ASECO/RASP (with Dedimania) v0.95 released!

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Re: ASECO/RASP (with Dedimania) v0.95 released!

Post by lille79 » 07 Apr 2008 17:04

I get this

Code: Select all

[PHP Warning] stream_select(): unable to select [9]: Bad file descriptor (max_fd=0) on line 200 in file C:\testtmn\usbTMN_v1.9\Tmn\aseco095_1\includes\web_access.inc.php
[PHP Warning] stream_select(): unable to select [9]: Bad file descriptor (max_fd=0) on line 200 in file C:\testtmn\usbTMN_v1.9\Tmn\aseco095_1\includes\web_access.inc.php
* Webaccess (dedimania.net:8003): Read timeout (20)
End Race
[PHP Warning] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() on line 480 in file C:\testtmn\usbTMN_v1.9\Tmn\aseco095_1\plugins\plugin.dedimania.php
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
Begin Race
[04/07,18:40:13] track changed [IrritAbeLLL3] >> [OWN Turn-On 4]
[04/07,18:40:13] current record on OWN Turn-On 4 is 0:57.17 and held by ophen
Begin Round
* Webaccess (dedimania.net:8003): Read timeout (20)
This happens sometimes I see now in my aseco logfile.txt, but since it seems to recover I didn't see it at first. Running without dedimania doesn't give errors at all on any setup I've tried so far.

Dedimania seems to work mostly, but this happens on occations. Haven't had very much visits on this server lately, so I can't say much more than the server isn't "stressed out" in any way. Running TA at the moment, and this has happened with few or none players on the server.

btw. the list is often 20-40 lines with the php warning..., just copied out one part... No other error messages
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 07 Apr 2008 18:13

lille79 wrote:I get this
And have you read this entire thread and this specific post already? :wink: I've yet to hear back from someone who tried it...
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by lille79 » 07 Apr 2008 18:45

Oh... or rather ooops. Forgot to read all the pages. /me goes testing :)
/lille79
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

-tK-
road tourist
road tourist

Post by -tK- » 07 Apr 2008 19:34

Xymph wrote:
And have you read this entire thread and this specific post already? :wink: I've yet to hear back from someone who tried it...
oops forgot, the fix slig suggested seems to have done the trick.

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by soehest » 08 Apr 2008 10:50

Hi there, me coming back doesn't make your life much easier :D My server has been down, and have started it again, of course upgraded to 0.95 which does run quite well. I then wanted to take up the record range:

//Sets the maximum number of records per track
// Lower = Faster
$maxrecs = 100;

I was quite puzzled when aseco got restarted. My logic says that if i up the maxrecs to 100 from 50 the ranked players totals should go up. Before it was eg. 46/2678 i thought it would increment to 46/5356 but it did not. Am i missing something, records have gone up with 50% should the chance of getting a server rank go up 50% as well? :-)

I then looked closer in the database and found some odd, though i am not sure this has something to do with the previous question i am pretty sure that those "1e+06" are not supposed to be there. Browsing in a backup database it seems the previous value was 50000 but something must have changed them into 1e+06? :-)

I am really not keen of starting up a new database as it has a huge amount of records :-)

Great work with the new dedimania support and the tweaking support not to spam all records to the chat. Any plans on making a similar system for local records? :1010

Regards

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 08 Apr 2008 11:49

soehest wrote:Hi there, me coming back doesn't make your life much easier :D My server has been down, and have started it again, of course upgraded to 0.95 which does run quite well. I then wanted to take up the record range:

//Sets the maximum number of records per track
// Lower = Faster
$maxrecs = 100;
That's fine.
soehest wrote:I was quite puzzled when aseco got restarted. My logic says that if i up the maxrecs to 100 from 50 the ranked players totals should go up. Before it was eg. 46/2678 i thought it would increment to 46/5356 but it did not. Am i missing something, records have gone up with 50% should the chance of getting a server rank go up 50% as well? :-)
Yes, but that applies only to new records. You see, back with maxrecs=50 when someone drove a time outside the top50, that time was only stored in the rs_times database table. But the ranked records (and thus the rank calculation) are taken only from the records table, and just doubling the maxrecs value won't magically copy all the relevant entries from one table to the other. :)

