I can't remember it happened in your first releases Xymph? No sweat either, cause double-tapping the "c" does the trick the few times this happens...
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by soehest » 14 Apr 2008 12:36

We did part of the blacklist system back here:

viewtopic.php?p=83501#p83501

Problem was that blacklist file was not saved when blacklisting someone, and you did take care of this. I just looked over the code and blacklist is updated when adding and removing someone, but not when doing a /admin cleanblacklist, which explains why some users keeps getting blacklisted whenever i restart the tmn server :-) Shouldn't it update the blacklist.txt when cleaning the entire blacklist ?

Regards