ASECO/RASP (with Dedimania) v0.95 released!

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: ASECO/RASP (with Dedimania) v0.95 released!

Post by Xymph » 30 Mar 2008 10:19

slly wrote:something that seems new: all the constant traffic to/from the mysql database, to the tune of about 120kbit/s (2 servers running the same 0.95 aseco running against this database) ?

for cow's server(s) the database is on another server... here's that server's traffic of late.
[...]
it really doesn't matter, the traffic is local. this happens even with the server empty.

i was concerned that maybe it's a run away query or something.
Hmm, I can't think what could be causing that. The new Dedimania stuff doesn't interact with the local database at all, and none of the other changes in v0.95 involved any database/query changes either I think. Let me know if you find out more.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 30 Mar 2008 12:36

cow wrote:multi server support built in
It would not be a good idea, at least in php script, already it's difficult to avoid having the script too busy and miss some live thing without delay and so being reactive.

Chat across servers and such thing should preferably be made with a secondary script which should just make such secondary features.
nocturne wrote:It would just be nice if there was some way to invalidate records, or perhaps even just a loop in the DM plugin that checks if a DM top rec is more than a certain percentage below the TMX rec (or author time), and displays the records in Aseco at the beginning as being 'invalid', and just 'turn off' and wait for the next round...
Percentage just can't work. All author times are not made by good player, or just made quickly. If you look at some maps (at least league ones), you will probably see that many have a real top1 several seconds better than the author time. Also, the author time on multilap maps means nothing in TimeAttack.
Xymph wrote:The only approach I could think of needs to happen on the database: delete records where the last checkpoint time doesn't match the finish time, or that have no checkpoints at all. But that's Slig's department.
When the checkpoints are present any record where the last cp time is different to the record time is rejected. One problem is that actually the Onyx plugin don't send cp times, and that i can't reject them because Dedimania started with a collaboration between Onyx authors and me. When the cp don't match the top it's because the top was improved on a onyx server after being first made on a Fast (and now aseco/rasp), it does not indicate a false record, but the new one can be false anyway.

As i said, most wrong records come from script errors (sending real records to the wrong maps for some reason), but anyway cheat records exist too, and looking cp times is not enough.

That's why "soon" no top1 will be validated without at least the ValidationReplay, which should remove all wrong top1 problems (except probably high level cheat ones, full security exist nowhere...).

R-Loaded
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN

Post by R-Loaded » 30 Mar 2008 17:09

Hello all
I have a little problem with this Release.
If i installed and configured this version i becam this errormessage:
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function show_dedirecs() in /home/*****/TMNserver/Aseco/plugins/plugin.dedimania.php on line 458
Plz can someone me help to fix this ???

Keep up the good work & thx

Sorry for my bad English i`m german

Greetz R-Loaded

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 30 Mar 2008 19:39

R-Loaded wrote:I have a little problem with this Release.
If i installed and configured this version i becam this errormessage:
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function show_dedirecs() in /home/*****/TMNserver/Aseco/plugins/plugin.dedimania.php on line 458
Plz can someone me help to fix this ???
Did you remove chat.dedimania.php from plugins.xml, or upgrade from a previous release and not include it? That's where that function is defined. Check the original plugins.xml file in the zip for how it needs to look.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

R-Loaded
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN

Thanks for help

Post by R-Loaded » 30 Mar 2008 20:16

thank you for the fast help.
I used my old plugins.xml file and forgot that plugin including.
Now it worked very nice.

Thx for helping me

Greetz R-Loaded

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Post by cow » 30 Mar 2008 21:20

deimania goes through it's pains like everything else.
Most of the cheating recs are obvious.
but if you play a while you will notice they go away..there are times when dedi is rather clean.
and yeah I had some issues
most of our res beat dedi when I started if dedi had any recs for the track at all.. it wasn't common to find a server using it.
but we have been using it for quite some time now and I like it.
it is good to find cuts. I like the nice recs page it makes for tet19 which gives me a handy tet19 players list, I can look up the relative ability of other teams. And now that xymphs added it, more and more servers will start to use dedimania making them more valuable.
and yeah tmx could be a public database, but it isnt, many tracks we have recs that beat the wr by a lot. I try to encourage people to post their recs, but people are lazy.
I would use nothing but the dedimania recs, if we could work server ranks into it.
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 30 Mar 2008 21:35

cow wrote:I would use nothing but the dedimania recs, if we could work server ranks into it.
Players on my server suggested the same during the closed testing period, but there's no way to run the kind of database queries that ranks (and related features) require against the central Dedimania system. So I'm afraid that's not going to be possible for a long time, if at all.

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 30 Mar 2008 23:20

Slig wrote:
nocturne wrote:It would just be nice if there was some way to invalidate records, or perhaps even just a loop in the DM plugin that checks if a DM top rec is more than a certain percentage below the TMX rec (or author time), and displays the records in Aseco at the beginning as being 'invalid', and just 'turn off' and wait for the next round...
Percentage just can't work. All author times are not made by good player, or just made quickly. If you look at some maps (at least league ones), you will probably see that many have a real top1 several seconds better than the author time...
Well, I know exactly what you mean, but as far as 'invalidate' goes I can more or less just add a loop to the chat plugin to cancel out the display of DM recs on tracks with a given uid (from a manually updated list). It's a bit crude, but it'll work fine as the tracklist doesn't change much and the bad recs are really easy to spot (like 13.xx on High Society). Most of the other records are fine, and not using DM on a few is certainly a small price for the overall functionality. Mostly at this point I'm worried about stability, but I'm sure there's still some tweaking I can do somewhere...