But since I've already been there and done that, I wrote a Repair records PHP script for that purpose. You can also use this after pruning records from players that haven't been back on your server in ages, because then the top100 records also have to be filled up with entries from rs_times. That script is at the same link.
soehest wrote:I then looked closer in the database and found some odd, though i am not sure this has something to do with the previous question i am pretty sure that those "1e+06" are not supposed to be there. Browsing in a backup database it seems the previous value was 50000 but something must have changed them into 1e+06? :-)
The previous maximum must have been 500000. 1e+06 is scientific notation for 1000000, two times that 500000, so this is correct when there's now 100 records per track for the rank (avg) calculation.
soehest wrote:I am really not keen of starting up a new database as it has a huge amount of records :-)
No worries, that's not needed.
soehest wrote:Great work with the new dedimania support and the tweaking support not to spam all records to the chat. Any plans on making a similar system for local records? :1010
That system already exists, I simply made the Dedimania one the same. :wink:
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by lille79 » 08 Apr 2008 13:14

Xymph wrote:
Tested for almost a day now, and no errors so far, so I believe this did the trick :lovexymph :1010
/lille79

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 08 Apr 2008 13:41

lille79 wrote:
Xymph wrote:And have you read this entire thread and this specific post already? :wink: I've yet to hear back from someone who tried it...
Tested for almost a day now, and no errors so far, so I believe this did the trick :1010
Ok thanks to you and tK for the feedback. This updated web_access module has been part of the main ASECO/RASP zip since the same day as the separate link (April 1), so everybody who downloaded it since then should not have those stream_select errors anymore either.

bjab
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by bjab » 08 Apr 2008 14:37

Hi,

I've got a problem with the IRC-plugin.
It is connected and I can write messages to the server.
But the problem is I cant see (in mIRC) messages coming from the server.
An example. I type something in mIRC, it shows up in the server, but the people in the server can't reply.
What can I do to solve this problem ?
Owner of RCTLand Fullspeed server

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 09 Apr 2008 16:33

bjab wrote:I've got a problem with the IRC-plugin.
An example. I type something in mIRC, it shows up in the server, but the people in the server can't reply.
I'm afraid I can't help you, the IRC and matchsave plugins are the only two things in the entire release I didn't touch and know very little about. Maybe someone else has an idea?

El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S

Post by El Fuego » 10 Apr 2008 12:26

Installed and tested v0.95 last night (although not for very long). Seems to run fine (Win XP Pro) and connected to dedimania no probs. :)
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

SmokeAlot
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Post by SmokeAlot » 10 Apr 2008 17:44

bjab wrote:Hi,

IRC function works fine for me
Type /irc in the server and make sure everything is switched on
Should have no problems then

I have a problem of my own though
I LOVE the /admin setgamemode function
problem i have though is that when i change it to rounds or team there is no pointlimit set?

I can correct this with servermania but would be appreciative if there's a way to set a pointlimit for such within game?

Cheers

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 10 Apr 2008 19:04

SmokeAlot wrote:I have a problem of my own though
problem i have though is that when i change it to rounds or team there is no pointlimit set?

I can correct this with servermania but would be appreciative if there's a way to set a pointlimit for such within game?
Set the desired point and time limits in the match settings file that you load the server with, then you can switch modes on the fly and run with those limits.

-tK-
road tourist
road tourist

Post by -tK- » 10 Apr 2008 19:39

Xymph wrote:
SmokeAlot wrote:I have a problem of my own though

Set the desired point and time limits in the match settings file that you load the server with, then you can switch modes on the fly and run with those limits.
I told u other people were gonna use it xD

-tK-
road tourist
road tourist

Post by -tK- » 10 Apr 2008 19:43

SmokeAlot wrote:
bjab wrote:Hi,

IRC function works fine for me
Type /irc in the server and make sure everything is switched on
Should have no problems then
I dont think the original irc plugin has a /irc command, you must be talking about my irc plugin :p