The validationreplay sounds like a good idea, but will it be implemented on old tracks already with records?

A little off-topic... the header on the DM stats page is a bit ungainly... why not use the image from the site front page ('united blocks' style)? I think it fits the clean layout better... :wink:

liquide
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF :)

Post by liquide » 31 Mar 2008 20:03

Hello Xymph, very good work for your aseco version. Aseco v0.93 run in my server (i will upgrade in few time ;))
But yesterday, i can see a strange thing. A player come in the server and ask me to remove of the black list his friend . But when i try (ingame) with /admin removeblacklist IDplayer .... the answer was "player unknow use /players to see players list", that logical in other case; But if the player is blacklisted in can't be ingame...no ?

it's a script error or i make a mistake somewhere ?

Thanks for all, bye
16 April 2008 must be written in the Encyclopædia Universalis

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 31 Mar 2008 20:49

liquide wrote:Hello Xymph, very good work for your aseco version. Aseco v0.93 run in my server (i will upgrade in few time ;))
But yesterday, i can see a strange thing. A player come in the server and ask me to remove of the black list his friend . But when i try (ingame) with /admin removeblacklist IDplayer .... the answer was "player unknow use /players to see players list", that logical in other case; But if the player is blacklisted in can't be ingame...no ?

it's a script error or i make a mistake somewhere ?
First of all, the correct command is /admin unblack <ID/login>, not removeblacklist.
Second, to use a PlayerID you must first have a valid list that includes that player, e.g. via /admin showblacklist, otherwise the PlayerID is taken from whatever previous list of players you saw, which probably won't include that particular player, or a different player for the ID you're using. Then you'll get the "player unknown" error.

liquide
cyclist
cyclist

Post by liquide » 31 Mar 2008 21:13

the correct command is /admin unblack <ID/login>
Exact , (shame on me i don't know perfectly aseco command :mrgreen: ): it's an error in my post sorry :oops:. But i used (ingame) the good command (/admin unblack <ID/login> and /admin showblacklist too).

:arrow: I tink I understand now: my black list existed before Aseco install and run .. so aseco never "saw" this player :!: . yes ?

PS: Just an other little question. Why isn't possible to use aseco command from bankend admin? ( remoteCp or Tmweb).
Perhaps you going to tell me: "Why ? main command (restart, next, kick , guest...) exist in this banked admin "
This is just an open question, answer me when you have time, if you want :P .

Thanks a lot :wink:

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 31 Mar 2008 22:24

liquide wrote:PS: Just an other little question. Why isn't possible to use aseco command from bankend admin? ( remoteCp or Tmweb).
Perhaps you going to tell me: "Why ? main command (restart, next, kick , guest...) exist in this banked admin "
This is just an open question, answer me when you have time, if you want :P .
What's a "banked" admin? An admin with lots of money in the bank? :o

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 31 Mar 2008 23:41

liquide wrote:...Why isn't possible to use aseco command from bankend admin? ( remoteCp or Tmweb). Perhaps you going to tell me: "Why ? main command (restart, next, kick , guest...) exist in this banked admin "...
The reason why admin chat commands don't work in remotecp is because in the chat box you technically aren't speaking as a player who's login is validated as an admin, but basically the server is just spitting out a server message formatted with your name. Aseco doesn't check for commands in server output (would create out of control loops in many cases), but instead chat received from players.

You're right though... Practically every aseco admin command is represented in remotecp (but in a nice point-n-click interface), besides the 'cancel' command which isn't of much use for votes you can't see. As far as the record commands go, you can always use a web script like Cypher's Aseco Stats.
Xymph wrote:What's a "banked" admin? An admin with lots of money in the bank? :o
liquide wrote:_________________
I'm so sorry for my bad english!
He said he was sorry! :x

Liquide, your english is great. Just a small spelling mishap -- 'bankend' -> 'backend', but we all knew what you meant.

liquide
cyclist
cyclist

Post by liquide » 01 Apr 2008 07:47

:( an other mistake, excuse me Xymph, i wanted to said "backend". Thank you nocturne for spelling correction and explanations too :) . (Indeed, my question refered to votes: normal callvotes disabled and chat-based votes enabled (very useful function :1010 )).

:lovetm

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 01 Apr 2008 08:34

nocturne wrote:
Xymph wrote:What's a "banked" admin? An admin with lots of money in the bank? :o
liquide wrote:_________________
I'm so sorry for my bad english!
He said he was sorry! :x

Liquide, your english is great. Just a small spelling mishap -- 'bankend' -> 'backend', but we all knew what you meant.
I missed that he first said 'bankend' and then 'banked', but even then, it was just a joke because, indeed, his English is fine. Relax. :D
And to be honest, I wasn't all that familiar with the phrase 'backend admin' because I've never used such programs. So thanks for clearing that up.